RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #79773
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Ronnie! You passed on the first try! Congrats! Look for a private message from me that will help you navigate the waters here.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #79774

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieTucker View Post
Hello, I am Ronnie Tucker and I am An RV Mutant wannabe . Reading through some of the posts. It looks like that I am a little late to this party! I bought my Motorhome new in 2000 and I love everything that it has on it. So, the main thing that it does not have that I do not miss is a big loan payment each month! All the new stuff that is available now I have never had so I guess I can't miss that either. Last but not least I do declare that the Journey is The Destination. Sign me up please.

Ronnie
Well what's it like being RVM#180?

Welcome aboard. See you in Texas in April.

If you have the ability you could meet up with a bunch of us at the Quartzsite AZ gathering of like (outofour) minds.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #79775

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
So do you cross the mile long bridge too? Iíve measured several times and yep, itís a mile long!
Yup... even witnessed dummies passing on it....
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #79776

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to new member#180 aka Ronnie! Tell us a bit more about yourself!
I'm Marty, hubby is Bob, dog is Bess. We live in the crossroads but a little north for most of our mutant friends who like it either cooler or warmer... Kansas is the place!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #79777

(Wiggles Eyebrows)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0971.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	228979
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #79778

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well Ronnie you made it to the right thread and passed the test

As others have suggested, tell us a little about yourself. Keep in mind anything revealed can and most likely will be used against you. Don't let the threat of having to wear a tutu run you off, only two I know of, have wore the tutu and they brought their own.

Feel free to ask questions, offer advice and join the conversations and if anything posted here offends you, just consider yourself normal! Everyone's here to have fun and we're all looking forward to the Texas GC! (Rally)
Old 12-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #79779

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
(Wiggles Eyebrows)Attachment 228979
Great find Bev. The perfect gift for those trying to be quiet in the deer woods, Jeff, those setting chair to chair at campfires, Wayne, Carl, Steve, Ed, Joe, Richard and those who don't hear as good as they use to and just think no one noticed, Dave, Dave and Tom!

Get ready Ed, a big Amazon order is coming through!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #79780

Welcome to mutantdom Ronnie. I'm Steve (aka papasteve) RVM5 and my DW is Mary Ann. We live most of the year north of Indianapolis, IN, part of the year east of Tampa Bay, and the other part of the year seeing the beautiful USA.

We will be in Texas for the mutant gathering in April. We will be residing in a cabin at the CG since we're coming directly from our winter quarters in FL. The gatherings are a hoot and it enables all mutants a chance to put a face on the blog's name. A scary sight to say the least.

I was a teacher most of my working years and DW retired from Dow Chemical. Uh, she made more than me. Go figger.

Again, welcome to our group of misfits. We love each and every one.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #79781
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dear Santa,
Please bring Wayne his own cooking show on TV.

Then I can turn him off. Shesss I'm trying to loose weight here folks.
To be helpful here, just in case anyone was wondering, Reese Cups in your pocket while in the deer stand will not melt if it's cold enough. And, horrible appetite suppressants. Check that off your list.
I can tell you how to use 15 pounds of ugly fat!

Cut off your head!

Quote:
Well The Reese Cup diet didn't work, last year The Tootsie Roll diet didn't work so what do I have to loose?
Have you tried M&M Peanuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Easier yet: 1 cup water, stand ribs on edge, pressure as Wayne said for fall off the bone tender. A couple minutes less if you don't want that degree of tenderness.

Add bbq sauce & run under the broiler to brown both sides. Or brown & then add sauce. Or even brown before pressuring.

Divide & freeze some for later if you want.

Yup. Stayin' in shape!
Oh, but the apple juice and apple cider vinegar infuse the ribs with a wonderful taste, and then the only BBQ sauce to use is Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieTucker View Post
Hello, I am Ronnie Tucker and I am An RV Mutant wannabe . Reading through some of the posts. It looks like that I am a little late to this party! I bought my Motorhome new in 2000 and I love everything that it has on it. So, the main thing that it does not have that I do not miss is a big loan payment each month! All the new stuff that is available now I have never had so I guess I can't miss that either. Last but not least I do declare that the Journey is The Destination. Sign me up please.

Ronnie
Ronnie, first welcome to a great group of people. You WILL enjoy or else!

Second, I am the smart, shy, wonderful (and a bunch of other nice things) one of the group. Everyone loves me. So, when you get your notification from Barb on the other means of communications be sure to ask me for MY THEME SONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yep, it doesnít take an Instant Pot to have easy, delicious , nutritious meals. All you need is a friend and neighbor who likes to cook on a propane stove.

We usually go grocery shopping together. At the checkout we have 3 orders - Bev's, Barb's and shared. I buy every 3rd tank of propane for her stove.

Sena and I get nutritious, easy meals without hardly any work on my part. But I'm the gardener. We should have an abundance of tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, lettuce and some potatoes in a few weeks.
I was cooking on camp fires when you were in baby pants. Ah, the smell of percolated coffee on a camp fire! Bacon and eggs cooking in a cast iron frying pan over an open fire. Aluminum foil wrapped baked potatoes laying in a fire pit. Steak oh so good.

You just light a match and poof, propane fire. Doesn't even compare.

Now, with that said - I'm lazy now, don't gather wood, don't like the smell of smoke as it now irritates my allergies, I'm in a hurry, and the IP fulfills my needs and wonderful taste buds.

Quote:
Great find Bev. The perfect gift for those trying to be quiet in the deer woods, Jeff, those setting chair to chair at campfires, Wayne, Carl, Steve, Ed, Joe, Richard and those who don't hear as good as they use to and just think no one noticed, Dave, Dave and Tom!

Get ready Ed, a big Amazon order is coming through!
Tim, Tim, Tim, those may muffle YOUR sounds but they will do nothing to defer the other ingredient that is associated with it from you. Mary said you can clear a room.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #79782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
(Wiggles Eyebrows)Attachment 228979

For some reason, I see some of these being modeled in Texas this spring
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #79783

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeBus View Post
For some reason, I see some of these being modeled in Texas this spring
Irene and I proved in Tucson that I don't need these bits of apparel as everyone who was there knows our poop don't stink. Right Wayne???
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #79784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]

[COLOR=blue]Oh, but the apple juice and apple cider vinegar infuse the ribs with a wonderful taste, and then the only BBQ sauce to use is Sweet Baby Ray's
Ah yes, & that is exactly what I'm thawing this rack of baby backs for. I was only giving Carl "easy", which I've done several times. (Yah, yah, save the cheap jokes!! Sheesh!)

Cider & all sounds like it will be very tasty, but I'll make my own family bbq recipe. It's all in what you like & what's easy at the moment.

See you in LA soon & TX later. OMG, you're so lucky to see so much of us this year.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #79785

Quote:
Ah yes, & that is exactly what I'm thawing this rack of baby backs for. I was only giving Carl "easy", which I've done several times. (Yah, yah, save the cheap jokes!! Sheesh!)

Cider & all sounds like it will be very tasty, but I'll make my own family bbq recipe. It's all in what you like & what's easy at the moment.

See you in LA soon & TX later. OMG, you're so lucky to see so much of us this year.

Cheers!
Sue

If I dont make my own Bbq sause recipe, then I yse SweetBabyRays....
Used to make mine in a 5 gallon pot, then can it,
Tim, it is like The Shack, has grape soda in it....

Now, life is lazier...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #79786
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Irene and I proved in Tucson that I don't need these bits of apparel as everyone who was there knows our poop don't stink. Right Wayne???

Wrong!

Quote:

Cheers!
Sue

May stop and explore the Lafayette area for a couple days, if that's okay.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote