RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #76301
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Morning, Muties! I'm still at the CG, listening to rain patter on Clora Mae's roof [either that, or a giant squirrel GC is going on, up there!]

Sue, we can blame the pics on the cute little girls at the restaurant. They insisted on taking photos that also made Allen look old and gray, when in fact he's only 32. Silly children.

Indeed, you put forth valiant effort to warn us. But no way you could've dissuaded me, even with stories about Tim. Hey... maybe you should warn the rest of the mutants about US!

It was a delight to spend time with you and Martin. [Hi Martin!] Our mini-c only served to persuade me even more to go to the FEUMGC.

I was so surprised to learn that RVM-dom is only five years old, given nearly 8,000 pages of posts. We are a chatty bunch! Just the way I like it. Well, long may we wave our [soon to become reality] mutant CG flags!

Richard, I'd think all our grandkids and great-grandkids would be honored consider it a compliment. If grandma and grandpa can't spoil you into future mutant-hood, who can?!?

Dave, new ideas, oh dear. You and Da Mooze having ideas makes me worry. What's that old Abbott and Costello phrase, "what have you gotten us into this time?"

Charlene
Charlene,

You are right to worry! With those 2 planning a surprise you should be afraid! VERY AFRAID!!!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #76302

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
As for Charlene the Pre-Mutated One: All I need say is "Oh, Yeah!" (Or is that Marinated?)
Well, luv, I try not to get marinated; having grown up with two alcoholic dads, I try not to put myself in danger of repeating those behavior patterns, so I'm a tee-totaler, but I don't mind others drinking, at all [unless they're grumpy drunks, then that's no fun].

The funky balls! There's gotta be an awesome mutation game to go with those!
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Charlene, you are right to worry! With those 2 planning a surprise you should be afraid! VERY AFRAID!!!
Ohhhhh honey. I am, I am. But I'm up for a surprise, too. So bring it on, muties! I'd love to have a GC where lots of activities are offered, and everyone can partake, or stay indoors and watch tv, whatever their preference. And of course anyone can come hang out at our cabin, too! 17 weeks and counting. Seems too far away. "RV there yet???"

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #76303

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Camping with the grands is good practice for being at a GC. Lots of similarities.
You thinking of Wayne and Tim when you say that?
Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #76304

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh, hey before I forget: Skittle Poker! That's what we always played when we camp with our kids. Skittles candy instead of money.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #76305

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Use very small shovels, don't laugh it works.
[COLOR=Sounds like you speak from experience! [/COLOR]

Quote:
As for Charlene the Pre-Mutated One: All I need say is "Oh, Yeah!" (Or is that Marinated?)

As for NEW things in mind: Write 'em down, good buddy! And then tell Nola where you put the paper.

I almost literally stumbled upon a funky ball with little suction cups all over it in the Dollar Store recently. It looked like the basis for a mutant game to me, so I bought 3 of them. Now for a proper target, and prizes, eh?Attachment 206418
Sue if this game involves throwing things at somebody I can roundup more cowchips and horse apples. With Wayne and Dennis there there will be professional s::; slingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Ok, who left the door open? Look who's snuck in! Hey Don and Sandy, good to hear from youse two.

Quote:
Oh, hey before I forget: Skittle Poker! That's what we always played when we camp with our kids. Skittles candy instead of money.
I tryed that once but I kept going broke, even before the cards were dealt!
Old 06-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #76306

Campground Workcamping

I arrived here in February. (Upstate NY, in the Adirondacks.) Very dead of winter. An enormous amount of snow that kept on coming. Nice cabin with all the amenities. Great people to "work" for. I work an average of an hour a day, in exchange for my living quarters, electric, and water. In the middle of it all, the campground was sold. Old owners have a new-old dwelling further back in the camp now. I helped them move in and bring a lot of stuff to the dump. I removed tons of snow from camp roofs, with unwieldy snow rakes. Things were kind of "up-in-the-air" for a bit, me being uncertain of my future in the camp, due to the new ownership, and the shyness of the new owners, and waiting for them to make some decisions. It resulted in me reporting to them what I was doing, why, and what further could be expected of me. I had met them once in late February, and I had given them my phone number. They are in the process of selling their house in town, and down-sizing their employment, while preparing to build a house in the camp, and trying to get the former owners to move all their crap, so that they can store their crap. lol. The new owners are very nice folks too. I realized that they had not thought too much of what I could do, or might be doing for them, as when I queried what I might do to help, they pretty much looked at me like I am from Mars. Today, while I was doing some maintenance and security work, (adding a lock and hasp to the dead-bolt door, since the key is missing, and we have unfortunately had to ramp up security in the camp due to recent break-ins,) he approached me with him and his wife's phone numbers, and we chatted amiably for quite some time. I gave him a short list of needed supplies, explained what I planned to do, and what I might need to achieve those ends, and he promised to deliver. I ran into him later, up at the (unattended) office, while he was dropping off supplies. He expressed sincerely his appreciation. That felt very good, and I once again feel secure in my nice camp in the woods. A little perspective: It was essentially an abandoned campground, quite primitive. the former owners purchased it 32 years ago, and made lots of improvements. It is about 55 acres, with lots of meandering trails and a fabulous trout stream. There are about 5 full-time campers, (year-round,) and about a dozen or so seasonal sites, licensed for 45 improved sites, and about ten tent sites. Some of the camps have water, sewer and electric, (seasonally,) and some use the hose, spigot, and outhouse. There is a lot more to tell, but I will end this book here. They have several full hook-up sites available. Huge (HUGE) 5th wheels have come in for weekends, so I am guessing a class A or two would fit fine too. Tomorrow, I am replacing a kitchen faucet, and replacing the sink stopper compound. (FLEX)
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #76307

Quote:
Well, luv, I try not to get marinated; having grown up with two alcoholic dads, I try not to put myself in danger of repeating those behavior patterns, so I'm a tee-totaler, but I don't mind others drinking, at all [unless they're grumpy drunks, then that's no fun].

The funky balls! There's gotta be an awesome mutation game to go with those!
Ohhhhh honey. I am, I am. But I'm up for a surprise, too. So bring it on, muties! I'd love to have a GC where lots of activities are offered, and everyone can partake, or stay indoors and watch tv, whatever their preference. And of course anyone can come hang out at our cabin, too! 17 weeks and counting. Seems too far away. "RV there yet???"

Charlene
Ooh, Charlene! Martin & I were both married to those on the sauce, so I'm right there with you on those sentiments. No, I had in mind more of a foodie marinade, but in a mutantizing sense. Make any sense?

Hangin out at your cabin sounds like an invitation to be snapped up, especially with your "windshield" decorations. Consider the invitation accepted. And reciprocated, natch!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #76308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
I arrived here in February. (Upstate NY, in the Adirondacks.) Very dead of winter. An enormous amount of snow that kept on coming. Nice cabin with all the amenities. Great people to "work" for. I work an average of an hour a day, in exchange for my living quarters, electric, and water. In the middle of it all, the campground was sold. Old owners have a new-old dwelling further back in the camp now. I helped them move in and bring a lot of stuff to the dump. I removed tons of snow from camp roofs, with unwieldy snow rakes. Things were kind of "up-in-the-air" for a bit, me being uncertain of my future in the camp, due to the new ownership, and the shyness of the new owners, and waiting for them to make some decisions. It resulted in me reporting to them what I was doing, why, and what further could be expected of me. I had met them once in late February, and I had given them my phone number. They are in the process of selling their house in town, and down-sizing their employment, while preparing to build a house in the camp, and trying to get the former owners to move all their crap, so that they can store their crap. lol. The new owners are very nice folks too. I realized that they had not thought too much of what I could do, or might be doing for them, as when I queried what I might do to help, they pretty much looked at me like I am from Mars. Today, while I was doing some maintenance and security work, (adding a lock and hasp to the dead-bolt door, since the key is missing, and we have unfortunately had to ramp up security in the camp due to recent break-ins,) he approached me with him and his wife's phone numbers, and we chatted amiably for quite some time. I gave him a short list of needed supplies, explained what I planned to do, and what I might need to achieve those ends, and he promised to deliver. I ran into him later, up at the (unattended) office, while he was dropping off supplies. He expressed sincerely his appreciation. That felt very good, and I once again feel secure in my nice camp in the woods. A little perspective: It was essentially an abandoned campground, quite primitive. the former owners purchased it 32 years ago, and made lots of improvements. It is about 55 acres, with lots of meandering trails and a fabulous trout stream. There are about 5 full-time campers, (year-round,) and about a dozen or so seasonal sites, licensed for 45 improved sites, and about ten tent sites. Some of the camps have water, sewer and electric, (seasonally,) and some use the hose, spigot, and outhouse. There is a lot more to tell, but I will end this book here. They have several full hook-up sites available. Huge (HUGE) 5th wheels have come in for weekends, so I am guessing a class A or two would fit fine too. Tomorrow, I am replacing a kitchen faucet, and replacing the sink stopper compound. (FLEX)

Beverly, Im thinking the new owners will appreciate the value you bring.
Bruth

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #76309

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds like you've fallen into management position! Good luck!
Oh and don't sweat the length of your post but do add breaks throughout them for us slow readers that have to stop and take bathroom breaks.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #76310

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3206.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	206515

Name:	IMG_3208.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	206516

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	206517

my birthday, my whipped cream.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #76311

Quote:
It's a fascinating story, & impressive in the skills you bring to the job. Sounds like a win-win for all involved.

Your description of the place makes me wish our wheels turned more in the summer, & that I had learned to fly fish properly!

Is a GC ever in your future planning?
Old 06-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #76312
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Shhh! They have a different idea of what's actually true.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #76313
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

As for NEW things in mind: Write 'em down, good buddy! And then tell Nola where you put the paper.

I almost literally stumbled upon a funky ball with little suction cups all over it in the Dollar Store recently. It looked like the basis for a mutant game to me, so I bought 3 of them. Now for a proper target, and prizes, eh?Attachment 206418

Dave's head, or/and Tim can shave his.

Quote:

Hey stranger, where are you two.

Quote:
I arrived here in February. (Upstate NY, in the Adirondacks.)

Hi Beverly, sounds like you have it all set.

Where in the Adirondacks? My father was born in Tupper Lake. I still have a few shirt tale relatives up in that area.

Quote:
Shhh! They have a different idea of what's actually true.

Maybe for Tim, but not me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #76314

Spartan Chassis
Bon Voyagee Earlene.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote