Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #75811

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Hey Deb, hope everything going well for you guys. Was just thinking of you two, as a matter of fact I had a Idaho potato the other night in your honor, the steak was the side dish.
Been super busy! Got our lot sold a week ago Friday and last week closed on my dad's place. Been going through everything we own trying to decide what we want to hang on to and what will be sold in an estate sale. Getting closer to putting our place up for sale too. It's all starting to come together. Who knows, we might end up in your neck of the world one of these days. Still want to see if I can find my grandmothers grave site. We found a geocaching item we collected today and thought of you too. It's a 3-piece chicken dinner.

P.S. We've been watching the steaks on the meadow this month. We have to go out of state if we want a large Idaho potato. They only give us the rejects.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #75812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie movn View Post
We are just excited to finally own a rv
I remember the joy of which you're talking. We were joyful when we purchased a new 1975 Lark pop-up camper. Years upon years of camping and traveling around the midwest. Oh what memories of us and our two daughters enjoying each other as much as what we were experiencing. We have pictures of our youngest getting a bath in the camper's tiny sink. Welcome to a lifestyle that you will never forget or regret.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #75813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Just pretend it's gazpacho soup like served on Red Dwarf. Old wuzzizname will never know the difference. Nice guy but a little slow on the uptake.

Nary a drop left in ole whazzizname's bowl. 😋 Nor in mine, either!

If I could airbrush out the power pole & line in the pic below I would, and the rain doesn't show too well. Still, I'm sitting on the south deck, thunder rumbling overhead, and this is part of what I can see approaching from the west.

Attachment 202089

I tried to get another, more dramatic shot, but the wind suddenly turned up a notch & turned cold, lightning got brighter, & it seemed appropriate to retreat indoors.

I'm no longer sitting on the deck. 🤤

Cheers!
Quote:
Just pretend it's gazpacho soup like served on Red Dwarf. Old wuzzizname will never know the difference. Nice guy but a little slow on the uptake.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #75814

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hi Admiral Bill. Sorry to be picky, but the quote is "You may fire when ready, Gridley".

Sorry about that.

Tom
Hello Tom!
Thanks for the correction, I feel most embarrassed. For some reason the quote morphed to Quigley in my mind. Though it being part of my heritage I should have not let that happen. Sometimes bits n pieces of information get mixed together upstairs know what I mean?

Guess I'll go get me a bottle of ginko biloba and blame it on Tom Selleck for Quigley Down Under. [emoji1]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #75815

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Been super busy! Got our lot sold a week ago Friday and last week closed on my dad's place. Been going through everything we own trying to decide what we want to hang on to and what will be sold in an estate sale. Getting closer to putting our place up for sale too. It's all starting to come together. Who knows, we might end up in your neck of the world one of these days. Still want to see if I can find my grandmothers grave site. We found a geocaching item we collected today and thought of you too. It's a 3-piece chicken dinner.

P.S. We've been watching the steaks on the meadow this month. We have to go out of state if we want a large Idaho potato. They only give us the rejects.
Come on down, the best way to visit that cemetery would be in a group. A well armed group. I'm willing if you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Nary a drop left in ole whazzizname's bowl. 😋 Nor in mine, either!

If I could airbrush out the power pole & line in the pic below I would, and the rain doesn't show too well. Still, I'm sitting on the south deck, thunder rumbling overhead, and this is part of what I can see approaching from the west.

Attachment 202089

I tried to get another, more dramatic shot, but the wind suddenly turned up a notch & turned cold, lightning got brighter, & it seemed appropriate to retreat indoors.

I'm no longer sitting on the deck. 🤤

Cheers!
Sorry sue but I saw no picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hello Tom!
Thanks for the correction, I feel most embarrassed. For some reason the quote morphed to Quigley in my mind. Though it being part of my heritage I should have not let that happen. Sometimes bits n pieces of information get mixed together upstairs know what I mean?

Guess I'll go get me a bottle of ginko biloba and blame it on Tom Selleck for Quigley Down Under. [emoji1]

Deuce get it right, the family might disown you!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #75816

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hahaha! Yup Tim, black sheep for sure.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #75817

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sorry sue but I saw no picture!
Uh-oh. Que pasa? I'll try again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180509_195443.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	202119

Is this better?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:14 PM   #75818
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue, what pole are you talking about?

Anyone see a pole?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sue.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	202120  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #75819

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
No, no, no, not left out, just haven't yet jumped the hoops to be in! Barb described the hoops, I think. Those 2 very rigorous requirements are that you 1) tell us something your coach does not have that you do not miss, and 2) declare here in these exact words: "The journey is the destination."

Someone more officious, errr, official, than I will then appear ("poof!") & award you your very own Mutant number.*

I know, ya hate me already. Bossy ole biddy, right? Oh, well ... my kids always claimed that my other car was a broom, too. 🙄 I c'n take it. C'mon on in anyway!

Cheers!
_____
*Oh, I almost forgot: Then, lucky you, the previous newbie will pass you the broom & dustpan (or is it a mop?) for cleanup detail. Ask Barb!

I wonder if that green stuff ever came off the handle .... Ask RetroGrandma!
I've met her, she's not hateful

Quote:
Thanks, Charlene! I'll try the Asian groceries in Champaign. There are at least 3, probably more. I just stocked up on sticky rice and mochi last week at Am-Ko. Pork belly seems as good a reason to go back as any. 😎

Cheers!
Come down to St. Louis Delmar Loop and Olive Blvd, you can stock up anything Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Well after 37 years with the Navy one thing I can do is drive a mop! I can also ride a buffer!
Sudsy
Yeah, Another shipmate joining the group. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post

Idaho potato's grow better in Washington!
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 AM   #75820

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Greetings Rookie! Congrats on the new rig. If you'll go back about 30 or so posts you'll see where we coached Sudsy thru the grueling entrance exam. Come back when you have studied up and you could become RVM 174.

Lets hope it’s multiple choice. And my answer is C [emoji16]
Old 05-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #75821

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ohmygoodness I love what a chatty group we are!

Spent the day yesterday getting my seedlings in their pots. Gotta do a planter garden this year coz we're ripping out the old railroad ties that held my ancient raised beds together. Got more to do today, but I'm more then halfway through. I love being outside and getting good, rich soil under my fingernails.

Going camping this weekend! Can't wait. Sue, its the place that used to be Yogi Bear Jellystone in Goodfield. Know it? We're taking DIL and oldest grandson, as our son is out of town this weekend. They're having a carnival and craft fair at the CG, which should be fun. Got a pull thru so I won't need help backing Clora Mae up.

Quote:
Tried finding Asian stores in the SW this winter. All kinds of luck, all negative. [emoji53] (Like Mr. Ford's early cars: any color you want, so long as it's black.) We just weren't looking in the right places.

Details at 10 ... no, that's the news. Try again: Details in a PM.

Cheers!
I think I'm gonna love going to Asian markets with you! Pm responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Well after 37 years with the Navy one thing I can do is drive a mop! I can also ride a buffer!

Sudsy
Ride a buffer, huh!?? Say... you wouldn't happen to mean SIDEWAYS, would ya?
Btw, you're a hoot... though I suspect thou already know that. Fits in perfectly with all the Muties here! Welcome welcome, whatever your number is!

Quote:
We are just excited to finally own a rv
I TOTALLY hear ya! We bought Clora Mae a year ago, and we're still in the honeymoon phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Oh what memories of us and our two daughters enjoying each other as much as what we were experiencing.
Aand the best part, is when they have such good memories that they want to take their own kids camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
At least it's a good movie to blame the confusion on! Also love his Jesse Stone series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sue, what pole are you talking about?

Anyone see a pole?
NICE JOB, Wayne! Hey you wanna carve about 20 pounds off my photos too?! Hahahahah.

Quote:
Lets hope it’s multiple choice. And my answer is C [emoji16]
Welcome welcome! They'll tell ya, its an easy test. If I passed it, anyone can!

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #75822

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Welcome welcome! They'll tell ya, its an easy test. If I passed it, anyone can! Charlene
I don't know how to tell you this but the rumor on the street claims you didn't pass; the examiner was just having a really lax day.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #75823

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I don't know how to tell you this but the rumor on the street claims you didn't pass; the examiner was just having a really lax day.
Some call it cheating. I still call it a win! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180510-103118.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	202164
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #75824

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pftttttt
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote