RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #78093

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Is it 28T or 38T?
Try sending a private message. If he/she is not on the forum it will not let you send one, I think. (therefore I am)
No you aint er aresn't er whatever. I saw Carl's post and thought 'why didn't I see this?' and looked for it too. To no avail.

Tomorrow is the walk-through and official signing. Then to find where everything will go.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #78094

Camper Build?

Ok, I built, by myself, a cabin, 22 years ago. Suddenly I am carpentry challenged, trying to build a simple bed in my truck. Well, admittedly I havent picked up a drill or saw since the cabin, but still... Will post pics of my masterpiece. Uh,, probably much later.
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #78095
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
My post regarding Bounder38T never was posted on this thread (about an hour ago). Is Bounder38T bannished from this thread along with any mention of him/her???
It is possible to delete your own posts to the forum within the first hour. Could it be that he somehow decide he didnít want to become a Mutie? Ok, which of you guys slipped your shoes off and chased him away with stinky feet?
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #78096
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
Ok, I built, by myself, a cabin, 22 years ago. Suddenly I am carpentry challenged, trying to build a simple bed in my truck. Well, admittedly I havent picked up a drill or saw since the cabin, but still... Will post pics of my masterpiece. Uh,, probably much later.
Bev, I too have constructed my own home, but it was in 1989 and I was stronger. One change has made it easier for me now - I use construction screws and a power drill instead of hammer and nails. I'm now building a storage shed here at my daughter's house so I can leave stuff I only use here.

Rarely does anything but napping get easier as we get older. Good luck with your project. Looking forward to PoP!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #78097

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
No you aint er aresn't er whatever. I saw Carl's post and thought 'why didn't I see this?' and looked for it too. To no avail.
I quoted their post. When I saw it, it was there for no more than 30 minutes. It is 28T, that's what is in my quoted post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It is possible to delete your own posts to the forum within the first hour. Could it be that he somehow decide he didnít want to become a Mutie? Ok, which of you guys slipped your shoes off and chased him away with stinky feet?
I think it was deleted by the time I got done composing mine. Just coincidental that they might have been doing it at the same time I was posting...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #78098

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Howdy Bounder28T, not sure if you've read this thread much, but this group has some pretty stringent requirements that are mandatory to meet our high qualification standards.

For example, you have to tell us something your wonderful rig doesn't have and you don't miss. Not only that, you have to declare the Journey is the Destination as that's our basic motto.

If'n you can figure all that out, there may be someone else that comes along and anoints you with a coveted mutant number. So study up, think long and hard and here's hoping you get past these burdensome hurdles.

I saw it also... Then Carl posted the above... Spoooookkkkkkyyyy & still a month plus to Halloween...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #78099

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I quoted their post. When I saw it, it was there for no more than 30 minutes. It is 28T, that's what is in my quoted post.

I think it was deleted by the time I got done composing mine. Just coincidental that they might have been doing it at the same time I was posting...
Barb, I think we found our culprit!

So good sense set in and they sculdoodled. They were probably too smart for this group!
Old 09-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #78100

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dodged the first storm this season for us....

Attachment 217562
We stalled our departure out of FL a day for Gordon to git on down the road.

We just got into a park just east of Apalachicola, FL the day after the final sparks of Gordon had passed. They were on the fringe of the system but the first site they tried to park us in was still water logged.

Where is your new place at?
Old 09-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #78101
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post

Bev, Very wise to construct a platform that is off of the bed of the truck. Around 2 a.m., that steel bed cold will penetrate right through a mattress and you'll freeze you tootsies off.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #78102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We stalled our departure out of FL a day for Gordon to git on down the road.

We just got into a park just east of Apalachicola, FL the day after the final sparks of Gordon had passed. They were on the fringe of the system but the first site they tried to park us in was still water logged.

Where is your new place at?

Hey Don and Sandee...... you are north of us... we are in Hernando Beach.... just a few miles south of WeekiWachee mermaids....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #78103
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am happy to report that I am still 90% pain free since Tuesday's nerve cooking session. This afternoon I removed the last pain patch and have been switched to a shorter acting opiate that will make it easier to wean myself off narcotic pain killers. Hopefully I'll be able to get completely off all pain meds, but I wonít know for 3-4 days until the Fentanyl is out of my system. If I do need them I'll be prescribed a different class of drugs that are easier to get while traveling. I started down this road because it was becoming impossible and very expensive to get Fentanyl.

Severe back pain has ruled my life for over 12 years. I've had 3 surgeries, an implanted neurostimulator, and at least 6 doctors, including a neurosurgeon, tell me that the only thing that could help my pain was narcotics.

This summer's journey to get where I am today has taken 3.5 months mainly due to waiting on individual insurance approvals for 2 trials and radio-frequency ablation.

If any of you are suffering from back pain due to arthritis in the facet joints in your spine find a doctor that does this miraculous procedure.

If I sound grumpy in the next few days please forgive me. Blame it on the drugs. I've already noticed this morning that Sena and Lily were extra annoying. I think I better stay away from people until this passes. Sena and Lily will forgive me.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #78104
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hey Don and Sandee...... you are north of us... we are in Hernando Beach.... just a few miles south of WeekiWachee mermaids....
Y'all should look at Hernando Beach, FL satellite view. The whole town is built on canal lots. It looks like converted swamp land - the canals were dredged out to make land for buildings.

Di, if I was there this time of year I'd keep the fuel and fresh water tanks full so I could beat the traffic prior to any storms. What's your elevation above sea level? 5 feet or less?

Sohmms (for stay away storms) are being sent to all Muties in hurricane areas daily until the season is over.

I spent 2 winters about 35 miles southeast of Tampa. The bugs chased me away. Amdro helped keep the fire ants away, but the mosquitos were blood thirsty!
Old 09-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #78105

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We will be in Yuma this winter. However, there is a good chance we will do the following one in Polk City FL. Nearly 4 years ago we spent the winter there at the Mount Olive Shores North RV community. In fact we just spent a week there an just left there Labor day.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #78106
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
My post regarding Bounder38T never was posted on this thread (about an hour ago). Is Bounder38T bannished from this thread along with any mention of him/her???
I suppose he deleted his post. He's still active on the forum... iRV2 Forums - View Profile: Bounder28T