RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2019, 11:44 PM   #80501

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Wayne

RE: Nametags. Carol and I joined in January of 2014, somewhere around page 692 of the thread (according to my computer) and around post 9000-something.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #80502

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My sympathies to you. This was my first time getting one so my mind was thinking the worst, of course. Next time I'll know what it is and how to treat it. Hmm, I bet I can buy Flomax in Mexico to keep on hand just in case. I donít have the luxury of having a family full of MDs like you do.

They both have had kidney stones..... before i had mine. First one I did go to ER, second a year later got into the dr and while he was in the room it did a major shift that took me to me knees.... now i am dealing with smaller ones, that hurt, but not that gripping pain hurt...
But I did see an urologist in Little Rock, and have an appointment with one down here....
my sympathies for you..
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:37 AM   #80503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Speaking of GC's, how about some help with nightly entertainment.
A couple of pot lucks would be nice - more on that later.
Are the breakfast guys available? I just saw a picture that I have of Tim standing over the bacon on the grill and Papa Steve inspecting the bacon. Well that's what it looked like.

I'm thinking of two pot lucks but instead of all 20 rigs bringing something how about splitting it on bringing food.

How about the first 10 sign-ups provide food for the group the first time, and the last 10 provide food for the second time. It seems that we always have more food than anyone can even sample at our GC's. I think it would make it easier on everyone. However, anyone can bring anything at any time.

Opinions definitely appreciated. BTW, I'm not a good party organizer.

We need some suggestions/recommendations on entertainment (besides Tim and Dennis)
My idea of a great GC is more of campfires and potlucks and less of organized activities. GCs are located hundreds and hundreds of miles from mutants' usual stomping grounds so day trips with fellow mutants are high on almost everyone's lists. Wake up, travel and eat, and then revel in the hilarious time around a campfire. Maybe 2 or 3 potlucks sometimes starting about 11/2 hours before sunset each time.

I volunteer to buy and cook hamburgers (on someone's grill). We could go together and buy a standing rib roast and have a slowly cooked prime rib with baked potatoe, mushrooms, asparagus, warm bread, and fine wine.

Just my 2 cents.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #80504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
My idea of a great GC is more of campfires and potlucks and less of organized activities. GCs are located hundreds and hundreds of miles from mutants' usual stomping grounds so day trips with fellow mutants are high on almost everyone's lists. Wake up, travel and eat, and then revel in the hilarious time around a campfire. Maybe 2 or 3 potlucks sometimes starting about 11/2 hours before sunset each time.

I volunteer to buy and cook hamburgers (on someone's grill). We could go together and buy a standing rib roast and have a slowly cooked prime rib with baked potatoe, mushrooms, asparagus, warm bread, and fine wine.

Just my 2 cents.
Well said PaPaw!

Also, continued Ohmmsss for Barb & Di & others in need.

Wayne, if y'all can tolerate our idea of an EZ breakfast, without my spouses approval, I will commit to "cooking" a meal of Donuts, Cinnamon Rolls, & Danish paired with Juice & Milk. BYO Coffee or other necessities.. Welcome to our world in a "Micro Coach"..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #80505
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
RE: Nametags. Carol and I joined in January of 2014, somewhere around page 692 of the thread (according to my computer) and around post 9000-something.
I knew that! But thanks, now I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. There is so much to do in the surrounding countryside and towns, all within about 60 miles if Johnson City. Some may like one place to explore and some others may like some other place.

The Weather should be nice but tour may be driven by the weather. If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait 5 minutes.

Natural Bridge Cavern
The River Walk
Canyon Lake and River Road (combined as they are close together.)
LBJ Library
Gruene, TX
The Missions

Are some of our likes.

Canyon Lake Dam is just a quick, here it is and take some pictures. The ride down river road is about 1 hour and it could be combined with stopping in Gruene. All of that can be done in one day.

The River Walk is long but they have a boat ride that is worth the 6 or so bucks. Much better viewing and with guide. The majority of what to see on the River Walk is right their by the Alamo (left and right). If you want to walk the entire River Walk bring your long walking shoes.

Parking is right behind the Alamo but their price went up to $20 a day. Load a car up and split the fare. (Or let Tim pay.)
Handicap parking at meters is free in Texas.

The Mission Trail is about a half a day, give or take depending on how much time one wants to spend at each one. The mission churches are active and are beautiful inside. Pictures are allowed.

The missions are:

The Alamo
Mission concepcion
Mission San Jose
Mission San Francisco

Mission San Juan
Mission Espada

If one wishes to not take the mission tour you can read about them HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Well said PaPaw!

Also, continued Ohmmsss for Barb & Di & others in need.

Wayne, if y'all can tolerate our idea of an EZ breakfast, without my spouses approval, I will commit to "cooking" a meal of Donuts, Cinnamon Rolls, & Danish paired with Juice & Milk. BYO Coffee or other necessities.. Welcome to our world in a "Micro Coach"..

You're on!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #80506
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Would those that have signed up for the Texas GC please take a look at the web page <http://www.irv2.com/forums/f39/rv-mutants-rally-april-2019-a-412849.html> and verify your dates of arrival and departure. Once I get an update from y'all I'll give a call and make any necessary changes.

Carl they have you coming in on the 17th but I saw where you indicated the 15th. Which is it? Everyone, please check.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #80507
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This evening's meal: INSTANT POT SEAFOOD GUMBO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gumbo.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	557.1 KB
ID:	233126  
Old 01-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #80508

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
This evening's meal: INSTANT POT SEAFOOD GUMBO
Gumbo looks good, also the dates listed on first post of rally thread are correct!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #80509

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Would those that have signed up for the Texas GC please take a look at the web page <http://www.irv2.com/forums/f39/rv-mutants-rally-april-2019-a-412849.html> and verify your dates of arrival and departure. Once I get an update from y'all I'll give a call and make any necessary changes.

Carl they have you coming in on the 17th but I saw where you indicated the 15th. Which is it? Everyone, please check.
Who are "they"?
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #80510

Carl.... you know Wayne cant tell you who THEY are.... remember he worked at NASA, and THEY are a secretive krewe.....

did you go to GASPARILLA?
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 PM   #80511

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Who are "they"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Carl.... you know Wayne cant tell you who THEY are.... remember he worked at NASA, and THEY are a secretive krewe.....

All I can tell you is
They are out there!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #80512

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

No Gasparilla, they all looked like professional pirates!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:30 AM   #80513

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wayne, I'm unable to attend but how does one go about getting the official name tag?
OCREF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:52 AM   #80514

Our listed dates are correct (in a cabin).
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »