RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #75517

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Well, it's my last day in sunny Florida, tonight the birds and I head on back to the northern front, RV and toad and all...sad to see it end, it's still nice down here but won't be for long. The heat and humidity is coming...
Coming? When I was in Miami... Tuesday was really hot and humid! MOnday was rainy but cooler, Sunday we walked outside a little, but it was still very humid... notice a theme there?The humidity makes it hard to exercise in, but folks were out walking,jogging, or riding bikes every time we went someplace.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #75518

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hi Everybody!

Well we took Clora Mae to Iowa for our first camping trip of the year. I drove her, twice, by myself. Much less scared to do that, now. Much more likely to go to the FEUMGC even if Allen can't make it, assuming Clora Mae is running fine.

So we have a few issues... besides the tire valve stem ones -- thanks to everyone who chimed in on FB about those! I think we can get that issue fixed and Allen seems confident.

The other issue is gauges. The engine temperature and oil gauges aren't working right. We stopped and made sure we had fluids filled up so it wasn't that; but Allen was concerned that the gauges may be showing nothing because there's issues with the circulation of the fluids. So he's doing some research but likely will need to put her up on her leveling blocks in our driveway and get under to take a look.

The water heater is also acting up again, so I think we may need to do some work on that. Hot water from kitchen and bathroom but none in shower. Oddity. Not a blockage. Cold water definitely coming out of both sides from the shower hose. Just hot water not making it.

On the plus side, she did great for our trip. Oldest son spent the 3 days with us as he was also in the tournament, just two divisions up from us. DIL and grandson also came for an overnight. First time grandson camping. He had a blast.

Charlene
Some owners of older units put a Hot water turn off cock between the lines at the water heater for winterization purposes... my first thought was that... but you are getting it to your sinks so I'm wrong there.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #75519

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hi Everybody!

Well we took Clora Mae to Iowa for our first camping trip of the year. I drove her, twice, by myself. Much less scared to do that, now. Much more likely to go to the FEUMGC even if Allen can't make it, assuming Clora Mae is running fine.

So we have a few issues... besides the tire valve stem ones -- thanks to everyone who chimed in on FB about those! I think we can get that issue fixed and Allen seems confident.

The other issue is gauges. The engine temperature and oil gauges aren't working right. We stopped and made sure we had fluids filled up so it wasn't that; but Allen was concerned that the gauges may be showing nothing because there's issues with the circulation of the fluids. So he's doing some research but likely will need to put her up on her leveling blocks in our driveway and get under to take a look.
if you have a 460 under that doghouse then a whole new system from O'Reilly's is available and relatively easy to install
Quote:

The water heater is also acting up again, so I think we may need to do some work on that. Hot water from kitchen and bathroom but none in shower. Oddity. Not a blockage. Cold water definitely coming out of both sides from the shower hose. Just hot water not making it.
The water heater is fine check out the plumbing over to the shower. Sometimes a valve is installed for whatever reason
Quote:

On the plus side, she did great for our trip. Oldest son spent the 3 days with us as he was also in the tournament, just two divisions up from us. DIL and grandson also came for an overnight. First time grandson camping. He had a blast.

Charlene
Them there words will be gratefully appreciated and remembered for years to come. Y'all get the Mutant great grand mothering award.

BTW I did try to give you an O'Reilly part number to make it easier on Allen, but Mr O'Reilly's brother in law isn't all that great on website design.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #75520
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe Charlene did say that it indeed is a 460 power plant in Clora Mae.

Love that engine. Had one in a '79 F-250 once. It had tall gears.......had it up to 140mph ONCE. The speedo needle was all the way around to 15mph. Crazy as hell back then.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #75521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I believe Charlene did say that it indeed is a 460 power plant in Clora Mae.

Love that engine. Had one in a '79 F-250 once. It had tall gears.......had it up to 140mph ONCE. The speedo needle was all the way around to 15mph. Crazy as hell back then.
Then?! Yer here now, ain't ya?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #75522
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Ah! Good point. That means I ain't lost it!
Sometimes I may forget where I put it however.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #75523

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Thanks to Tim/Mary !!! They met us at Mr Whiskers for long overdue lunch just before I starved. No pictures, so it may not have happened.
What was the special? Tender Vittles?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #75524

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
That's great about your grandson, he will remember that forever I guarantee it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Them there words will be gratefully appreciated and remembered for years to come. Y'all get the Mutant great grand mothering award.
Awww, thanks guys. I have very fond memories of my grandparents on both sides, my paternal grandpa taught me to fish when I was 13. Also taught me to clean my own fish! I've had a lifelong love of fishing because of him. So I hope to pass along a love of camping, hiking, fishing and disc golf in our grandkids if they'll let me.

Richard, Sounds like you guys all had fun at Mr. Whiskers -- just give us detailed descriptions of what ya ate and we'll call it good. Hahahah. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Queen Ann!

Dave, is that campground near Danville on any list?
I guess what I mean is, do we have a Mutant Recommended Campgrounds List that people have been maintaining?
I know not everyone will love every campground, but for those of us who love compiling lists.....

Thanks for the info about the sending units-- Allen was thinking the same thing was a possibility, too. Lots to go wrong on an old girl like her. I'll recommend Allen check out your post and give him the post number. At least he knows how to come in here an ask questions. We're bringing her home on May 1 to start working on that issue. I'd asked him to do some research between internet and library. I'm delighted you speak Clora Mae's language!

Martha, thanks for the idea about the water cock, I'll at least have Allen take a look.

Moose, Hahaha to O'Reilley's BIL. We do have a 460 so I'll also mention your post to Allen. A new system would be great, assuming that's what we need? Won't know til he gets under there. Checking the shower plumbing for a valve was on the list.

Quote:
*ahem* -- "back then"????????

Thanks friends!

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #75525

Quote:

###### snip #####

*ahem* -- "back then"????????

#####

Charlene
My thought exactly!

PS: We're back in Champaign County ....!

Sending you a PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #75526
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Howdy Y'all!

I've been posting my nightly travelogue to the email list, but Yahoo doesnít seem to like me anymore. My posts arenít going thru. Iím looking for a different server that might be more reliable.

I've also decided I need a TPMS on my coach and toad. Any recommendations?

This is why
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F3236EE3-87F8-4732-9852-0E81819E3D93.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	200615  
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #75527

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

***** snip *****

This is why
Oh, OUCH! That's terrible! I'll ask what Martin has on ours.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #75528

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
My thought exactly!

PS: We're back in Champaign County ....!

Sending you a PM.
It just arrived. Headed there next. Welcome back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Howdy Y'all!

I've been posting my nightly travelogue to the email list, but Yahoo doesnít seem to like me anymore. My posts arenít going thru. Iím looking for a different server that might be more reliable.

This is why
Oh noes, Barb!! What happened??? I'm sorry yahoo isn't sending your messages, I hope you can find them to resend them on a different server. Or somesuch.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:03 PM   #75529

R U an RV Mutant too?

^^^^^^
Yikes, Barb!
Hope there wasnít to much damage to Smarty.
I have a TST TPMS (Truck Systems Technology).
I wish everyone had one.
And we miss U

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:04 PM   #75530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oh, OUCH! That's terrible! I'll ask what Martin has on ours.
TST: Truck Service Technology. Same as what Wayne has. 😉

PS: Service? System? Dunno.