RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #76693
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Great news on your MIL, Charlene! Ohmmms continue from here.
x2!!
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #76694
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,978
Has anyone replaced or reupholstered their captain's chairs? We are victims of the dreaded "fake ultraleather" that is beginning to fail. So bids from upholsterer are almost as much as buying brand new FlexSteel driver/copilot seats. Since we also planned to buy tires this fall, we are spending all our travel money. (But we will be stylin' in the driveway!!)

So if you had to choose, would you (or did you) go with new seats or reupholstering the old ones?
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #76695
RVM #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,795
Sarah, you have a Newmar correct? Can't remember, is it a 2015? The reason I ask is, Newmar had a problem with the whole year's worth of Ultra Leather, especially the piping flaking off.

In other threads I saw where Newmar stepped up and replaced the upholstry. A trip to Nappanee may be in order for this.

For the best answer to this, I'd call Newmar and see what they say. They very well may take care of you if your coach is in that date range.

Best luck!
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #76696
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Sarah, you have a Newmar correct? Can't remember, is it a 2015? The reason I ask is, Newmar had a problem with the whole year's worth of Ultra Leather, especially the piping flaking off.

In other threads I saw where Newmar stepped up and replaced the upholstry. A trip to Nappanee may be in order for this.

For the best answer to this, I'd call Newmar and see what they say. They very well may take care of you if your coach is in that date range.

Best luck!
Close!! It's a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder!! But I sincerely appreciate your response. I have searched the forum and found this issue across ALL the product manufacturers. We are lucky that we got 6 years before ours started bubbling, so I'm sure Fleetwood and FlexSteel would tell us to pound sand.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #76697
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,822
I wonder if you would be comfortable with replacement seats from auto wreckers? I believe it was Dwayne who posted a place from the midwest that specializes in RV parts. May be worth a look if you can fin the post.
__________________
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #76698
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,565
Mini-C maybe Maxi-C in Covington, IN

Several mutants are meeting for lunch at the Beef House in Covington, IN on Thursday, July 5th at Noon (eastern time). All mutants are welcome to attend this gathering. The Beef House is one of my favorites and it's an hour and a half from home.

Address: The Beef House Restaurant 16501 N. State Road 63, Covington, IN. That's at the junction of Interstate 74 and State Road 63.

No reservations needed. Just show up at NOON (that's eastern time Sue)
__________________
2018 Coleman T T
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #76699
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Close!! It's a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder!! But I sincerely appreciate your response. I have searched the forum and found this issue across ALL the product manufacturers. We are lucky that we got 6 years before ours started bubbling, so I'm sure Fleetwood and FlexSteel would tell us to pound sand.
We have 2 recliners that are original and flaking. I'm not sure why the previous owner didn't get them re-covered along with the 2 captain chairs and the replaced couch that was taken care of. OH WELL!

We are at the Newmar factory and gonna grovel to see if they won't take care of these too. LOL
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 2015 DSDP 4320 4369, FL Chassis, 2013 CR-V 2020 Jeep Overland, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #76700
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Several mutants are meeting for lunch at the Beef House in Covington, IN on Thursday, July 5th at Noon (eastern time). ...
See you then!
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 2015 DSDP 4320 4369, FL Chassis, 2013 CR-V 2020 Jeep Overland, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #76701
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
I wonder if you would be comfortable with replacement seats from auto wreckers? I believe it was Dwayne who posted a place from the midwest that specializes in RV parts. May be worth a look if you can fin the post.
Thanks, Dennis. I think we have pretty much decided to either have them re-upholsered locally or order replacements from Bradd and Hall. I suppose I should post in the Class A section to see if I can get feedback on Bradd and Hall from anyone who has gone that route.

We were planning to downsize to a new Sprinter (Winnebago Navion) but when we heard the trade-in "offer" we backed off. So doing a bit of updating instead; at least we know what we've got.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #76702
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We have 2 recliners that are original and flaking. I'm not sure why the previous owner didn't get them re-covered along with the 2 captain chairs and the replaced couch that was taken care of. OH WELL!

We are at the Newmar factory and gonna grovel to see if they won't take care of these too. LOL
Good luck; I hope they will take care of you. I know that we're on our own since the Bounder is 6 years old. (And I'm surprised they put the fake ultraleather in a coach like yours!)
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:42 PM   #76703
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
So if you had to choose, would you (or did you) go with new seats or reupholstering the old ones?
Tires and inexpensive seat covers this year so you have $ left to put some miles on those tires. You never know what sorta deal you might be able to find if you keep looking.

With all those RVs flooded out from Harvey you might be able to find some salvaged seats that are almost new.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" 11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:17 PM   #76704
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,398
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tires and inexpensive seat covers this year so you have $ left to put some miles on those tires. You never know what sorta deal you might be able to find if you keep looking.



With all those RVs flooded out from Harvey you might be able to find some salvaged seats that are almost new.


This has my vote!

More miles,
less money spent,
more smiles,
no pocket dent.
Burma Shave
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #76705
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,085
Call the insurance companies and see if you can find where the MH's were taken due to Harvey. Must be hundreds of them. I know our seats in the 2008 were in excellent condition.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #76706
RVM #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Close!! It's a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder!!

Oopsy! I was using the app when I replied. Your sig doesn't show on the app. As Grandpa Jones used to say, "I feel merely foolish".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We have 2 recliners that are original and flaking

Now your coach does fall into the date range for the replacement. Perhaps remind them of that, and it isn't your fault the original owner didn't take advantage of the free replacement. They very well may take care of you, after all, you just acquired the coach. Best luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm surprised they put the fake ultraleather in a coach like yours!)

As far as I know, all manufacturers use Ultra Leather. The only ones I know of who use real leather would be Prevost conversions, Newell, and maybe the IH-45 Foretravel...... Not sure if real leather is offered as a special on Newmars......maybe King Aire I don't know.
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
jfjr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.