RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #76203
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
But Martin, does Tony have an RV? That you complete the small world theory.

I've heard the 2 best days in a boater's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. True?
No, he doesn't have an RV and, yes, I've heard that saying before. It could also apply to RVs and private airplanes. Our boat, though, never cost us much in maintenance - we just got too old for it.
__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #76204
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
It's been niggling at me that I also prefer the current graphic, because it reflects our history. However, it could be tweaked to reflect our current persona, if we decide to do that.

For example, the outer ring could become an all-inclusive rainbow; the infamous unicorn, cartoony & in tutu, could be posed on the edge like the lion rampant in heraldry; pot of gold balancing the design opposite the unicorn.

Put wheels under the outer rainbow ring to indicate travel? Too much, maybe, because there is already a road in the logo, but our RVs are so diverse, & could indicate exclusivity rather than inclusivity if we put in an image of one.

Am I overthinking this?
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #76205
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,392
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

I suggest 2 banners, one with the original, time honored logo, the other with the memorable times and shenanigans of RVMdom.
Flags either droop or wave in the wind. Tough to read.
Banners in the pavilion, to make us proud, serve as pic backgrounds, remind us of our values and escapades, and make onlookers wonder!
IMHO
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #76206
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I suggest 2 banners, one with the original, time honored logo, the other with the memorable times and shenanigans of RVMdom.
Flags either droop or wave in the wind. Tough to read.
Banners in the pavilion, to make us proud, serve as pic backgrounds, remind us of our values and escapades, and make onlookers wonder!
IMHO
Another option for those wanting to "Fly our logo/banner/flag" is a front license plate or window decal. I used the decal that Di past out at, I think, the first GC for years stuck to a plate on my MH till the weather and road grime took its toll.

Dang, there I go being serious again and without warning.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #76207
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,941
I've been thinking,
Since Charlene and Allen will be in a cabin at the MiGC, AND she likes the idea of decorating the windshields, And we want to make them feel comfortable with the rest of us.

I suggest Charlene you decorate the front window of your cabin. Might I suggest a sorted array of Red Lights.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #76208
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I've been thinking,
Since Charlene and Allen will be in a cabin at the MiGC, AND she likes the idea of decorating the windshields, And we want to make them feel comfortable with the rest of us.

I suggest Charlene you decorate the front window of your cabin. Might I suggest a sorted array of Red Lights.
When Tim gets serious, we really must take him seriously ... it happens so seldom. Like now, when he suggests all those red lights, right?! Put googly eyes on them.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #76209
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
^^^ re: banners

There could be a Mr. Malone there somewhere too. Now there be some memorable moments!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #76210
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
It's been niggling at me that I also prefer the current graphic, because it reflects our history. However, it could be tweaked to reflect our current persona, if we decide to do that.

For example, the outer ring could become an all-inclusive rainbow; the infamous unicorn, cartoony & in tutu, could be posed on the edge like the lion rampant in heraldry; pot of gold balancing the design opposite the unicorn.

Put wheels under the outer rainbow ring to indicate travel? Too much, maybe, because there is already a road in the logo, but our RVs are so diverse, & could indicate exclusivity rather than inclusivity if we put in an image of one.

Am I overthinking this?
How's about you show us instead of tell us? We'll all have a say in the ultimate outcome before they get printed. Anyone can submit an entry. I just wish I could draw a decent straight line.

BTW, one version of the original design is in my avatar. The other is in someone else's avatar.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" Ď11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #76211
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,820
Too much is hard to see.
Writing on flags is not cool because the back side of the flag just shows gibberish, kinda like Wayne posts normally, so we don't want that do we?
The KISS principle is the best possibility. (att'n Wayne this is not a kiss and tell moment) I think the OP designed the first rainbow Mutant flagg and it could be incorporated into a commemorative something. Tim's welcome banner is as good as it gets, just ask Jack or Helen.
__________________
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #76212
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 559
Hey, lookey, lookey, see what Sue and I get to ride on to London and back in October. An Airbus 380.
It seems BA has consolidated the two evening 777 flights out of Chicago, into one in this great beluga whale of a ship. BA configuration is 469 in four classes on two decks. We are booked into a twin seat at the front of coach on the upper deck. Great to see the 380 has 4 RR engines - I always felt a little nervous flying over the Atlantic with just 2.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #76213
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hey, lookey, lookey, see what Sue and I get to ride on to London and back in October. An Airbus 380.
It seems BA has consolidated the two evening 777 flights out of Chicago, into one in this great beluga whale of a ship. BA configuration is 469 in four classes on two decks. We are booked into a twin seat at the front of coach on the upper deck. Great to see the 380 has 4 RR engines - I always felt a little nervous flying over the Atlantic with just 2.
Looks like this is a fly-by-wire setup.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #76214
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
How's about you show us instead of tell us? We'll all have a say in the ultimate outcome before they get printed. Anyone can submit an entry. I just wish I could draw a decent straight line.

BTW, one version of the original design is in my avatar. The other is in someone else's avatar.
I was just thinking I should at least attempt a sample, Barb. RU reading my mind or am I reading yours? 🤔 I'll give it a go & get back to you. ✍

And, btw, who needs straight lines, anyway? Rainbows, roads, random acts of mutation ... ? 🤗 Straight lines are boring unless you're an architect or an engineer, imo.

Cheers!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #76215
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Too much is hard to see.
Writing on flags is not cool because the back side of the flag just shows gibberish, kinda like Wayne posts normally, so we don't want that do we?
The KISS principle is the best possibility. (att'n Wayne this is not a kiss and tell moment) I think the OP designed the first rainbow Mutant flagg and it could be incorporated into a commemorative something. Tim's welcome banner is as good as it gets, just ask Jack or Helen.
Good points, Moose. Tim's banner should stay, certainly, and I believe we should keep the original logo in some form.

If we're designing a banner, that's one thing, but what we're after here (I think) is a small flag each rig could display. KISS is especially good, in that case.

I seem to have gone haring off down the path of a banner instead. 😲 Back to square one! 🙄

Cheers!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #76216
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Looks like this is a fly-by-wire setup.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
bokobird
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.