RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 07:50 PM   #80739

I prefer to park between Wayne and Tim. Iím a good referee!
And Wayne has a dog!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #80740
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Electric and toilet, that's full hookups!

I'm sure the excitement is building...heading back south tomorrow, need to plan a trip over to your place soon...
Hey, don’t forget trash service! Around here it's much more important than electric. But then the diapers add up quickly.

So Di, is anyone venturing a guess for your move in date? Construction is fun to watch. Well, at least if there are some cute, we’ll muscled, shirtless workers on the job.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #80741

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Electric and toilet, that's full hookups!

I'm sure the excitement is building...heading back south tomorrow, need to plan a trip over to your place soon...
Carl, let's do the trip together. Contact us for a date.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #80742

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
OK, sounds like a plan...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #80743
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

I'm jealous!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #80744

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

I'm jealous!
And well you should be!
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #80745

Vintage RV Owners Club
So...off the topic...but Bob and I are thinking of doing an Alaskan cruise in August for our anniversary. However, I'd like a cruise that does inland tour stuff too...I'd like to see the coastal areas and some of the inland areas... Whose done this? I seem to recall Papa Steve and Mary Ann going on an Alaskan adventure...I believe I read their blog about it...but don't recall if they explored more than port towns.... Anyone else feel free to impart your knowledge on the subject!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:59 AM   #80746

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So...off the topic...but Bob and I are thinking of doing an Alaskan cruise in August for our anniversary. However, I'd like a cruise that does inland tour stuff too...I'd like to see the coastal areas and some of the inland areas... Whose done this? I seem to recall Papa Steve and Mary Ann going on an Alaskan adventure...I believe I read their blog about it...but don't recall if they explored more than port towns.... Anyone else feel free to impart your knowledge on the subject!

We did...... flew to anchorage, then train to Homer, then cruised down to Seattle....

Goall the way up.... the inside passage cruises just do half up, then half back......

We did tours at some ports, some we just walked the area....

IAm babysitting, whill get you more info tomorrow....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42 AM   #80747

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Our trip to Alaska blog can be viewed at indianatoalaska2013.blogspot.com. It needs to be read in reverse order (see the dates to the right on the title page).

We cruised on Norwegian Cruise Line out of Seattle. Took the seven day roundtrip cruise to the port towns that can't be reached by MH and car. We didn't cruise to Anchorage because we knew we were going to drive to Alaska after the cruise. However, they offer longer cruises that include visits to Anchorage and Denali NP. The cruise line can line up excursions at every one of the ports along the way up. Each one we paid for was worth the money to get a small glimpse of life in these small towns and it's possible to arrange trips as you go BUT if you're on a self-planned excursion and you have trouble getting back to the ship on time, wave goodbye to the ship as it pulls out without you. One of our prepaid trips experienced delays and the ship sat there waiting for our return.

We have enjoyed all of our trips around the 50 states but Alaska sits on top of the list for awe-striking beauty and wonder around every turn. We'd encourage you to spend as much time in Alaska as you can afford. It's worth every dollar you spend on yourselves.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #80748
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have heard that you can take the Alaska inside Passage ferry and get off at any port, explore for as long as you like and then catch the next ferry. They have cabins you can book on the ferry, but it lacks the glitz and glamour of a cruise line. You can take a vehicle or just walk on. It's also called the poor man's Alaska cruise.

Google "alaska inside passage ferry" for more info.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #80749

Fleetwood Owners Club
Marty, we did the Carnival Cruise with excursions and had a great time. Whale watching was good too. Not as much fun as submarine watching but fun!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:57 AM   #80750

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Well, gang, This month is my bonus month, Dr's gave me, till this month with my brain tumor. I'm feeling great, low energy, manageable though. Looking forward our camping group has our monthly camping schedule out to August. We took a break from ST.L cold weather and flew to sunny, warm Ft. Myers, for the week. Can't wait until this global warming phenomena kicks in. Here is to everyone's health, and safe travels where ever you are.
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #80751

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
Well, gang, This month is my bonus month, Dr's gave me, till this month with my brain tumor. I'm feeling great, low energy, manageable though. Looking forward our camping group has our monthly camping schedule out to August. We took a break from ST.L cold weather and flew to sunny, warm Ft. Myers, for the week. Can't wait until this global warming phenomena kicks in. Here is to everyone's health, and safe travels where ever you are.
Bonus month, sounds great, warm and sunny sounds good too. Enjoy each and every day for tomorrow is not promised for any of us.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #80752

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
Congratulations on your bonus and best wishes!! Charles.