RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #77435

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep dirt therapy!
While the kids were growing up, I was so busy homeschooling and working, there was no time for maintenance, and no money to hire a landscaping crew, so I did the mowing and raking and that was about it. So 16 years later, things look very overgrown and neglected. DD and I are changing that. And we hired a landscaping crew to do the mowing. Eventually we'll need to sell this big house, and I don't want to drive the value down with half an acre of landscape mess.

We found out that a tree in our yard has passed the point of no return from the Emerald Ash Borer (see photo). This tree is HUGE and it's gonna cost us 2-3 grand to have it taken down before a big storm sends in into our house or the neighbors. Apparently Ash trees are dangerous once they start dying because they get brittle. We're getting bids on the tree and expect it to be taken down next week.

Remember when I got stuck on the freeway offramp in Clora Mae on Father's Day Weekend? It took the repair shop 2 months to tell us she was done. But apparently they never took her for a test drive, because we took her for a drive the week after we got her home and the engine was doing the exact same thing and died on us, and she had to be towed back to the shop. I'm hoping they'll have her finished by the 27th, so I can drive her to Des Moines for a week to camp. I need some camping therapy very badly!

I've got sad news. Allen's mom was in the hospital twice last month with her COPD, and the next time she catches pneumonia, it'll likely be the end. Winter is coming and with it, flu season, so we decided Allen needs to fly home and see her now before she passes, rather than wait for the funeral. Which means between the tree and this trip, the money we'd saved for the FEUMGC is gone and we won't be able to come. We might be able to do some closer minis or midis, though!

I'll need lots and lots of pics of the event so I can join you vicariously!

Char

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180809_062410.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	214558
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #77436

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

Good morning Mutants.
We have had an interesting few days.
Seemed like our rig did not want to leave our camp Host location.
Step frozen, lubed it but now the motor won't work, pulled pin and bungee cord it.
Get all hooked up go through light check, no tail lights on the toad.
Found socket on Jeep bumper had a broken wire, replaced socket all ok.
Its now 9:00.......PM, had planned to leave around 6 after DGS "Gabe" was picked up.
With a Doc appointment the following day decided to head out and see how it goes.
Of course no dash lights, headlight switch dimmer has failed, used GPS and cruise control, checking gauges with a flash light.
Pulled into Dad's 1:00 am, had a uneventful drive once we broke loose of the State Park.

So part of the reason we moved up North was to rehab Dad's bathroom. Allowed 3 weeks to gut and rebuild. Discussed on Wednesday, Thursday put hold on project pondering selling the house and moving into assisted living. Final decision on Sunday after family meeting.

Well think it's time to wake Jackie, today we drive into Chicago and visit her Dad at Rush hospital. Not getting much information on his condition from sisters.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and Oohhmms, much appreciated.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #77437

Vintage RV Owners Club
Give Jackie a hug from me, I'll be praying the news about her dad is not too bad. And for the family discussion on Sunday, that there's unity in whatever gets decided.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #77438

Fleetwood Owners Club
Deb got a Wrangler!

I guess that's what you were talking about.

Ed just remember without valleys there would be no mountains, without rain there would be no rainbows. Hopeing everything comes together for you and soon.

Charlene tell Allen I'd been practicing my disk throwing. Disappointed but maybe next time.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:34 AM   #77439

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

Dang it Char... was looking forward to some campfire talk...
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #77440
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Been wondering where Charlene was. Barb refers to that as Dirt Therapy!

You need to hire her to remove some of the jumping trees in you driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
And now no one is lurking but me! I guess muties are all getting ready to slow roll to MI. Wish we could join you.

So I've got a question! Which mutie is the most observant?

Wow! 2018! Is that the new TOAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Dang it Char... was looking forward to some campfire talk...

Yep!

Hey you two, sorry to hear about Dad. Prayers comin'.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #77441
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear about Allen's mom. Ohmmms and prayers sent.
It's good he's going to see her now.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #77442

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Good to hear Moose! Best wishes to a long and safe journey in the Dutch Star. Welcome to Newmar!!!
Thanks Carl, all that's left is closing date and the get rid of's and hopefully it cn all come together and get us into the Dutch Star in time to make the trip without rushing.

Charlene we will plan a mini with you and allen on our way there or back depending on family locations as we head to the GC.

My baby brother got married last weekend and we both had a chuckle over your song while awaiting the arrival of the bride.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #77443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
I arrived here in February, with two pillows, a blanket, a duffle bag and a computer. Since then I bought a truck and a used cap. Today was a red letter day. 3 friends helped me to apply the cap. It is used, and a bit wonky, but in September, it will be home. Still many things to make it dry and fully secured. Attachment 214499Attachment 214500

Looking good! Shelby makes blue and red trucks they call the Superman edition. Looks like you have a Superman, or Superwoman rig there.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #77444

Hello all ya Mutties. Havenít been on here for a coons age. Iím sure Tim knows how long that is! Ohmmms to all that need them! We will start our 2,161 mile long pilgrimage to the Michigan promise land about a short month from today. Canít wait to see yíall. Well most anyway And Moose, welcome to Newmar and life on the rainbow
Old 08-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #77445
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Those darn trees are getting all of us! I just spent the last 2 days moving out and back into our space here because arborists were here yesterday morning trimming dead branches out of the tree we were parked under and taking out a tree in the back yard. Thankfully DD and SIL paid that bill.

I gotta run take a shower 'cause Sena and I have a mini-C scheduled for this afternoon. Anybody wanna guess which Mutey we are meeting for lunch?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #77446

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrown View Post
Hello all ya Mutties. Havenít been on here for a coons age. Iím sure Tim knows how long that is! Ohmmms to all that need them! We will start our 2,161 mile long pilgrimage to the Michigan promise land about a short month from today. Canít wait to see yíall. Well most anyway And Moose, welcome to Newmar and life on the rainbow
Thanks LeRoy, you are the baddest azz ever.

Looking forward to seeing you and yours in Michigan. Is Joe and his lovely wife attending also as we would like to chat with them again.

Maybe Mr and Mrs Bones can reconcile at this gathering and not have to maintain their long distance relationship any longer.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #77447

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
And now no one is lurking but me! I guess muties are all getting ready to slow roll to MI. Wish we could join you.

So I've got a question! Which mutie is the most observant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Those darn trees are getting all of us! I just spent the last 2 days moving out and back into our space here because arborists were here yesterday morning trimming dead branches out of the tree we were parked under and taking out a tree in the back yard. Thankfully DD and SIL paid that bill.

I gotta run take a shower 'cause Sena and I have a mini-C scheduled for this afternoon. Anybody wanna guess which Mutey we are meeting for lunch?
I'm working on this..... maybe an observant one can make the implied connection???
Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #77448

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yep, our new toad! The color is called punk'n. We should be able to find our way back to it when geocaching in the desert. Click image for larger version

Name:	0730181608_HDR.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	214589Click image for larger version

Name:	0730181544.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	214590

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote