RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #81341
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
[...]

What luck!

Stay safe Mutants! Oh and out of trouble!

Funny how you seem to fall into the slop of cow dung and come out smelling like a pansy flower Must be Mary's good vibesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
[...] Took a good 11 or so hours to get out of Texas.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Oh! So you took the short cut! Good deal.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #81342

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Funny how you seem to fall into the slop of cow dung and come out smelling like a pansy flower Must be Mary's good vibesl

Oh! So you took the short cut! Good deal.
Sheesh, only took me 6 or 7...and Honey was working hard...but I went straight north, and stayed in Oklahoma for the night. You must have angled Northeast...and gone through the rest of hill country...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #81343

So Martin sets up an appointment w/ the tire guy, who has the correct Michelin tire. No, we won't drive it; no, don't tow it; yes, we will pay the call out charge. He'll be here (address & site # given) at 9:30 a.m. I heard all this.

Tick tock ... 9:30 comes & goes,10:00 the same, so going on 11:00 Martin phones. "Oh! We were expecting you here in the shop at 9:00."

He'll call when he's on the way. Sigh.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood .... cue music ....
Old 04-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #81344
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Other than rain, hills, curves and no cell service (meaning no trip routing) our trip to Houston was uneventful. Of course it took MUCH longer than mapping said it should.

My brother, Adam, is leasing a house that got 29” of water inside during hurricane Harvey. The lower floor got completely remodeled. Many of the neighbors have not yet rebuilt, and several are just now being demolished.

We'll leave here Sunday morning before traffic becomes a nightmare. The drive here sure made me miss southern Arizona highways.

We miss y'all and all the fun we had at the GC. Thanks Earlene and Wayne! Ok, so where will the next GC be? Who's brave enough to plan the next one? Who all is coming out to the Pacific Northwest this summer?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #81345

New tire fitted so we're fit to leave tomorrow. Turns out this dealer is a party to the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program so, whilst the tech. was on the job, I contacted Michelin and went through the hoops of registering my credit card with them. End result: over $200 discount. The warranty issue still has to be resolved.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #81346
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Way to go! Now Sue has more money to spend.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #81347

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dennis and Denise made it...took a bit longer than they figured, and about 3 miles out of town it appears their rear airbags failed... But, after Bob and Dennis looked underneath, hopefully the connector to the way they fill just became disconnected and it could be an easy fix...or not.. anyway, gave them my best numbers for RV fix it guys in the area...and had a nice meal at Beethoven"s German Restaurant...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190426_185357088.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	243681
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #81348

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
New tire fitted so we're fit to leave tomorrow. Turns out this dealer is a party to the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program so, whilst the tech. was on the job, I contacted Michelin and went through the hoops of registering my credit card with them. End result: over $200 discount. The warranty issue still has to be resolved.
Glad you got the tire problem resolved, Martin & Sue, and are good to go!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #81349

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dennis and Denise made it...took a bit longer than they figured, and about 3 miles out of town it appears their rear airbags failed... But, after Bob and Dennis looked underneath, hopefully the connector to the way they fill just became disconnected and it could be an easy fix...or not.. anyway, gave them my best numbers for RV fix it guys in the area...and had a nice meal at Beethoven"s German Restaurant...

Attachment 243681
Just so you know, I helped empty your Tupperware dish!

Hi Bob, we missed you!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:19 PM   #81350
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only thing that all RVs have in common is that they love to prank us with all sorts of little and big issues. Sue and Martin are back on the road just in time for the Eez Moose crew to develop a hopefully small problem. I sure hope I'm not next.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:12 PM   #81351

Fleetwood Owners Club
We're settled in for a couple of days just south of Ardmore OK. Trying to decide if this place would be suitable for a future GC. Will list pros and cons later.

Speaking of little RV problems - we seem to have lost our brake lights on both coach and trailer (thanks Ed for the warning back in Austin) so that is Saturday's project.

Drive through Fort Worth was interesting. I'm still impressed with how many of the highway overpasses and retaining walls in the Southwest are decorated with art motifs - Indiana is lucky to get a state symbol imprinted in the concrete and the steel painted.

Stopped at a Cabella's parking lot for a lunch break - huge store (from the outside), huge parking lot with lots of landscaping, very park-like. They must sell a LOT of outdoor gear... One lot had an 'RV Parking' sign but it was blocked off so I pulled into one with a 'no trucks' logo sign instead... Had a pond with several piers (test drive your new fishing gear on site?). Also 'NO Overnight Parking' signs all over the place - Cabella's idea or local ordinance, I wonder.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:08 AM   #81352

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
So we finally arrived at the Lazy L RV park in Sherman after 300 miles including wheel to wheel battles through Austin and Dallas, ready for registration and a well deserved nap. On exiting the rig we find a darn great barnacle on the sidewall of the curbside tire looking ready to burst. It had disappeared by the time we had finished signing in, leaving a large blister.

We've located a local tire shop who has this size of Michelin in stock and will come out tomorrow morning. I suppose I should consider changing both fronts but at over $700 per maybe not since they are relatively young and low mileage.

I will now study the terms of the Michelin warranty as this does look like a manufacturing defect.Attachment 243528
Martin I know the tires are expensive, but it would be wise to change both fronts at the same time, I know you don't want a steer tire blow out.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:09 AM   #81353

Fleetwood Owners Club
And now for something completely different. I found the perfect paint job for Barb's Smarty...
Attached Images

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:10 AM   #81354

Spartan Chassis
Eez Moose Update

We had an issue with the back airbags and have been sitting in a parking lot (Thanks Walmart) overnight pondering a huge cash outlay.

Bob and Marty gave us a number for a mobile service tech but he didn't do chassis work; only interior stuff.

He put us on to Dan's Truck and Trailer and even though closed they sent out a service guy (Owner's son) to evalute our problem.

Turns out it was a broken rod connector between the inflate valve for the back airbags and the actuator gizmo. He's off to get a new one and we should be back on the road by noon.

Bob has a good eye he spotted the hanging rod when we were checking out the unit last evening.

Now awaiting Jamie's return with the new part and getting it installed.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote