RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #83385

Oh, geez, what to say first! I'm glad there is a way to help Irene feel better & keep truckin', but I'm sorry to hear we won't see her for that long. Or ... or ... what a thought: we could actually go to Kanukistan in the summer! Radical!

Road trip!! Who's in?

Irene: When you're recovered, we'll bring our house to you & have a party at our place. (You don't have to clean house thataway!)

So getting a pacemaker will make Irene a bionic woman & da Moose better watch out then!

Turbohms, oh yeah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Irene is going to need a pacemaker. It will put them staying in Canada for 3 years according to Dennis and it all has to do with the form of medical insurance in Canada. Really sucks big time. ......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #83386

Quote:
..... Ray is not in good shape at all. Prognosis is that he has only a few more days. Dwayne and Shara are up where they are now. We are doggie sitting Jade.

Prayers and ohms for Irene and Ray.
Such sad news about Ray! It's been a long struggle for him, I think. More ommms for peace & an easy passage. Jan & Dwayne, hugs as best I can send them.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #83387

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Irene is going to need a pacemaker. It will put them staying in Canada for 3 years according to Dennis and it all has to do with the form of medical insurance in Canada. Really sucks big time.
The problem is the provincial health system only covers within the province. So private companies offer coverage outside the province. To acerbate it all they have you over the short and curlies and demand high premium costs for what they offer. They also set the rules you have to comply to at all times.
Quote:

Also, Ray is not in good shape at all. Prognosis is that he has only a few more days. Dwayne and Shara are up where they are now. We are doggie sitting Jade.

Prayers and ohms for Irene and Ray.
Dwayne and I had a chat about Ray this morning. My heart goes out to the whole family.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #83388

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
The problem is the provincial health system only covers within the province. So private companies offer coverage outside the province. To acerbate it all they have you over the short and curlies and demand high premium costs for what they offer. They also set the rules you have to comply to at all times. Dwayne and I had a chat about Ray this morning. My heart goes out to the whole family.
Actually Dennis the provincial plan has a reciprocal agreement with several other provinces. Alberta for sure. We did experience that one.

Hugs and ohhmmms for Irene!!
Old 11-04-2019, 06:43 AM   #83389

Fleetwood Owners Club
So Tim what you been up to?
Well this past weekend was the youth hunt at deer camp. We had 14 young hunters, many sporting new orange hats due to those donated from our Texas GC, and their families. Large campfires are a must have at camp where stories of sleeping kids in deer stand were as prevalent as deer sightings. Large meal Saturday night was finished off with a ride out in the dark with kids loaded up in side by sides to a open field where a firework display lite up the sky. Not many deer were harvested but memories were certainly made. And that's what deer camp is about!
Other than that, nothing much.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #83390

Glad you asked! And you found an expert to answer, too.

Memories: did you ever make memories for those kids! Deer camp for the young'uns is something new to me, & a great concept. I'm sure they learned proper hunting etiquette as well as safety & how to roast marshmallows.

No wonder we haven't heard much from you lately: you're exhausted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well this past weekend was the youth hunt at deer camp. We had 14 young hunters, many sporting new orange hats due to those donated from our Texas GC, and their families. Large campfires are a must have at camp where stories of sleeping kids in deer stand were as prevalent as deer sightings. Large meal Saturday night was finished off with a ride out in the dark with kids loaded up in side by sides to a open field where a firework display lite up the sky. Not many deer were harvested but memories were certainly made. And that's what deer camp is about!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #83391

If any of us is out around Maricopa, AZ this winter (west of Casa Grande), check out the Dwarf Car Museum south of town. Totally driveable & exact replicas of real cars, these are (I think) built to 1:8 scale.

I'm no gearhead, but these are interesting. The workshops are open, obviously in use, & the 2 guys who build the cars are there to chat with.

We don't remember what this one is, but it was parked next to a dwarf '56 or '57 aqua & white Cadillac. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191103_083524.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	265846
Old 11-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #83392
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

I sure hope you had someone other than yourself to teach them how to build deer stands!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #83393
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Irene is being moved to a bigger hospital and tomorrow they will insert a pacemaker.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #83394

Spartan Chassis
Has anyone heard of Ray's status; please?

I am starting to think that Irene is more wortied about him and Janice than about herself.
Dennis, Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #83395
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I talked to Dwayne yesterday afternoon, so that’s when this info was accurate.

Ray's passing is inevitable as his liver no longer functions. He is being kept comfortable with morphine and is in and out of awareness of what is going on around him. His doctors have given the family an estimate of 36-48 hours. Dwayne says it's like that Ray heard this and decided to show them they are wrong. He'll leave when he's good and ready. He has family with him 24/7.

My heart and ohmmms now go to the family. They have the tough job. God's speed Ray. We'll see you on the other side. Well, at least most of us will.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #83396
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Prayers for Ray and his family. He has entered the Pearly Gates this evening.

Prayers Ray, and Prays for Jan, Dwayne, Shara, and family.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #83397
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sincere condolences for Ray's family from #172 here. It's so hard to say goodbye, even if it's only for a while. May the Lord comfort you in your loss.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #83398

Ray, I’ll catch up to you one day. German sausage and a beer?
I love you, Bro!

Ray, I also pray for your family and all of RVMdom.

Happy trails

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote