RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #76287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sounds like fun to me....

X2 Sounds like fun.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #76288

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
So I was wondering... would anyone like to have a disc golf clinic at the GC? We provide all the equipment, and teach the rudiments of disc golf, and explain why its a good sport for seniors.
Can I drive the golf cart, when I golfed that was the most enjoyable part for me, got lots of Off Roading experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Do you hit the discs with woods or irons?
Me and Dave will make a team, anyone for a foursome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
X2 Sounds like fun.
[COLOR="red"]Steve I keep a disk our two in my MH, not to play, but to eat off of! [/

Charlene count me in, I'll look good in my golfing knickers.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #76289

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds like you guys would like a disc golf primer, then. Awesome. We will bring that stuff with us.

Dave, I like the prizes idea. Lets do a CTP (closest to pin) prize for tossing the disk into the basket while wearing googly eye glasses. Whoever is closest wins.

Tim, you can drive the golf cart... if you bring it. Then you and Dave can team up for 3 legged disc golf. Knickers are mandatory.

Had such a fun evening tonight with Sue and Martin. Wide range of discussion topics, good Italian food, [almost all of which was eaten before we remembered to take a photo, so here's the bread]. Sue brought a fun surprise for my grands. Good time had by all.

CharleneClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180608_202600.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	206343Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180608_203933.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	206344
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #76290

Quote:
Sounds like you guys would like a disc golf primer, then. Awesome. We will bring that stuff with us.

Dave, I like the prizes idea. Lets do a CTP (closest to pin) prize for tossing the disk into the basket while wearing googly eye glasses. Whoever is closest wins.

Tim, you can drive the golf cart... if you bring it. Then you and Dave can team up for 3 legged disc golf. Knickers are mandatory.

Had such a fun evening tonight with Sue and Martin. Wide range of discussion topics, good Italian food, [almost all of which was eaten before we remembered to take a photo, so here's the bread]. Sue brought a fun surprise for my grands. Good time had by all.

CharleneAttachment 206343Attachment 206344
I couldn't say it better! It was a mini-c, but grand fun. Thanks for posting the pics, Charlene, but couldn't you have posted the ones that showed Martin's & my true, skinny, svelte shapes instead? Sheesh!

BTW, we tried to warn them about the rest of ya'll, but I'm not sure they got it.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #76291

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Camping with the grands is good practice for being at a GC. Lots of similarities.

Did we just get called " Grandkid Like " ????

Not sure the Grands would appreciate this & I consider it a COMPLIMENT..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #76292

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

CharleneAttachment 206343Attachment 206344

Well, Mutants, I believe Charlene has been Mutating unassisted for a very long time!
Every RVM brings a unique Mutantity to our gatherings. And we Mutate through the entire event.
I have a few NEW things in mind. Hope I donít forget them!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:08 AM   #76293

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Did we just get called " Grandkid Like " ????

Not sure the Grands would appreciate this & I consider it a COMPLIMENT..
Well look who's posting. I've been trying to coax a post out of you for weeks now and all I would of had to do was call you grand kid like!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:11 AM   #76294

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well look who's posting. I've been trying to coax a post out of you for weeks now and all I would of had to do was call you grand kid like!

Congratulations on your success, Tim!
Just remember that Royals observe from a distance, and pounce with few words. But looking down on us from their lofty perch is a lonely life.
Richard, up in Bah Hawbah you had entirely too much to say!
Howdy to Queen.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #76295

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning, Muties! I'm still at the CG, listening to rain patter on Clora Mae's roof [either that, or a giant squirrel GC is going on, up there!]

Sue, we can blame the pics on the cute little girls at the restaurant. They insisted on taking photos that also made Allen look old and gray, when in fact he's only 32. Silly children.

Indeed, you put forth valiant effort to warn us. But no way you could've dissuaded me, even with stories about Tim. Hey... maybe you should warn the rest of the mutants about US!

It was a delight to spend time with you and Martin. [Hi Martin!] Our mini-c only served to persuade me even more to go to the FEUMGC.

I was so surprised to learn that RVM-dom is only five years old, given nearly 8,000 pages of posts. We are a chatty bunch! Just the way I like it. Well, long may we wave our [soon to become reality] mutant CG flags!

Richard, I'd think all our grandkids and great-grandkids would be honored consider it a compliment. If grandma and grandpa can't spoil you into future mutant-hood, who can?!?

Dave, new ideas, oh dear. You and Da Mooze having ideas makes me worry. What's that old Abbott and Costello phrase, "what have you gotten us into this time?"

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:52 AM   #76296

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Congratulations on your success, Tim!
Just remember that Royals observe from a distance, and pounce with few words. But looking down on us from their lofty perch is a lonely life.
Richard, up in Bah Hawbah you had entirely too much to say!
Howdy to Queen.
I don't mean to act aloof, just been riding my 4 wheeler a lot...

Oh, my fancy 4 wheeler is also a mower...

I have wanted to post more, but many of you have left me speechless...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #76297

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just in case you mutants didn't know how sneaky Mary is!

Mary has been telling me WE (meaning me) need to put out mulch around the house. So we have 2 of the grands staying with us a few days and GS says granpa are we going to put out mulch today! I do believe Mary's been talking to the boy!

Now all I have to do is turn that into an all day event!
Old 06-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #76298

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Well, Mutants, I believe Charlene has been Mutating unassisted for a very long time!
Every RVM brings a unique Mutantity to our gatherings. And we Mutate through the entire event.
Fergit what???
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #76299

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just in case you mutants didn't know how sneaky Mary is!

Mary has been telling me WE (meaning me) need to put out mulch around the house. So we have 2 of the grands staying with us a few days and GS says granpa are we going to put out mulch today! I do believe Mary's been talking to the boy!

Now all I have to do is turn that into an all day event!
Use very small shovels, don't laugh it works.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #76300

Quote:
As for Charlene the Pre-Mutated One: All I need say is "Oh, Yeah!" (Or is that Marinated?)

As for NEW things in mind: Write 'em down, good buddy! And then tell Nola where you put the paper.

I almost literally stumbled upon a funky ball with little suction cups all over it in the Dollar Store recently. It looked like the basis for a mutant game to me, so I bought 3 of them. Now for a proper target, and prizes, eh?Click image for larger version

Name:	1528227158928.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	206418