RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #78247

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0373.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	786.3 KB
ID:	218717Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	218718

A few turkey on the way to bath house.
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #78248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
Attachment 218717Attachment 218718

A few turkey on the way to bath house.
Your camp looks well put together !!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #78249

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Arrive Monday???
Heck no, target is later Saturday...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #78250

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Your camp looks well put together !!

Thanks. Anyone know how the skeeters are in Mackinaw?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #78251

Quote:
My guess is that Mackinaw Mill probably sprays for skeeters ... but it's just a guess
Old 09-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #78252

She shuts, she locks, and nary a gap. Replace the rotten weather stripping, get a tailgate seal, and she is done. It is how a Minnesota/Alaskan gal gets er dun.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	462.6 KB
ID:	218735Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0383.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	218736Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0385.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	218737
Old 09-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #78253

Spartan Chassis
Bev, and no duct tape showing.

You make Mutants everywhere proud.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #78254

Thanks. Duct tape if the aluminum I tweaked a lot breaks.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #78255
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nice of you to leave the key hanging so people can visit you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #78256
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Not as big as in Texas,
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #78257
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Story time for camp fire comments:

Yesterday we were at Poncho's Pond RV park. What an amazing park by the way. Earlene's key fob for the car was not working so after a few stops and some lunch we went to the Ford Dealer. Minor fix new battery and all was fine. Now I know how to get the fob apart for the next time.

Anyhow, we stopped and picked up a loaf of bread and decided to stop at the bank across the street and draw out some of Earlene's easily made money. (She was Civil Service.) The drive to the ATM at the bank was extremely narrow but I made it in without incident. As I was withdrawing her money, for me to spend, she pointed out the metal bollard just to my left front. Moving forward I cleared the bollard with room to spare. As I turned to the left, after clearing the bollard, I had a Herbie's jinx. Left rear tire caught the #$*& curb. I pulled over, got out and looked and all looked well. However, TPMS started showing 0 psi. Stopped again, got out, saw the TPMS was bent, pulled it a little and the valve stem cam out. I played like the little boy on the Dutch dike and held my finger over the open valve preventing any more air from escaping. I did not want it to go flat.

I was wondering if I could pull a Tim and try running beside the car with Earlene driving and keeping my finger on the valve. I decided that was not a good idea. I inew had some valve stem covers so I asked Earlene to give me one. I was able to get it on and we wer able to drive a few miles back to the Ford place. All fixed and on the road...but wait, more to the story.

While getting service established at the Ford place, Earlene came walking from the car with a distraught look on her face. You know she had some money stolen out of her purse at a grocery store. Well, we just came from the grocery store to the bank and to the Ford place and she exclaimed, "My cell phone is missing!" Wow, what else can go wrong, right? Nothing I could do until the tire was fixed and that would be some time. I just could not believe the luck. Guess we will need to back track and see if we can find it. I do have "Find My Phone," and I was just going to activate it when Earlene came walking toward me again with her cell phone in her hand.

You know that valve stem cap I asked her to get? It was in the glove box. Can you see where I'm going with this? Yep! She found her phone in the glove box.

We do laugh about these things but she continues to make snide remarks about my misadventures. I on the other hand am very nice and don't say anything. (Until the right moment.)
Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #78258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Yesterday we were at Poncho's Pond RV park. What an amazing park by the way. Earlene's key fob for the car was not working so after a few stops and some lunch we went to the Ford Dealer. Minor fix new battery and all was fine. Now I know how to get the fob apart for the next time.

Anyhow, we stopped and picked up a loaf of bread and decided to stop at the bank across the street and draw out some of Earlene's easily made money. (She was Civil Service.) The drive to the ATM at the bank was extremely narrow but I made it in without incident. As I was withdrawing her money, for me to spend, she pointed out the metal bollard just to my left front. Moving forward I cleared the bollard with room to spare. As I turned to the left, after clearing the bollard, I had a Herbie's jinx. Left rear tire caught the #$*& curb. I pulled over, got out and looked and all looked well. However, TPMS started showing 0 psi. Stopped again, got out, saw the TPMS was bent, pulled it a little and the valve stem cam out. I played like the little boy on the Dutch dike and held my finger over the open valve preventing any more air from escaping. I did not want it to go flat.

I was wondering if I could pull a Tim and try running beside the car with Earlene driving and keeping my finger on the valve. I decided that was not a good idea. I inew had some valve stem covers so I asked Earlene to give me one. I was able to get it on and we wer able to drive a few miles back to the Ford place. All fixed and on the road...but wait, more to the story.

While getting service established at the Ford place, Earlene came walking from the car with a distraught look on her face. You know she had some money stolen out of her purse at a grocery store. Well, we just came from the grocery store to the bank and to the Ford place and she exclaimed, "My cell phone is missing!" Wow, what else can go wrong, right? Nothing I could do until the tire was fixed and that would be some time. I just could not believe the luck. Guess we will need to back track and see if we can find it. I do have "Find My Phone," and I was just going to activate it when Earlene came walking toward me again with her cell phone in her hand.

You know that valve stem cap I asked her to get? It was in the glove box. Can you see where I'm going with this? Yep! She found her phone in the glove box.

We do laugh about these things but she continues to make snide remarks about my misadventures. I on the other hand am very nice and don't say anything. (Until the right moment.)
Be careful the last person that did that is still in the hospital ... lol ...
Old 09-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #78259

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Heck no, target is later Saturday...
Figured as much, to you sleep is just an option

Quote:
She shuts, she locks, and nary a gap. Replace the rotten weather stripping, get a tailgate seal, and she is done. It is how a Minnesota/Alaskan gal gets er dun.Attachment 218735Attachment 218736Attachment 218737
Looks great See you in Mackinaw

Quote:

I leave you two for one day and look at the trouble y'all get in! Glad things got worked out! We're in Petoskey for the night.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #78260

Quote:

Too funny... I am still without phone... driving me crazy... will order new one asaaa...... as soon as apple allows....
But in the meantime, we are working...

New doctor visit yesterday, like him, young, very proactive
Just got a call from new nurse Maria,
Larry is anemic and will have to have iron infusions...

Name:	IMG_5584.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	515.3 KB
ID:	218757

Name:	IMG_5587.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	218758

Name:	IMG_5589.jpg