RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #77575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Nothing on house yet, estate sale today....
But we made an offer on the lot in Hernando Beach Florida, and it was accepted....
Yes we can live in the RV on it until house sells and we get the new one....
Will then have a visitor hookup....

Thanks Dave for asking, Larry is doing really well....

Here it is... Attachment 215375

And yes that is The gulf of mexico in the background.

This is the type of house we will put on it, with an elevator....

Attachment 215376
Well done, youse guys! We will figger out a way to visit ... soon as ya get the FHU ready! Scootch over, Wayne!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #77576

Whew! All ketchupped at last. Sorry about my blizzard of responses. I don't do nutshell responses well ... my fergettery works overtime.

Just a by-the-by: I showed the foot surgeon how to do a clogging step earlier this week. Finally made the man smile for real. Make of that what you will! 🤩
Old 08-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #77577
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
His Tee Shirt has NOTHING!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #77578
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oyoyoy, girl! Obviously your name was not on that branch & you have more miles in you yet!

Didn't you just get the shakes when you realized how close you came? Oy!
Yep, I'm still nervous about being parked under another huge pine. The worst part is that I just found out Iím allergic to pine tree sap. It blisters my skin.

The limb is still laying where it fell pending an insurance inspection. If they donít cover the clean up cost guess who is gonna get to do it? Time to order some Tyvek coveralls with the attached hood and a good pair of gloves.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #77579
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Part of the insurance should be clean up costs. I once did my own clean up and it covered my deductible.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #77580
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I didn’t think of that! The kids can pay me!!!

Actually this will take some pros. The limbs are HUGE and partially over the cliff. The house was spared so the only damage is the trees and the shrubs they smashed. Maybe the weather station got damaged, but the glass hummingbird feeder was untouched.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #77581
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just make sure the adjuster understands that you or friends and family will do the clean up and ask him about covering the deductible. If you are going to hire it out it's a no brainier and they will figure it into the costs. (So me thinks.)
Old 08-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #77582

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Got my nice camera back from repair

They replaced the front cover, front body, memory compression, focusing screen, card cover, rubber grip, side rubber, cardholder rubber and adjusted all kinds of things, upgraded the firmware, even cleaned the sensor! It's back to like-new condition

Cost was pretty much on mark with their estimate, $320. So I could've spent that money elsewhere for sure, but I'm just happy I have the BEAST back...

If only I was as good at taking pictures as it is...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #77583

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Got my nice camera back from repair

They replaced the front cover, front body, memory compression, focusing screen, card cover, rubber grip, side rubber, cardholder rubber and adjusted all kinds of things, upgraded the firmware, even cleaned the sensor! It's back to like-new condition

Cost was pretty much on mark with their estimate, $320. So I could've spent that money elsewhere for sure, but I'm just happy I have the BEAST back...

If only I was as good at taking pictures as it is...
Man, when you decide to do a number on a camera, you don't mess about, do ya?! You almost got a whole new beast there. Like the proverbial (insert nationality here)'s shovel: had this same shovel for years! Only replaced the handle 3 times and the head 4.

Cheers!
Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 AM   #77584

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I started wondering about all those parts but then realized, the really expensive parts of any DSLR winds up being the sensor itself and the focusing system as they can get pretty elaborate electronically.

And yesterday evening I got the RV back too (I won't even mention how much *that* was). Lots of work done on that this year, new ball joints, new air bags in the front, a new pair of manifolds as the older ones had a leak and when they examined it, wasn't flat enough, all kinds of other little odds and ends. I am all set for travel mode again!

And a good morning to all mutants near and far! September is coming fast so get packing if you're heading to the UP!!!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #77585

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
3 years ago today
Attachment 215365
Memories. Sweet memories of GCs.

Now is as good time as any to mention a couple of things about GCs. Since the lid has been removed concerning RVM2's departure from the thread, I would like to remind fellow mutants that discussions at GCs around campfires and mixed groups are about everything under the sun EXCEPT politics and religion.

We are ALL loving, accepting, and caring muties. All of our hearts are all in the right place. We all don't, however, have the same mindset when it comes to the aforementioned topics of discussion. We all need to be careful to remember who we're talking to (or within hearing distance of) before we express our opinions on certain subjects.

The topics are too divisive and persons on each side of the topic have trouble "wrapping" their minds around the positions taken by the folks on the other side. Social media and "news" broadcasts have separated friends, families, and neighbors to the point that each side feels the need to defend their strong felt positions. GCs are not the place for such discussions.

My humble opinion and my feeble attempt to encourage us to be thoughtful in our expressions of our opinions.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #77586

Thanks for that, Steve!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #77587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Memories. Sweet memories of GCs.

Now is as good time as any to mention a couple of things about GCs. Since the lid has been removed concerning RVM2's departure from the thread, I would like to remind fellow mutants that discussions at GCs around campfires and mixed groups are about everything under the sun EXCEPT politics and religion.

My humble opinion and my feeble attempt to encourage us to be thoughtful in our expressions of our opinions.
Much appreciated, Steve. Another example of why you are our Grand Master of Elucidation.

This is a time when we need to build & strengthen bonds between us, not court division & discord. It's "we", not "us & them". I love you all, muties, regardless of our differences.

See you 'round the campfire!
Old 08-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #77588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Just Poppin in to say HI EVERYONE. Sorry I've been away so long, man am I itching to get back on the road! I hope everyone is doing well!

We are anxious to see you in AZ!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote