RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #76133

Charlene, I hoped you would ask. Tim made one that is unforgettable, or maybe forgettable.
Tim, can you show Charlene a pic?

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #76134

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Charlene, I hoped you would ask. Tim made one that is unforgettable, or maybe forgettable.
Tim, can you show Charlene a pic?
Can't do it Dave, I can't post pictures on this media! Something about they want money where other media dosn't!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:48 AM   #76135

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey all you boat entusiest I'm thinking of going by and checking out a boat in KY on my way up to the UMGC. We might can take a cruise while at the GC but I'll need some orsmen cause it has no motor. With a good wind we can see a lot, plenty of room and we can sail for 40 days if we desire. Handicap accessible but you'll have to load two by two.

Yep, seems Noah's Ark was found in Kentucky!

Anyone been to tour it?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #76136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Can't do it Dave, I can't post pictures on this media! Something about they want money where other media dosn't!
Oh darn! Though I do like walking through a park and seeing all the personalized flags and signs and such that people put out at their sites. I know it takes time to put all those things out but it does make a cozy atmosphere.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:06 AM   #76137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Oh darn! Though I do like walking through a park and seeing all the personalized flags and signs and such that people put out at their sites. I know it takes time to put all those things out but it does make a cozy atmosphere.
At our first GC I displayed a RVM#32 that completely filled the MH windshield made of wood and rope lights. Some Texans had some smaller signs, about the size of postage stamps, with their info on it! Then the second GC many decorated their dash in various ways, mine reflected my activities at that time, a barb wire fence along with deer heads (skulls and horns). Sue has streamers and decorations, might add, she didn't have cats then.

The banner Dave speaks of is seen on here often as many of the mutants have had their picture taken in front of it. It's simply was an old banner that I painted on the back side Welcome RV Mutants and is usually displayed at all the GC's that I attend. It looks like a 5yo painted it, I almost didn't bring it to the first GC cause it looked so bad but has become a true sign of a mutant.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:12 AM   #76138

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
At our first GC I displayed a RVM#32 that completely filled the MH windshield made of wood and rope lights. Some Texans had some smaller signs, about the size of postage stamps, with their info on it! Then the second GC many decorated their dash in various ways, mine reflected my activities at that time, a barb wire fence along with deer heads (skulls and horns). Sue has streamers and decorations, might add, she didn't have cats then.

The banner Dave speaks of is seen on here often as many of the mutants have had their picture taken in front of it. It's simply was an old banner that I painted on the back side Welcome RV Mutants and is usually displayed at all the GC's that I attend. It looks like a 5yo painted it, I almost didn't bring it to the first GC cause it looked so bad but has become a true sign of a mutant.
OH okay I have seen that one! The welcome mutants one. It looks perfectly mutated to me!

Decorating the dash, an interesting idea! However we are using the outdoor shade on the windshield so no dash decorating. Unless you count my copilot....

CharleneClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180419_121030.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	205173
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #76139
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Have fun. We are headed to Austin this weekend (sans RV) for our oldest grandson's high school graduation! I can't believe he's all grown up already.
We go tonight to GD's graduation ceremony.

The unfortunate part is that as they grow older, so do we, but I don't like the alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wet here is the word... today is the first day in Florida without rain, but weekend looks clear... son has brought his travel trailer and set up across from us, they will be here after work tomorrow.... looking forward to the three kiddos going back and forth.... ages 4,6, and 8 years....

Attachment 205141
Now Di and Larry, you keep the nice good cool weather up front 'cause we're a comin'.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #76140

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Tim. Maybe post it on the RVM email?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #76141

Quote:
OH okay I have seen that one! The welcome mutants one. It looks perfectly mutated to me!

Decorating the dash, an interesting idea! However we are using the outdoor shade on the windshield so no dash decorating. Unless you count my copilot....

CharleneAttachment 205173
It's hard to read, but is Captain Kirk your copilot? Wow, you rate, girl!

Many of us older, err, more senior mutants have mascots. Some of them, like Rocky, were pre-RVM, while others, like our ChocoMoose, were bestowed at various GCs, appearing from #1's Opening of the Kimono.

We love stories, ya know. If you tell us about your noddyhead, maybe others will chime in with their mascot stories. How's about it, folks?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #76142

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
It's hard to read, but is Captain Kirk your copilot? Wow, you rate, girl!

Many of us older, err, more senior mutants have mascots. Some of them, like Rocky, were pre-RVM, while others, like our ChocoMoose, were bestowed at various GCs, appearing from #1's Opening of the Kimono.

We love stories, ya know. If you tell us about your noddyhead, maybe others will chime in with their mascot stories. How's about it, folks?
Oh I'd love to hear mascot stories! Here's mine:

I'm a Trekkie, have 2 STOS dresses (one I sewed myself), a communicator, and Academy ring. I played a doctor in a Star Trek themed, text-based MMORPG. Saw Kirk in person at a Marriott's Great America once, probably 20 years ago. TNG is my favorite Trek series, and Insurrection my favorite Trek movie (because I couldn't take my eyes off Donna Murphy - she was so beautiful), plus I liked the premise, that the Prime Directive had its flaws.

That bobble head Kirk was a Christmas gift about 5 years ago. All my grandkids have played with him - he's so popular with them that I've had to glue him back together more than once. He used to say something, but I can't remember what it was. Might've just been a pew pew pew sound from the phaser.

Normally he sits on top of my fridge, but when we were taking our first trip this year, I grabbed him and set him on the dash of Clora Mae. He seems very happy to keep guard over his new crew and "wessel", as Chekov used to say.

Charlene
Old 06-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #76143

Charlene, some of us decorate the dash for the indoors anyway. Nola has a steering wheel table & lamp that goes with the dashboard decs. It's very pretty. Me, I'm not nearly so good at it: my mascots all sit (carefully) piled up in a heap.

Choco is in the middle behind the Rockport, TX, yellow snake. The parrot came from the ME GC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_154436~2.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	205189
Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #76144

Quote:
Oh I'd love to hear mascot stories! Here's mine:

I'm a Trekkie, ....

That bobble head Kirk was a Christmas gift ....

.... He seems very happy to keep guard over his new crew and "wessel", as Chekov used to say.

Charlene
Love your story! A non-Trekkie might never understand, but there are plenty to keep you company. I tried to never miss an episode of the original series, but never made the transition to TNG.

I'm trying to find my pic of Choco rowing a boat next to the RV after a particularly heavy rain. (It's prolly on an older defunct phone, or maybe on a chip somewhere.) We've seen Rocky sitting quietly w/ friends, and Sparky having coffee, and... who else?
Old 06-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #76145

R U an RV Mutant too?

Oh my goodness, Charlene, you have yet to attend a Grand Curiosity!
There, I, the RV Mutant Great Grand Poobah, will conduct the Grand Opening Ceremony, and will bestow upon you the RV Mutant oath and other dark secrets from the Ancient RVM scrolls, written tens of months ago in Sanskrit and Cunioform upon sacred RVM fish wrapping.
It will be very lengthy and grueling, after which you will be bestowed with amazingly cheap trinkets!
Sue, did I forget anything?

Old 06-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #76146

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Charlene, some of us decorate the dash for the indoors anyway. Nola has a steering wheel table & lamp that goes with the dashboard decs. It's very pretty. Me, I'm not nearly so good at it: my mascots all sit (carefully) piled up in a heap.

Choco is in the middle behind the Rockport, TX, yellow snake. The parrot came from the ME GC.

Attachment 205189
Steering wheel table? Hmmmmmm! Makes me wonder if we could build something along those lines, which would guard the steering column and dashboard. Last camping trip, we had a hard time keeping the 2yo GS from honking the horn.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of dashboard/ mascot shenanigans!
Quote:
Love your story! A non-Trekkie might never understand, but there are plenty to keep you company. I tried to never miss an episode of the original series, but never made the transition to TNG.

I'm trying to find my pic of Choco rowing a boat next to the RV after a particularly heavy rain. (It's prolly on an older defunct phone, or maybe on a chip somewhere.) We've seen Rocky sitting quietly w/ friends, and Sparky having coffee, and... who else?
Oh, yes. If you aren't into Star Trek (or that *other* Star one), then the attraction seems really odd. I'm also a Babylon 5 fan, Poirot/Marple/Murder She Wrote fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh my goodness, Charlene, you have yet to attend a Grand Curiosity!
There, I, the RV Mutant Grand Poobah, will conduct the Grand Opening Ceremony, and will bestow upon you the RV Mutant oath and other dark secrets from the Ancient RVM scrolls, written tens of months ago in Sanskrit and Cunioform upon sacred RVM fish wrapping.
It will be very lengthy and grueling, after which you will be bestowed with amazingly cheap trinkets!
Okay, so that brings up us coming to the GC.

We've got a hole in the carburetor in Clora Mae, 8 year old tires, and still some worry about taking her long distances. So yesterday, Allen and I went on the Campground website, and saw that they had cabins at very reasonable rates. So what it looks like we may do, is drive up in the car and stay in a cabin for this GC. We are looking at coming up on Monday and leaving on Friday. That's about all the time we have with his vacation availability. But it would still get us there, and we would still be in the same Campground.