RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #78023
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
You are on your way, I can't make this trip, but will be camping in the state below the FEUMGC. Want to do the Elkart tours. Keep your focus sharp, and your focal plane, be sure to f/stop and smell the roses. The depth of field is great in some. OK, I'll quit with the photo metaphors.

Where are you staying in the Elkhart area? The Elkhart County 4H CG is nice with FHU and in Bremen is Pla-Mor Campground where we are now. Very nice area and 20 miles or so from Elkhart an Goshen and many other towns around Amish country.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #78024

Fleetwood Owners Club
We're here in space #810, not too far from the shelter house (haven't gone over there yet).
This will bed a memorable GC for us. About 40 miles out, there's a loud BANG and a loud rapid pop-pop-pop. Pull over on the Interstate and check it out. Hey, rumble strips aren't bad at 65 MPH but they try to shake you apart as you slow to a crawl... Anyway, open the hood, nothing wrong there, can't see anything but the radiator anyway. Back inside and open the engine cover. Yep, looks like the V10 blew out a spark plug, it's a weak point on the early ones. OK, it's Saturday of Labor Day weekend, no one is going to be open to fix it anyway. Seems to be all right except for sounding like an antique farm tractor. Close the cover and off we go... Made it to the campground (sure everyone heard us coming) to find out we were supposed to arrive on the 4th, not the 1st. Fortunately, our space was available. Unfortunately, we had to pay the HIGHLY INFLATED Labor Day Weekend rates for those 3 extra days. Between that and the expense fixing the blown spark plug ($200-400, have to tap the hole and install an insert, buying the special tool vs. having Ford do it is probably a wash), we probably will be declining offers to go out to eat anywhere...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #78025

Dodged the first storm this season for us....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5527.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	217562
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #78026

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Jim r you and Paula at Mill Creek yet? DaveandCarol first to show?
Paula & I are enjoying the wet weather just north of Buchanan.
Headed to Mill Creek later, and will be there the 15th.
Gather round all yee Mutants, time for fun and togetherness. Food and
hijinks. To meet and greet friends and 'family'.
Happiness will be abundant, and shared.
Be safe on the road.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #78027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Too bad too many don't focus on the road ahead while trying to gawk at the unfolding panorama through the front viewfinder.

I grew up sitting in a vehicle that only stopped for gas and if we were extremely lucky that gas stop would have food and restrooms available for use. I plan on 250/300 miles per day and frequently stop, get out and peer at the sights as we travel. No use in not taking in what's there for your free enjoyment.

Hehe. am familiar with that experience. The most I will drive is 250, and I would rather keep it down to 100, with a day or two in-between moves. Yes, I can do that now! And I am very happy about that. I will have 10 days, to drive about 800 miles to the UP. Kinda pushing it, but I will do it.
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #78028
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
250 a day is only 3-1/2 days straight driving. Breaking that up into say 125 a day is 6 days, and at 150 a day is about 5-1/2 days. I know you know how to do the math but it seems you can drive at your own pace and not be pushing it very much.

It's about 400 miles for us and we will have 5 days to get there. We are thinking we will stop once to smell the flowers, and maybe even twice. You're right though, no need to rush. Isn't the Journey the Destination?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #78029

Spartan Chassis
OK all

Que Passa

We all at a party I wasn't invited too?

Herrrroooooooooo!!!!
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:44 AM   #78030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
OK all

Que Passa

We all at a party I wasn't invited too?

Herrrroooooooooo!!!!
FEUMGC ring any bells? Aintcha comin?
Old 09-04-2018, 01:46 AM   #78031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dodged the first storm this season for us....

Attachment 217562
Whee-ooo! It's either April tornadoes & hail in AR or hurricane season in FL! Ain't no place safe, but sure glad you are!
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 AM   #78032

[QUOTE=Diwizi;4381921]Dodged the first storm this season for us....

Di & Larry,

Glad Gordan didn't visit you, but we are expecting the unwanted guest to come by us.

Hope all going well, you are due some great news.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:06 AM   #78033

Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning Ed, Morning Richard.

Hope the home place is safe from the hurricane/ tropical storm. But just to be safe Richard you and Queen Ann might better get on this rainbow! We finished up our visit to Nashville and our time there was a blast, hot, but lots of fun. Now in Kentucky I lucked into a CG that would make a good GC spot in the future. Country setting, large grassy pull through spots and the fastest wifi I've ever seen. Faster than at home! Only here for a few days so I'll have to perfect my moon shining skills fast before moving on northward. Later Muties!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #78034

Quote:

Hope the home place is safe from the hurricane/ tropical storm. But just to be safe Richard you and Queen Ann might better get on this rainbow! We finished up our visit to Nashville and our time there was a blast, hot, but lots of fun. Now in Kentucky I lucked into a CG that would make a good GC spot in the future. Country setting, large grassy pull through spots and the fastest wifi I've ever seen. Faster than at home! Only here for a few days so I'll have to perfect my moon shining skills fast before moving on northward. Later Muties!

I cant verify that there was a photo that suggested that you already have perfected your MOON SHINING!!

Glad you are moving in the right direction on the rainbow. Queen Ann started cleaning, organizing and loading the Micro Minnie... I have laid out a course to get us there on the 17th.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #78035

R U an RV Mutant too?

Tim,

Name:	IMG_0027.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	217591

Name:	IMG_0868.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	217592

Wayne,

Name:	IMG_1295.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	217593

Name:	IMG_1318.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	499.5 KB
ID:	217595

To the rest of you insane RVMs, have a great GC, and PLEASE take way too many pictures!

Name:	IMG_1244.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	217600

Name:   IMG_1294.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  33.7 KB

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:03 AM   #78036

Quote:

There's a cute little county park called White River Campground with a 1129 E 234th Street, Cicero, IN address. Phone number is 317-770-4430. It's suitable for a big rig. Ask for a riverside spot. We could find the time to drop in and see ya'all. But it is a grueling 20 minute drive for us. Chuck and Sara would recommend it.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote