RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #77561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
We wish you could join us too. This set of mutants will be joining Barb in the Quartszite area of Arizona for parts of this coming winter but parts will be done in Florida.
I seen it, I seen it. What was I supposed to look at??

Part one of gong full time is done. Irene and Dennis have decided on a 2002 Dutch Star to be our home on wheels

Part two of getting out full time is pretty well complete or at least 99.8% thereof. The first couple who came to look at the house are now out obtaining financing to buy it.

Part three is sorting out what goes with us, what gets stored and what we get rid of for the duration of the journey along the rainbow.
Dancin' wit' ya, guy!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #77562

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Yep dirt therapy!
While the kids were growing up, I was so busy homeschooling and working, there was no time for maintenance, and no money to hire a landscaping crew, so I did the mowing and raking and that was about it. So 16 years later, things look very overgrown and neglected. DD and I are changing that. And we hired a landscaping crew to do the mowing. Eventually we'll need to sell this big house, and I don't want to drive the value down with half an acre of landscape mess.

We found out that a tree in our yard has passed the point of no return from the Emerald Ash Borer (see photo). This tree is HUGE and it's gonna cost us 2-3 grand to have it taken down before a big storm sends in into our house or the neighbors. Apparently Ash trees are dangerous once they start dying because they get brittle. We're getting bids on the tree and expect it to be taken down next week.

Remember when I got stuck on the freeway offramp in Clora Mae on Father's Day Weekend? It took the repair shop 2 months to tell us she was done. But apparently they never took her for a test drive, because we took her for a drive the week after we got her home and the engine was doing the exact same thing and died on us, and she had to be towed back to the shop. I'm hoping they'll have her finished by the 27th, so I can drive her to Des Moines for a week to camp. I need some camping therapy very badly!

I've got sad news. Allen's mom was in the hospital twice last month with her COPD, and the next time she catches pneumonia, it'll likely be the end. Winter is coming and with it, flu season, so we decided Allen needs to fly home and see her now before she passes, rather than wait for the funeral. Which means between the tree and this trip, the money we'd saved for the FEUMGC is gone and we won't be able to come. We might be able to do some closer minis or midis, though!

I'll need lots and lots of pics of the event so I can join you vicariously!

Char

Attachment 214558
Sorry to hear the play money's got gobbled up, but mom is more important. Pass along my best wishes to Allen for him & his mom both. He's right to see her now ... so much better than a bouquet at a funeral!

We still have an Asian grocery crawl to reschedule. September is going to be really busy, so August or October are looking better. How about your schedule, landscaping, travel & all?

Pics look good, except you look a bit ... ummm ...ready for a break!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #77563

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrown View Post
Looking good! Shelby makes blue and red trucks they call the Superman edition. Looks like you have a Superman, or Superwoman rig there.
Thanks for that. I knew there had to be a good name out there!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #77564

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Yep, our new toad! The color is called punk'n. We should be able to find our way back to it when geocaching in the desert. Attachment 214589Attachment 214590
Oooh-oooh! Don't ever park her next to a pink building again! I've gone blind!

Other than that ... Punk'n is Fab! Congratulations!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #77565

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
I assume everyone has gotten the e-mail from RVillage about their Rally 2.0 near Live Oak, FL...

It is scheduled for March 27 - 31, 2019..

Tickets go on sale Aug 20, 2018...

My question is, has anyone decided to go??

It is a long way off for us to nail this down, but if a lot of interest, we are IN...
Hmmm. (See the steam?) Thinkin' on this one.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #77566

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Ya, I saw your new career... But, if I am not mistaken, you did NOTHING at the last GC's...

Besides, I challenge anyone to do NOTHING better than ME...
I'm practicing up to challenge you!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #77567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
p.s., lt's not his better side.
Sure it is. Just tell him Martin said so, not me!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #77568

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Question - have any of you used a solar oven?
Got a book about 'em. Does that count?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #77569

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
We just had a close call. A huge limb, probably 12Ē in diameter, fell from an ancient pine tree that 5 minutes earlier Lily and I were standing under.

The odd thing is that the limb wasnít dead and the wind is only about 10 mph. Those arenít the conditions that usually cause tree limbs to crash to the ground.

It missed DD's house by inches and Lily and me by minutes but it smashed an electronic weather station, some plants that I have nurtured all summer and one end of Lily's trolley line. That's where Lily goes to chase squirrels and usually gets her lead line tangled and needs to be rescued.

I think Iím done working in the yard for today.
Oyoyoy, girl! Obviously your name was not on that branch & you have more miles in you yet!

Didn't you just get the shakes when you realized how close you came? Oy!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #77570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
My dear friend. If you and Nola can make it at all that would be a blessing to the group. Some are coming early and some are staying late so you available window is larger that Sept. 17 to Sept 25.

BTW - I'll personally be missing several muties that are on the "NOT ATTENDING" list. GCs are such a great opportunity to become reacquainted with some wonderful folks.
We might be among the late-stayers, since we have a few days spare before a rally in Elkhart. Come if you can!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #77571

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A calf was born at about 7am today! Right next to our campsite
Attachment 215195
Too cool! Nice pic of Mum & Auntie.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #77572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Just Poppin in to say HI EVERYONE. Sorry I've been away so long, man am I itching to get back on the road! I hope everyone is doing well!
Well hey! Lookee who's here! Welcome back! Hope we can see you out n about sometime soon!
Old 08-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #77573

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
They are called summer teeth. Some are and some aren't!
ROFL!
Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #77574

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Naval Aircrewman Operator Third Class Bradley Baker!
He graduated today
Attachment 215397
I hear buttons popping off somebody's shirt!

Does yer t-shirt have buttons?

Congratulations, Bradley!