RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #81481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Oh it got worse. Shut the damn rv door and it locked.... all jeys inside as well as equipment and the dogs... broke the window and crawled thru after 6 calls to locksmiths all went to voicemails....

Tired, cut up, but we are sleeping in the new bed... at least the furniture delivery went good....
Oh, Di! What a nightmare ... or series of same! Glad you have a good bed to crawl into!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 05:39 AM   #81482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oh, Di! What a nightmare ... or series of same! Glad you have a good bed to crawl into!

As we were getting into bed, larry said he tried the door one more time while i was in the house showering all of the safety glass...

Lock is still jammed, so in order to get in again, i have to crawl in again.... sore from the firt climb in and fall.....

Plus clean up. Plus salvage refig...

Prayers needed today.... for many many others too on here, many more need than worse than i do, cause we are physically ok...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 AM   #81483

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Your RV door locks without using the key? I need to check that...think I've actually locked the RV when we went somewhere once in the last 6 months...only because we had never been at this campground before...
Oh yes, they can, it happened to us several years ago in our previous rig down at Sea Rim TX. We had parked in a site and decided to walk up to the front to put the fee into the honesty box. Somehow the inside door lock had been set and slamming the door shut did not unset it. No locksmith interested in coming out so I had to force an adjacent window to reach in and unlock - all the while being attacked by an angry swarm of mosquitoes. That's why, ever since, we carry a spare set of keys in a magnetic box accessible from the outside. Once bitten, .........
So sorry to hear of your travails, Di, and good luck in your new house. Please say Hi to Larry from me.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #81484

Fleetwood Owners Club
I know Sundays are for rest and all...but no posts all day?
My brother and his wife stopped by today for a visit and going out for dinner. Caught up on what each other's kids and grandkids are doing.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #81485

Quote:
I know Sundays are for rest and all...but no posts all day?
My brother and his wife stopped by today for a visit and going out for dinner. Caught up on what each other's kids and grandkids are doing.
No rest for the wicked mutant! We're still organizing & stowing all the stuff brought in from the rig, plus had a visit from our farmer & his wife & also from a friend & her husband & teenage son. It was a perfect day for sitting on the deck, only about the 2nd this spring, they tell me.

Friend & son & I went "stalking the wild asparagus", as per the late author Euell Gibbons, while Martin & friend's DH talked RVs & induction cookers. Son, who has been doing this annually w/ us for several years, must have picked upwards of 4 lbs. He has a good eye for it. His mom & I got maybe 2 lbs each.

Mm-mmm, supper! Steamed tonight, cream of asparagus soup another day.

Sweet dreams all, & ommms & mohmmms for those who need them! Where's my magic wand when I need it?!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #81486
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Your RV door locks without using the key? I need to check that...think I've actually locked the RV when we went somewhere once in the last 6 months...only because we had never been at this campground before...
I read somewhere that thieves typically cost you more $ by breaking into your RV than they are able to steal. Now I only lock my RV doors when I or the fur kids are inside. I lock the bay doors to keep Sena out. Good luck finding anything worth stealing amongst our clutter.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #81487
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have ditched the giant tin foil hat and am once again technology enabled. We are in Oklahoma City now for a few days and I have 4 bars on my phone. That's signal strength bars, not places to consume adult beverages, Dennis.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #81488

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I have ditched the giant tin foil hat and am once again technology enabled. We are in Oklahoma City now for a few days and I have 4 bars on my phone. That's signal strength bars, not places to consume adult beverages, Dennis.
EithEr way Life is Good.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #81489

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome back to civilization Barb.

Still in Effingham ILL for another day. Heartily recommend Nemerg's (sp?) restaurant if you're in the area, good food at decent prices, in business since 1978.

Finally got my brake lights working again, it was the switch in the brake pedal apparently burned out. Bit of scorch mark on the terminal connector but it works OK now, trailer brakes too. Now I have to check the front brakes for a little grinding sound, may have worn down the pads or warped the rotors while driving without trailer brakes (if it isn't one thing...).
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 PM   #81490

Quote:

Still in Effingham ILL for another day. Heartily recommend Nemerg's (sp?) restaurant if you're in the area, good food at decent prices, in business since 1978.

Finally got my brake lights working again, it was the switch in the brake pedal apparently burned out. Bit of scorch mark on the terminal connector but it works OK now, trailer brakes too. Now I have to check the front brakes for a little grinding sound, may have worn down the pads or warped the rotors while driving without trailer brakes (if it isn't one thing...).
I second the notion on Niemerg's. Good place. A billboard on northbound I-57, south of Effingham, helps you find it.

Good detective work on the brakes, sir. Congratulations! And ain't it da trooooth about it being, if not one thing, then another! Such is the RVers life.

So, be safe, enjoy the rest of the trip, & we'll see you some other time on the rainbow. Between Champaign, Sidney, Mattoon, & Indy there's gotta be a good mutant meeting place. Food must be involved, probably.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:32 AM   #81491

Happy Birthday Barb.... and others May babies.... for the next couple of weeks I will be like a bee.....
Final inspection was ok.... will get the Certificate of Occupancy today...... moving time.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:45 AM   #81492

Quote:
Happy Birthday Barb.... and others May babies.... for the next couple of weeks I will be like a bee.....
Final inspection was ok.... will get the Certificate of Occupancy today...... moving time.....

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

You made me absolutely speechless the last few days -

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:16 AM   #81493

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Wahooo!!!!

We'll get the grand tour later this year!!!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #81494

Quote:

Dave, another eatery recommendation for you: Richard's Farm restaurant, east of you near Casey IL. Very rustic, in a converted 1930s barn. I recall the street parking was a little tight so go by car.