RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2018, 07:02 AM   #76581

Vintage RV Owners Club
Been housesitting , ya'll are hard to keep up with...Omms for Dale today!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2018, 07:24 AM   #76582
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Methinks Larry has you beat.....
I don't want that, he can keep it and I'll say he beat me. Not in public though.

p.s. It was so great seeing you both again last week. Happy you made it home ad safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
From where I'm sittin' and judging from what I've observed, I think Larry and Wayne should consider themselves lucky. Having such wonderful, caring, and pampering wives is a pure blessing. Good job Earlene and Di.
Shhh! Even though you are right we try and keep it a secret so they try harderl

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
You had a broken metal what???
Joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Oh don't worry. He has it down pat. He reads the pages here too. He just doesn't post.
Way to go Dale. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Now why would you ride a motorcycle, especially if it had a broken collarbone?
SA**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Our 'land line' comes through our computer...wondering now if we can find a program that's similar.
How did you get the wire through the computer?

I gave up AT&T 5 years ago and got a Magic Jack. Saved $70 a month by dropping AT&T. Magic Jack was/is about $19 a year. I have it plugged into the router so I can turn the computer off. Or, there is a power failure the router comes back on but the computer may not.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #76583

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wayne, we use Voipo.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #76584
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The girls and I picked up our new refrigerator today from a marine supply in Seattle.

Nova Kool RFU9000 9.1 CU FT DC Only Two Door Refrigerator & Freezer

It works like a residential unit but runs on 12 volt DC current. It fits the same space as my 6 cu ft Dometic but holds 9.1 cubic ft. I can’t wait to get it installed. Any of you he men want to volunteer to help? I better get that extra solar panel connected first.

So much to do, so little energy. <sigh>
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #76585

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Left, In with the "new"

Right, Out with the "old"

She did us pretty darn good and I hope the next owner (whom ever that is) enjoys their time with it. We are looking forward to the new features and the open floor plan.

Lots of new toys to learn. We have moved a fair amount of stuff over today but there is a lot more to do and figuring out where to put it. Sandee is doing a great job organizing things. We had a lot of help from one of the employee's kids to do a lot of the lifting since I'm still a cripple.

Rain shortened things today so tomorrow we hope it clears out as we start round 2. It's still quite the adventure!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIDE BY SIDE.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	208593  
Old 06-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #76586

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The girls and I picked up our new refrigerator today from a marine supply in Seattle.

It works like a residential unit but runs on 12 volt DC current. It fits the same space as my 6 cu ft Dometic but holds 9.1 cubic ft. I canít wait to get it installed. Any of you he men want to volunteer to help? I better get that extra solar panel connected first.

So much to do, so little energy.
That sounds fantastic, Barb! I couldn't get the link to work (yet) but will take your word. You'll think you've got a Tardis there!

Cheers! Here's to cold beer & salami!

Ah, I got it this time. It does look good, complete w/ low power protection. Good choice! And I see you bought them out, too!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #76587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Left, In with the "new"

She did us pretty darn good and I hope the next owner (whom ever that is) enjoys their time with it. We are looking forward to the new features and the open floor plan.

Lots of new toys to learn. We have moved a fair amount of stuff over today but there is a lot more to do and figuring out where to put it. Sandee is doing a great job organizing things. We had a lot of help from one of the employee's kids to do a lot of the lifting since I'm still a cripple.

Rain shortened things today so tomorrow we hope it clears out as we start round 2. It's still quite the adventure!
Wowee! You'll be running w/ the biiig boyz now! You have the low clearance warning app, I presume?

What a beauty she is and how much fun you're going to have getting used to her & her ways. Be careful you don't get lost in there. Maybe an intercom system would be helpful.

Congratulations!

Hey, are we going to see you at D&W soon? Martin has requested the 50 cent tour.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #76588

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wowee! You'll be running w/ the biiig boyz now! You have the low clearance warning app, I presume?

What a beauty she is and how much fun you're going to have getting used to her & her ways. Be careful you don't get lost in there. Maybe an intercom system would be helpful.

Congratulations!

Hey, are we going to see you at D&W soon? Martin has requested the 50 cent tour.
THANKS! You and Martin are welcome for the $.50 tour and we won't charge you more than a dime.

We will be back by Monday. We are spending a tonight and tomorrow night in the dealer's lot and then a couple nights in a local CG. We are giving us an option to come back Monday if we find something else needs fixing but they have done a great job prepping the coach.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #76589
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

It works like a residential unit but runs on 12 volt DC current. It fits the same space as my 6 cu ft Dometic but holds 9.1 cubic ft. I can’t wait to get it installed. Any of you he men want to volunteer to help? I better get that extra solar panel connected first.

So much to do, so little energy. <sigh>
I'll be interested in your review of this, Barb. So it has a single mode (12VDC)? You'll enjoy the additional space for sure.

ETA--I just noticed that the vents are on the front of the unit. So will you be covering the vents in your RV when installing?
Old 06-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #76590
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Left, In with the "new"

Looks great, Don and Sandee. Congrats! And we are going to need inside pics when you get moved in.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #76591
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
That sounds fantastic, Barb! I couldn't get the link to work (yet) but will take your word. You'll think you've got a Tardis there!

Cheers! Here's to cold beer & salami!

Ah, I got it this time. It does look good, complete w/ low power protection. Good choice! And I see you bought them out, too!
Tardis?

Actually they only stock the AC/DC model, but I didnít see the point of paying more for having dual power. If I am plugged in then the converter provides plenty of DC power. We boondock most of the time and the solar panels keep the batteries charged. I had the 5 weeks to wait so why not save $?

I got more good news today! The medial nerve block trial for my back pain has been approved. I have to successfully complete 2 trials a week apart and then they'll use radio frequency ablation to nuke the nerves in the facets that are causing my pain. My first appointment is July 5th. Hopefully by August I'll be less grumpy.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #76592
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'll be interested in your review of this, Barb. So it has a single mode (12VDC)? You'll enjoy the additional space for sure.

ETA--I just noticed that the vents are on the front of the unit. So will you be covering the vents in your RV when installing?
I plan to cover and seal the outside access door, but I might keep the roof vent if there is a way to redirect some of the heat that exits at the front. I really havenít gotten that figured out yet. I'm trading emails with a guy who has installed one in his RV. I will insulate the cabinet as well as possible, for sure!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #76593

Quote:
Tardis?

Actually they only stock the AC/DC model, but I didnít see the point of paying more for having dual power. If I am plugged in then the converter provides plenty of DC power. We boondock most of the time and the solar panels keep the batteries charged. I had the 5 weeks to wait so why not save $?

I got more good news today! The medial nerve block trial for my back pain has been approved. I have to successfully complete 2 trials a week apart and then they'll use radio frequency ablation to nuke the nerves in the facets that are causing my pain. My first appointment is July 5th. Hopefully by August I'll be less grumpy.

(You aren't a Dr. Who fan, then?) Tardis: bigger on the inside than on the outside. So much more space than you are used to; what ... half again as much? I predict you will love it.

Oh joy fer jumpin joy, progress toward a pain solution! Come on 5 July! I hope it proves effective for you.

Grumpy? Who said anything about grumpy? You hide it well, m'dear!

Cheers & ommms!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #76594
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I plan to cover and seal the outside access door, but I might keep the roof vent if there is a way to redirect some of the heat that exits at the front. I really havenít gotten that figured out yet. I'm trading emails with a guy who has installed one in his RV. I will insulate the cabinet as well as possible, for sure!
I was wondering if there would be a lot of heat exhausted into the RV or if it will be similar to a regular residential fridge. Hope it works well for you.

Also glad to hear about the treatment for your back pain; I hope that will help you to feel better.