RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2019, 09:02 AM   #81733
Senior Member
 
bob caldwell's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver Wash
Posts: 6,887
And pick fly poop out of the pepper....
__________________
2010 Rockwood Sig Ultra lite 5er 8280......'99 Ram 2500, Cummins. 4x4.....Pullrite Superglide.........
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #81734
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Speaking of pulling up jacks, we are going to get a later start this year heading for cooler country. Earlene had cataract surgery on May 16th and she is in follow-up mode until after the 6th of June. I'm waiting on some new selective hearing aids and fuzzy glasses so I can't see ugly. (Not Earlene)

BTW, her cataract surgery has gone well. At the 2 week check-up they gave her a 20/20 report but she will still needs 1.25 or so readers. Now, besides being able to hear a fly toot on top of a flag pole, she'll be able to see the puff of air.
How are you gunna get up there?
__________________
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #81735
Senior Member
 
Randm Musing's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Now, besides being able to hear a fly toot on top of a flag pole, she'll be able to see the puff of air.

You must have a tough life !!
__________________
1994 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite Air Ride Spartan EC2000 Chassis
Cummins B5.9 12V Diesel Pusher, Allison M3060 transmission. Charles, RVM174, Looking for the rainbow!!
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:25 PM   #81736
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randm Musing View Post
You must have a tough life !!
Nah! But I don't know how I put up with her for 58 years.

Hey, that's my side of the story and I'm stickin' with it.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #81737
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,542
Most of Kansas overflow of water is now in Arkansas...safe to come through Kansas now!
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:04 PM   #81738
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,228
Ok, I done ketched up after being without cell service for way too long. Montana and T Mobile don’t seem to play very well together.

We were in central Montana at my friends and solar guru, Bob and Noreen's place. My solar is working like it never has before with just a little tweaking. Tomorrow I'll add 2 more 6 volt batteries and next week another 200 watt panel. Bob and I worked out a plan to make the RV also power the tiny house I plan to build in 3/4 of Connie, the shipping container now sitting on Notta Ranch. I'll also add a shed roof and gutters to capture rainwater and store it underground in 4-6 IBC containers until needed. I can’t wait until Fall when it will be cool enough to head back down to Arizona.

Di, my heart goes out to your great niece for all she's been thru and the challenges that she has yet to face.

And those of you faced with flooding and tornados - PLEASE be careful. A news report about a woman killed by a tornado in her Oklahoma home last month showed an underground shelter in her back yard. Be smarter than she was, Muties!

BTW, we are in Helena, Montana until Sunday visiting friends we met in Quartzsite winter before last. Then we'll head west to DD's place near Seattle for the summer. Only 600 more miles.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #81739
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok, I done ketched up after being without cell service for way too long. Montana and T Mobile don’t seem to play very well together.
Glad to have you back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
We were in central Montana at my friends and solar guru, Bob and Noreen's place. My solar is working like it never has before with just a little tweaking. Tomorrow I'll add 2 more 6 volt batteries and next week another 200 watt panel.
How many will you have once these are added in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Bob and I worked out a plan to make the RV also power the tiny house I plan to build in 3/4 of Connie, the shipping container now sitting on Notta Ranch. I'll also add a shed roof and gutters to capture rainwater and store it underground in 4-6 IBC containers until needed. I can’t wait until Fall when it will be cool enough to head back down to Arizona.
So I should bring a hammer and rotary saw when we next visit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Di, my heart goes out to your great niece for all she's been thru and the challenges that she has yet to face.

And those of you faced with flooding and tornados - PLEASE be careful. A news report about a woman killed by a tornado in her Oklahoma home last month showed an underground shelter in her back yard. Be smarter than she was, Muties!

BTW, we are in Helena, Montana until Sunday visiting friends we met in Quartzsite winter before last. Then we'll head west to DD's place near Seattle for the summer. Only 600 more miles.
We may get close enough fofr a mini in August but those plans will be made at a future date.
__________________
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #81740
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
How are you gunna get up there?
For sure, for sure, don't really know. We were wanting to go to Flagstaff, then Utah and Colorado and I had made two reservations along the route. Then I had to cancel. There are no campgrounds available so we are changing and probably going to Millersburg, Ohio, then who knows.

Use to be we could just travel and make reservations the day of travel. With the upswing of RV'n and kids out of school, kind of hard to find a place and especially with a 43 foot MH.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #81741
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,228
Hey Moose!

The 2 extra batteries went in today for a total of 420 amp hours of batteries and the new solar panel will give us 672 panel watts total.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Smarty" '12 Smart Car toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #81742
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,082
Well, Earlene and I sat at the computer all day and figured out our new route and then called CG's and made reservations. A couple of calls were close on availability but we made it. Quite a load off my feeble mind (just for you Tim).

Speaking of Tim, I gave him fair warning that we would be staying at Cloud 9 RV park in Hot Springs on June 21 and 22. He and Mary are on the road and he wouldn't tell me what rock the key to his place was under. We had a good chat once I could get a word in edge-wise.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #81743
Senior Member
 
Randm Musing's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 279
Lost in a no T Mobile zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

the siding is now strapped on top of Smarty. As if the garden on the back bumper wasn’t weird enough, now Smarty has a gray vinyl load
that is 4’ longer than she is strapped to the top.
You should post a picture of your entire rig in its present form. It might become one of those IRV2 Classics !!

Oh, and if you consider a new paint scheme for the smart one, here is a suggestion .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WEE.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	248230  
__________________
1994 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite Air Ride Spartan EC2000 Chassis
Cummins B5.9 12V Diesel Pusher, Allison M3060 transmission. Charles, RVM174, Looking for the rainbow!!
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #81744
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Most of Kansas overflow of water is now in Arkansas...safe to come through Kansas now!

I am glad you were able to send that flood water somewhere...

HOWEVER, we are looking for somewhere to send all that wet stuff, but the Mississippi River is having a hard time! I wonder if it will force the Arkansas River to reverse direction for a while in SE AR...

Watch out New Orleans..
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #81745
Senior Member
 
romin roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Speaking of Tim, I gave him fair warning that we would be staying at Cloud 9 RV park in Hot Springs on June 21 and 22. He and Mary are on the road and he wouldn't tell me what rock the key to his place was under. We had a good chat once I could get a word in edge-wise.

I will put out the welcome mat & will try to join Tim/Mary to show you a good time. I don't know how we can come close to your great Miller Creek GC.

Safe Travels Ooohhhmmmss!
__________________

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 95 Minni Winnie 30' & 2012 ERA 24' (AKA Minni & Micro).... Our Chihuahua lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #81746
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, Earlene and I sat at the computer all day and figured out our new route and then called CG's and made reservations. A couple of calls were close on availability but we made it. Quite a load off my feeble mind (just for you Tim).

Speaking of Tim, I gave him fair warning that we would be staying at Cloud 9 RV park in Hot Springs on June 21 and 22. He and Mary are on the road and he wouldn't tell me what rock the key to his place was under. We had a good chat once I could get a word in edge-wise.


Just remember going that route, it means you will have to cross the Arkansas River.... right now the bridges are all passable, but monitor that closely....
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


« Endless Tale Game | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
PappaBull
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.