Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 PM   #81075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
A while back we had a going away party for those mutants still in the Yuma part of the world. It was a grand time and we all enjoyed the meet and greet.
Look at all those amazing Mutant smiles! What a blast that musta been!

I 'specially like the grin brought on by Barb's new sign. What a great grin & a great gift!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 11:26 PM   #81076

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Jim now has the cast off, to start p t soon. Paula to start radiation therapy next Monday. We'll be tied down in Yuma to July.
Be safe out there.
Jim,

I hope Paula has given away or sold all your ladders. I would insiste you stay grounded for life.

Paula,

Sounds like an easier path than it could have been. Know that we are sending healing Ohmms daily for you both!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #81077

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Jim,

I hope Paula has given away or sold all your ladders. I would insiste you stay grounded for life.

Paula,

Sounds like an easier path than it could have been. Know that we are sending healing Ohmms daily for you both!
Hey how come I didn't know about this sale? I need a ladder to get my shades on and off. When we catch up to Dave and Carol again I will check out his newer magna shades and see if they are a possibility for us.

Paula and Jim we will be back again next year to terrorize you again so please stay safe.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #81078

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Hey how come I didn't know about this sale? I need a ladder to get my shades on and off. When we catch up to Dave and Carol again I will check out his newer magna shades and see if they are a possibility for us.

Paula and Jim we will be back again next year to terrorize you again so please stay safe.
Sounds like a plan. Enjoy Texas GC, and all those mutant shenanigans for
us.
Be careful and drive safe.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #81079

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shenanigans! Never! We’ll save those up for y’all! Just get better soon!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:53 PM   #81080

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wonder if Shenanigans the old TV game show is available online anywhere?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:24 AM   #81081

To all of you needing ooooohhhhhmmmmmsss the generator continues to churn them out , to youse that are traveling we will join in on Monday mid morning , to youse that are parked rest up y'all are gonna need it ....
Hey Barb .... Marcia and I saw Connie and Smarty and your apartment on wheels as we were rolling along last week we gave ya a double blast toot on the Beavers air horns , did ja hear em ?
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #81082

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
To all of you needing ooooohhhhhmmmmmsss the generator continues to churn them out , to youse that are traveling we will join in on Monday mid morning , to youse that are parked rest up y'all are gonna need it ....
Hey Barb .... Marcia and I saw Connie and Smarty and your apartment on wheels as we were rolling along last week we gave ya a double blast toot on the Beavers air horns , did ja hear em ?

Yes, lots of ommmmmmms to all.... and they are delivering my new house and setting it on the stilts tomorrow... omms for the workers as well as the new abode.... nerves, excitement, camera batteries charged.. will be across the street in the RV having a watch party.... expect photos here and on facebook....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1217.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	240215
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:12 AM   #81083
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Whoooopppppeeee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #81084

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Yes, lots of ommmmmmms to all.... and they are delivering my new house and setting it on the stilts tomorrow... omms for the workers as well as the new abode.... nerves, excitement, camera batteries charged.. will be across the street in the RV having a watch party.... expect photos here and on facebook....

Attachment 240215

It’s got to be exciting times for all mutants!
Old 03-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #81085

Fleetwood Owners Club
Are those temporary supports in between some of the stilts? Bet there's some interesting reinforcing bars inside some of the upper corners...love to hear more about that from a structural standpoint (yeah, inner engineer sneaking out - I would have probably gone into engineering instead of architecture if my math skills had been better...hey, I originally wanted to be an auto mechanic so I played with old cars for a hobby)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #81086

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Are those temporary supports in between some of the stilts? Bet there's some interesting reinforcing bars inside some of the upper corners...love to hear more about that from a structural standpoint (yeah, inner engineer sneaking out - I would have probably gone into engineering instead of architecture if my math skills had been better...hey, I originally wanted to be an auto mechanic so I played with old cars for a hobby)

Yes Dave.... both of my sons have undergrad engineering degrees before they went to med schools, my ex was a draftsman and then a contractor, so the process was not greek to me...

it has been very interesting... this part of Florida is a solid limestone base.... the canals were dug by Corps of Engineers years ago.... these are fresh water, spring fed.

1They dug out for footings, put rebar in, then poured those...

2 Came back in and laid the block,,, then more rebar, which was tied at the top and bottom

3 set the lintels and then put more rebar in, each of those were tied in to the upright rebar along with concrete supports to raise the rebar to center

The temp blocks were support until it could all cure....

This was all fascinating because there were 20 workers and ALL of this block was done in one day...

4then using a concrete pump they filled every single upright and lintel... and set the straps for tie in....

5 then it got inspected, then they came back and filled some voids in with concrete.....

6 tomorrow the house will come in on 3 trucks... it was factory built modular

Rated for class V, which is the highest.

The underneath of the house will be open parking, and storage and patio area.

Already have hammock, swing chairs, and kid swings...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:13 PM   #81087

Fleetwood Owners Club
Attention Carl, this question comes from Mary, as she will be travaling with a group of old hotties and without ME!

They was looking for a town to stop in somewhere between Milford and New London. They'll be staying in motels as they travel and want to see Old, Historic, "Fun little towns". Knowing you tour many areas do you have any suggestions?

Actually if anyone has suggestions we would like to know them. I don't get to go but I get to help plan it! Go figure.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:48 PM   #81088

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Traveling from west to east, these are the "smaller" towns along the coast -

Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook, all of which are probably good tourist traps.

It's only like 90 minutes from Milford to New London along 95. I'm only familiar with Old Saybrook as I knew someone who lived there.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote