RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #79241
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 252
Mini C: @ Sweet Darlene’s. Quartzsite, Ed, Janice, Barb, n Blup.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	225274
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #79242
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,084
Hey ED, is that a "dog house" mattress?
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #79243
Senior Member
 
rezman's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Anyplace Rainbow, USA
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Good to hear...any special brand of mattress or just a replacement of what you already had?
I looked online and we went shopping trying out different mattresses, we liked Simmons Beauty Rest. Found a much lower price online with free delivery and they will take the old mattress as well. Ordered it three weeks ago from Deal Beds, Ryder shippped it to Louisville, and we are waiting for it to make the last 3 hour journey.
Here is the exact mattress, went from all foam to one with coils and foam.

Simmons Beautyrest Silver Level 2 Plush Pillow Top Mattress

Will be interesting, old mattress is 12 inches tall, this one 15. I see us hitting our heads on the cabinet above our pillows, can you say head ache.
__________________
Ed H
The "Wife" Jackie, and the dog Sheba (RVM51)
2000 American Eagle ( Jenny), 2013 Jeep Wrangler
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #79244
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,084
Well, today was a fun day here also. With the USMC Birthday coming up, NASA had a birthday cake celebration. My son, the Colonel (Ret) was the host and planner.

A funny happened when he said I was going to be the oldest Marine there. I told him that I had a doctor's appointment at that time and he said, okay, Mom can be the oldest. Ha ha! I asked Earlene if she would like me to change my appointment and she replied, "Will you, I don't want to be the oldest!" So I did.

Here is a group photo of just Marines that were present. The Astronaut is Col Randy Bresnik, USMC. The Woman Marine is Maj. Jasmin Moghbeli. I'm one of the 5 good looking Marines on the right side. I know you'll recognize Earlene.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	243rd USCBD.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	225276  
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #79245
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, today was a fun day here also. With the USMC Birthday coming up, NASA had a birthday cake celebration. My son, the Colonel (Ret) was the host and planner.

A funny happened when he said I was going to be the oldest Marine there. I told him that I had a doctor's appointment at that time and he said, okay, Mom can be the oldest. Ha ha! I asked Earlene if she would like me to change my appointment and she replied, "Will you, I don't want to be the oldest!" So I did.

Here is a group photo of just Marines that were present. The Astronaut is Col Randy Bresnik, USMC. The Woman Marine is Maj. Jasmin Moghbeli. I'm one of the 5 good looking Marines on the right side. I know you'll recognize Earlene.

Your looking good Earlene!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #79246
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 252
R U an RV Mutant too?

Three of my fantastic neighbors Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0856.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	225287
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #79247
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Will be interesting, old mattress is 12 inches tall, this one 15. I see us hitting our heads on the cabinet above our pillows, can you say head ache.
What is with mattresses nowadays? Does anyone really think a thicker mattress has more of the stuff that makes a mattress more comfortable? I suspect mattress manufacturers are in cahoots with step stool companies and sheet makers.

Ed, did you need to buy new sheets to fit the thicker mattress? Are you using a trampoline or a stool to get into bed? Sounds like you may have headaches from more than just bumping your noggin on the overhead cabinet.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #79248
Senior Member
 
Mark D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 704
Not sure if this meets the criteria?!?Click image for larger version

Name:	20180111_130012.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	225295
__________________
2011 American Coach, American Eagle 45B with 650hp ISX on a Liberty Chassis K3 with two Vizsla's and two cats.....
Mark D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #79249
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,542
Well..you need to tell us something your rig doesn't have which you do not miss, and then ponder on the meaning of the journey is the destination and declare it so to us...this sure looks promising! But for more clarity on this covered group...go back and read the first few pages of the thread!
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #79250
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I looked online and we went shopping trying out different mattresses, we liked Simmons Beauty Rest. Found a much lower price online with free delivery and they will take the old mattress as well. Ordered it three weeks ago from Deal Beds, Ryder shippped it to Louisville, and we are waiting for it to make the last 3 hour journey.
Here is the exact mattress, went from all foam to one with coils and foam.

Simmons Beautyrest Silver Level 2 Plush Pillow Top Mattress

Will be interesting, old mattress is 12 inches tall, this one 15. I see us hitting our heads on the cabinet above our pillows, can you say head ache.
I'm waiting to hear from someone who buys one of those purple mattresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
What is with mattresses nowadays? Does anyone really think a thicker mattress has more of the stuff that makes a mattress more comfortable? I suspect mattress manufacturers are in cahoots with step stool companies and sheet makers.

Ed, did you need to buy new sheets to fit the thicker mattress? Are you using a trampoline or a stool to get into bed? Sounds like you may have headaches from more than just bumping your noggin on the overhead cabinet.
My bed is only 4 1/2 inches. Of course, it's full of water and bladders, but it's not very thick. I prefer the 12" bladder as compared to the thin ones, but weight is weight
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #79251
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,470
Hello Mutants near and far ....

Saturday I jump in the Jeep and head for deer camp ... So I'll be out of range of the juice that makes these devices work but hopefully y'all will have a good time in my absence ...

Be nice to each other ....
Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #79252
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,542
Jeff...Hope you stray safe and get lucky!
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #79253
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Mutants near and far ....

Saturday I jump in the Jeep and head for deer camp ... So I'll be out of range of the juice that makes these devices work but hopefully y'all will have a good time in my absence ...

Be nice to each other ....
Cheers !!!
Drive safe.
Shoot straight!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #79254
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,084
Jeff,
Don't sit in any tree stands that have a "Built ByTH" stamped on them.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (2 members and 7 guests)
jfjr, Wayne M
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.