RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #83945

I have found that the delivery companies get lazy.... and that once I make friends with my drivers, I get great service.... I get the “great” that should be basic....

But to not find you... nope that is ridiculous.... think you need to make more “small” deliveries to make them figure out you are there.... stagger them so they have to make lots of trips.... then offer the driver a bottle of water each time.....

I do a lot of deliveries, meal plan, meds, chewy dogfood, even amazon laundry detergent, if it is a one item store, my time is worth more than to go into the store...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #83946

One less thing to worry about! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Gwen’s gennie was repaired. Was reinstalled today!
This is a great start to 2020!
Attachment 271223
Old 01-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #83947

Barb, We've had similar well-traveled packages, too, although your Customs issue seems beyond the Pale!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #83948
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello! Been busy with foreigners from North of the Border. Plus, Lexi, and she is a hoot.

Barb, You might want to consider what it means and customs, etc., as you may need a passport to get out of AZ.

A belated Happy New Year to all. As stated, been busy.

Also, the last 6 weeks since my last knee check up has been miserable. If I had crutches here at the house I would have used them, even with my great brace on.

So, on the 2nd had a follow up and I have decided to bite the bullet and get the left knee replaced. It will ge great blaming my weight on two titanium knees. Surgery is set for Jan 21st. Say an Ooomms for me around that time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #83949
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I have found that the delivery companies get lazy.... and that once I make friends with my drivers, I get great service.... I get the “great” that should be basic....

But to not find you... nope that is ridiculous.... think you need to make more “small” deliveries to make them figure out you are there.... stagger them so they have to make lots of trips.... then offer the driver a bottle of water each time.....

I do a lot of deliveries, meal plan, meds, chewy dogfood, even amazon laundry detergent, if it is a one item store, my time is worth more than to go into the store...
That would work if they delivered here, but this is one of those tiny rural communities that don’t get mail or packages delivered to houses.

I have a PO Box on the local school property and packages too large for the box go to the school office. UPS and FedEx also deliver to the school office which is a designated "village postal facility". (I hope they get paid for their time!)

I’ve been waiting all day for the special insulation for Connie to be delivered. It is supposed to come to the house. It's 25 boxes, on 3 pallets, and weighs 525#. I just hope the truck driver is a bit adventurous. The direct road is badly washboarded and the last half mile got pretty rutted out from the last rain. I let Bob drive Smarty home and kept his truck just in case I have to ferry the boxes that last half mile.

Now if the dang truck would just get here!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #83950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hello! Been busy with foreigners from North of the Border. Plus, Lexi, and she is a hoot.

Barb, You might want to consider what it means and customs, etc., as you may need a passport to get out of AZ.

Also, the last 6 weeks since my last knee check up has been miserable. If I had crutches here at the house I would have used them, even with my great brace on.

So, on the 2nd had a follow up and I have decided to bite the bullet and get the left knee replaced. It will ge great blaming my weight on two titanium knees. Surgery is set for Jan 21st. Say an Ooomms for me around that time.

Marked on the calendar for extra ohmms
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #83951

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Typical Texan; you lot down there are the foreigners, so please get it straight.
Quote:
Or at least through Texas
Quote:

Back at you Mr Round
Quote:

You know we will all do the Ohms thing and those inclined will also offer up prayers to the deity of their choice. All the best buddy see you when we can get there.
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #83952
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne,

I recovered from double knee replacement surgery in my RV. At first it was REALLY great having the bathroom and kitchen just 1 and 3 steps from the bed. Then I found the steps very helpful for forcing me to do rehab.

Of course, we know Earlene will make sure you do the work to recover quickly. Walking Lexi will be good for both of you. Follow your therapist's plan and you'll be ready for summer travel in no time. Pamper yourself and you'll regret it.

I was hiking the hills of Arkansas 12 weeks after having both of mine done. I know you could, too - if you do your exercises.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #83953

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yeah Wayne, come on up here. We'll be fencing the hills on the land my son bought. We'll not even charge you any PT fees.

Keep us posted!
Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #83954
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Typical Texan; you lot down there are the foreigners, so please get it straight. Or at least through Texas Back at you Mr Round You know we will all do the Ohms thing and those inclined will also offer up prayers to the deity of their choice. All the best buddy see you when we can get there.
Uh, let's see, Canada became a country in 1867. Hmmm! FOREIGNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wayne,

I recovered from double knee replacement surgery in my RV. At first it was REALLY great having the bathroom and kitchen just 1 and 3 steps from the bed. Then I found the steps very helpful for forcing me to do rehab.

Of course, we know Earlene will make sure you do the work to recover quickly. Walking Lexi will be good for both of you. Follow your therapist's plan and you'll be ready for summer travel in no time. Pamper yourself and you'll regret it.

I was hiking the hills of Arkansas 12 weeks after having both of mine done. I know you could, too - if you do your exercises.
I was there, in AR when you did the zip line. Crazy lady! I have had both ACL's reconstructed and the right knee has already been replaced. The PT for all of them was the same. Funny thing was when I went to PT and I had to lay on my little tummy, put the strap over my foot and pull it to my little behind I told the therapist that I didn't think I could pull it hard enough 'cause it was going to hurt. She said, "Okay, I'll help," and then she proceeded to "lay" (almost) across my foot and calf. Can you say OUCH!.

Yep, been there done that.
I'm surprised your Dr. Let you do your own PT. Wish that were the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Yeah Wayne, come on up here. We'll be fencing the hills on the land my son bought. We'll not even charge you any PT fees.

Keep us posted!
How much do you charge your Son, - Oh wait, he's been paying all is life. I get it. You made so much money off of him you were able to retard!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:12 PM   #83955

Sam’s has a new sales crew in furniture.
(I bought both chairs!)
Naw
They played the “game” well.
(I thanked Mom)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4430.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	271370
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4431.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	512.9 KB
ID:	271371  

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:25 PM   #83956

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sam’s has a new sales crew in furniture.
(I bought both chairs!)
Naw
They played the “game” well.
(I thanked Mom)
Attachment 271370
These chairs fold up, do they? And they come w/ kids included?
Old 01-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #83957
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
FedEx is on my poo list! I was supposed to get the insulation for Connie yesterday. I even got an email from them at 5:45pm saying it was still coming. Well it didn’t! They managed to move it from Phoenix - 130 miles northeast of here to Yuma - 65 miles west. Chances are excellent that they passed within a half mile of here on I-8 to get to Yuma. And they are closed on the weekend. GRRRRRRRRR!
Old 01-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #83958

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
FedEx is on my poo list! I was supposed to get the insulation for Connie yesterday. I even got an email from them at 5:45pm saying it was still coming. Well it didn’t! They managed to move it from Phoenix - 130 miles northeast of here to Yuma - 65 miles west. Chances are excellent that they passed within a half mile of here on I-8 to get to Yuma. And they are closed on the weekend. GRRRRRRRRR!
Well that sucks! Here's hoping they find you soon!