RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 PM   #81369

Spartan Chassis
Earlene, Mizzie loves the small that she traded Miya for when we left your place. The antics she performs while using it while we travel and in the evening when she takes naps is hilarious. Thanks for doing the swap for her.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 08:41 PM   #81370
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And if you give Irene a hard time you'll be using it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #81371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Martin, we are in a small town a little west of St Louis and residing in one of Barbs favorite camping locations.
And that is where?. We are booked into the Historic Route 66 KOA for one night, thence onto the final leg home.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #81372
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
And now for something completely different. I found the perfect paint job for Barb's Smarty...
Aw, he’s cute! But that's a boys paint job and Smarty is a girl. I saw one last week with false eyelashes and a pink bow. You have to have a thick skin and a sense of humor to drive a Smart.

BTW my brother, Adam, has an electric Smart, but he's gray. We took it to Costco today. Adam was nervous about how we'd get everything we bought into the car and still have room for me. That's when I knew how little he must drive his Smart. I got it all in with room to spare.

That will soon become his teenage son's car. I'm not sipure Kohl's skin is thick enough yet.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #81373

Fleetwood Owners Club
One of Barb's favorite camping spots

Dennis, would that be a Lowe's or an abandoned gas station?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #81374
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Martin, we are in a small town a little west of St Louis and residing in one of Barbs favorite camping locations.
Notta Ranch is no where near St Louis!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #81375
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dave, you know me so well!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:07 AM   #81376

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
And that is where?. We are booked into the Historic Route 66 KOA for one night, thence onto the final leg home.
We are behind you in a place called Wentzville. The running lights on the car are not working properly so once it gets close to dark I find some place to park. Signals, brakes and emergency all work but no running lights.

Quote:
Lowe's with free wifi. We learned a lot from Barb and crew this past while. Now off to see Scott and Mariella RVM#185, Hope to cross Illinois today in a quick not so hurry.

Please someone start planning the next GC Irene is going through 'Mutant' withdrawal already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Notta Ranch is no where near St Louis!
Could be St Louis is bigger than you realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave, you know me so well!
I thought you would pick up on my insinuation quicker than that.

Hopefully will be with Scott and Mariella later today.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:19 AM   #81377

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Glad to hear others travels are progressing or done.

Yesterday we made it to Harrisburg so its a pretty short trip home from here. Unfortunately the weather is no longer nice, raining.

Stayed overnight at a T/A, only place I could find a spot was to drive in. So this mornings wake up included unhooking the car, backing out and reassemble. But were off and running, birdies are looking forward to being back (they told me so )
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #81378

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Been Busy...Here's an Update

It has been a crazy, busy time since the beginning of the month. On April 3rd we knew that Sandee's dad was in his final stages so we covered nearly 800 miles in 19 hours and arrived on a side street next to his home at 1 A.M. on the 4th. It was a tough slog but it was worth it. He was still cognizant for most of the 4th and Sandee along with her 2 brothers got to spend lots of time with him. Rufus passed away in the early afternoon of the 5th. He was a good man, had a good life but was ready to be with his bride whom he missed for over 4.5 years.

Of course, there were all the phone calls and communications with other family members about funeral plans and such. Sandee is also the executor but Rufus hand all the important things taken care of but there will be a little bit of probate work to be done but nothing crazy.

We have leaned the value of the RV life style! You can't imagine how much "stuff" can be stuffed into a 1100 sq ft home, attic and a 3 car shop/garage with its own attic. LOL That won't happen when we have set sail on our last road trip. We filled 2 HUGE roll off garbage haulers with all manner of things that didn't fare will in storage or were just put away for "what/when ever" they might be needed. This is not uncommon for those that were raised during the great depression and you can't fault them. let's just say the we may have a multi weekend estate-garage sale.

The weather here in central IL (near Sue & Martin's homestead) has been atrocious for much of the time. However, being with family has been warming to Sandee's heart.

This year will probably find us close to Champaign, IL for most of the summer and early fall. We had other plans but life events change things when you least want or expect them. However, the does give me the opportunity to accomplish a few big projects. I'm doing major upgrades to the water system including a hole house reverse osmosis system, new SeeLevel tank readouts, and other projects.

Sandee will also be busy with her functions as executor. She will be managing the garage sales and final disposal of items not sold or taken by family members. She will also be managing the prep and sale of the home. Her youngest brother is hugely involved in the process and providing here the family support she needs during the entire process.

So...we are doing well. We adapt and overcome these bumps in the road with love of our RV lifestyle.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #81379

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It has been a crazy, busy time since the beginning of the month. On April 3rd we knew that Sandee's dad was in his final stages so we covered nearly 800 miles in 19 hours and arrived on a side street next to his home at 1 A.M. on the 4th. It was a tough slog but it was worth it. He was still cognizant for most of the 4th and Sandee along with her 2 brothers got to spend lots of time with him. Rufus passed away in the early afternoon of the 5th. He was a good man, had a good life but was ready to be with his bride whom he missed for over 4.5 years.

Of course, there were all the phone calls and communications with other family members about funeral plans and such. Sandee is also the executor but Rufus hand all the important things taken care of but there will be a little bit of probate work to be done but nothing crazy.

We have leaned the value of the RV life style! You can't imagine how much "stuff" can be stuffed into a 1100 sq ft home, attic and a 3 car shop/garage with its own attic. LOL That won't happen when we have set sail on our last road trip. We filled 2 HUGE roll off garbage haulers with all manner of things that didn't fare will in storage or were just put away for "what/when ever" they might be needed. This is not uncommon for those that were raised during the great depression and you can't fault them. let's just say the we may have a multi weekend estate-garage sale.

The weather here in central IL (near Sue & Martin's homestead) has been atrocious for much of the time. However, being with family has been warming to Sandee's heart.

This year will probably find us close to Champaign, IL for most of the summer and early fall. We had other plans but life events change things when you least want or expect them. However, the does give me the opportunity to accomplish a few big projects. I'm doing major upgrades to the water system including a hole house reverse osmosis system, new SeeLevel tank readouts, and other projects.

Sandee will also be busy with her functions as executor. She will be managing the garage sales and final disposal of items not sold or taken by family members. She will also be managing the prep and sale of the home. Her youngest brother is hugely involved in the process and providing here the family support she needs during the entire process.

So...we are doing well. We adapt and overcome these bumps in the road with love of our RV lifestyle.
Most of us with parents who lived in the depression certainly can relate...my dad had dead lightbulbs stuck up in the cross supports of the basement ceiling...mom had around 200 rolls of toilet paper stashed inthebasement ..you never know what you are gonna find...lol!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #81380

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Most of us with parents who lived in the depression certainly can relate...my dad had dead lightbulbs stuck up in the cross supports of the basement ceiling...mom had around 200 rolls of toilet paper stashed inthebasement ..you never know what you are gonna find...lol!
Marty were those light bulbs fit tightly on the supports? We learned at San Antonio that glass bottles were placed between supports on a bridge to detect stress overload during the moving of a large building. Maybe your dad was worried about sagging ceilings?? Snapped light bulbs could forewarn of future problems! The toilet paper is priceless, especially when you don't have any!
Old 04-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #81381

Back on the road again, near Noel, MO, in the SW corner of the state, rocks to the left & a river to the right. The river was busy w/ kayaker & tubers.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_160606.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	243850

The carving is above the table where we ate at Mad Dog's Pub on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. ("Only mad dogs & Englishmen go out in the noonday sun.")

Name:	20190426_005000.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	243851

The rest are on the picnic area walkway at the MO rest area east of Springfield & north of Branson. Kudos to the design team!

Name:	20190428_111717.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	243852

Name:	20190428_104618.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	243854

Name:	20190428_104819.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	243855

Name:	20190428_111504.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	243856

Dogwoods & redbuds are blooming as we drive backward through the season. One more overnight & then we'll see if the tulips are still blooming & whether the asparagus is ready.

Cheers & safe travels to mutants everywhere. Missing my tribe, of course, but boy! is it ever quiet around here!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #81382

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lol...no...he carefully put them in the corrigated boxes the new ones came from when he had to replace a bulb...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote