RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #81523
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sometimes "Good Fortune " just dosn't last long enough.

Welcome back Wayne.
Yup yup yup


X2
__________________
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #81524
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Watch out! I'm back!
There goes the neighborhood. Again.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #81525
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Watch out! I'm back!
Well, at least our post count will be up again. It was a bit quiet here.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #81526
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,091
I'll post my side of the story: (If they let me).

Not any one's personal problem, mostly just software. Prior to RV Life I logged into several forums using separate ID's and Passwords. It's just my previous life as an IT Security Specialist. I never intentionally used multiple ID's anywhere and only supplied an email address when asked for it.

In communications with the powers to be I was informed that I had multiple accounts. I am assuming that this is a roll over from past accounts into RV Life. It also appears that this confused the software for RV Life and, as simple as I can put it, blocked me out. So after many communications the problem is fixed. I now have one email UID and one PW for all RV Life web sites.

Now I just have to remember which of the 15 or so email addresses I used. Oh! Did I mention I worked in IT Security.

BTW, I use a password manager for all my account logins. I have a couple hundred of them since the early 80's. I can remember 80+ percent of them. Ask me how I do it sometimes, it's easy.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #81527
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,091
Okay! I know someone will ask for it:

Password Algorithm

Don't use mine.


BTW, RV Life informed me that only one site stores the PW, RV Life. So if you are a user of many of their forums you only need to change your password in one place and it will be changed in all.

I do have a concern with that. Since RV Life is a social media system, a compromise of the passwords could result in the attacker posting false information on many of the RV Life sites. For example: One compromise could result in false reviews on "campgroundreviews.com," A site that I personally only visit on occasion when traveling, and post reviews. Unless I looked up a specific campground site that had the false information I would not know of the compromise. Maybe I think to much "out of the box."
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #81528
Senior Member
 
Randm Musing's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
BTW, RV Life informed me that only one site stores the PW, RV Life. So if you are a user of many of their forums you only need to change your password in one place and it will be changed in all.

I do have a concern with that. Since RV Life is a social media system, a compromise of the passwords could result in the attacker posting false information on many of the RV Life sites. For example: One compromise could result in false reviews on "campgroundreviews.com," A site that I personally only visit on occasion when traveling, and post reviews. Unless I looked up a specific campground site that had the false information I would not know of the compromise. Maybe I think to much "out of the box."
I cut my teeth on an ibm mianframe in 1975, and am equally paranoid.
__________________
1994 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite Air Ride Spartan EC2000 Chassis
Cummins B5.9 12V Diesel Pusher, Allison M3060 transmission. Charles, RVM174, Looking for the rainbow!!
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #81529
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randm Musing View Post
I cut my teeth on an ibm mianframe in 1975, and am equally paranoid.

If memory serves: The workhorse printer in that era was an IBM 1403 series...

But did you know, it was part of a set of computers. Namely, the 1401 processor, 1402 card reader/punch, and it is paired with the 1403. That must have been around 1969.

In my early days, security was by "Ignorance & physical possession".
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #81530
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,598
$20/month unlimited internet is back

From AT&T, not using the ZTE Mobley anymore, they switched over to the Harman Spark (an OBDII connector that is the wifi/data modem).

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car.html

If you need it, this is a great plan. I have the original one and it works great, throughout my travels. Only Oregon posed any issue with "dead spots". Otherwise, I stream constantly on it.
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #81531
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'll post my side of the story: (If they let me).

Not any one's personal problem, mostly just software. Prior to RV Life I logged into several forums using separate ID's and Passwords. It's just my previous life as an IT Security Specialist. I never intentionally used multiple ID's anywhere and only supplied an email address when asked for it.

In communications with the powers to be I was informed that I had multiple accounts. I am assuming that this is a roll over from past accounts into RV Life. It also appears that this confused the software for RV Life and, as simple as I can put it, blocked me out. So after many communications the problem is fixed. I now have one email UID and one PW for all RV Life web sites.

Now I just have to remember which of the 15 or so email addresses I used. Oh! Did I mention I worked in IT Security.

BTW, I use a password manager for all my account logins. I have a couple hundred of them since the early 80's. I can remember 80+ percent of them. Ask me how I do it sometimes, it's easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randm Musing View Post
I cut my teeth on an ibm mianframe in 1975, and am equally paranoid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
If memory serves: The workhorse printer in that era was an IBM 1403 series...

But did you know, it was part of a set of computers. Namely, the 1401 processor, 1402 card reader/punch, and it is paired with the 1403. That must have been around 1969.

In my early days, security was by "Ignorance & physical possession".

Ever wonder about, what Old Geeks talk about?
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #81532
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ever wonder about, what Old Geeks talk about?

Yes, guilty, I was the classic geek always had my pocket protector with pen, pencil & the RPG template handy!

And, since I only spoke "Geek", there were very few that understood me..
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #81533
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Yes, guilty, I was the classic geek always had my pocket protector with pen, pencil & the RPG template handy!

And, since I only spoke "Geek", there were very few that understood me..

Has anyone ever used, or even seen these???

Maybe I can find someone that I can talk to...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rpg_template_1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	245454   Click image for larger version

Name:	rpg_template_2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	245455  

__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #81534
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ever wonder about, what Old Geeks talk about?


roflmao........
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #81535
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Has anyone ever used, or even seen these???

Maybe I can find someone that I can talk to...
LOL

Only in school, no one I worked for ever used it!
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #81536
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 16,398
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Yes, guilty, I was the classic geek always had my pocket protector with pen, pencil & the RPG template handy!



And, since I only spoke "Geek", there were very few that understood me..


Yes!
Pocket protector armed with code cards, tiny screwdriver, halorith gauge, tiny flashlight, and a relay contact buffer.
Officially, we techs mostly repaired stuff by either reforming relay contacts or lubricating mechanicals. We techs called it bending and oiling!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
TOM GUY
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.