RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #84407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Looking good!
Ditto that!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2020, 09:18 AM   #84408

Thanx to all of my mutant friends for all of the kind words and healing ohms. It's true that I married a gem in Mary Ann. She has the patience of Job.

For the mini-C of Floridians, we were thinking a brunch around 11:00 a.m. north of Tampa and then moving to another location for chit-chat til early evening. Hernando Beach sounds good (Di, is your place suitable for 5 -7 cars?)

Any suggestions for brunch? How about a place for early supper to top off the day?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:15 PM   #84409

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Thanx to all of my mutant friends for all of the kind words and healing ohms. It's true that I married a gem in Mary Ann. She has the patience of Job.
You can say that again.
Quote:
For the mini-C of Floridians, we were thinking a brunch around 11:00 a.m. north of Tampa and then moving to another location for chit-chat til early evening. Hernando Beach sounds good (Di, is your place suitable for 5 -7 cars?)

Any suggestions for brunch? How about a place for early supper to top off the day?
Hey big fella, being it's too far for me to get there on time I now appoint you class clown and chief s**tdisturber for the duration of the Florida stay. What say you?
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #84410

Quote:

It totally is.... empty lots on both sides, our entire yard is parkable rock.... and the house across the street is vacant.... our entire house is open below for sitting....

Let me think on restaurants......

I am in Arkansas visiting grands... flew up Saturday, home tomorrow.... Larry is doing super by himself, and I have gotten lots of kid time... some of you have met Anna and Hayes in north little rock.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #84411
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
... some of you have met Anna and Hayes in north little rock.....
We certainly have. Give them some extra hugs from Sena and I and a few licks, uh kisses, from Lily.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:36 AM   #84412

Do y'all have a date in mind, or did I just miss that?
Old 02-18-2020, 06:47 AM   #84413

The date is TBD. Too much happening right now to give it deep thought. We do need to know the date range which y'all are available to spend a day with us'all somewhere within 2 hours of your location. We have certain supervisory responsibilities for activities here at the park. Best days are Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays..
Old 02-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #84414
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Mardi Gras King & bead/candy throwers last night:Attachment 275368Attachment 275369Attachment 275370
Our first time being involved in any way w/ such a parade, & it was fun.

Earlene may remember the whirly light sticks we bought at the fair, & Wayne certainly remembers the wigs we each bought in Nawlins last year. Friends in the park: A recently-made friend tried to introduce herself to me (bright blue hair, makeup, no glasses). Another friend saw me coming & said slowly, "Oh my good heavens!"

Apparently we had a very Mutant evening!

Cheers!
Start recruiting new RVMutants. Sounds like they are almost there.

---------------------------

Sounds like everyone is having lots of fun, and that is the way it should be.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #84415

Further news

Hospital imaging visit today for a barium swallow of my esophagus. As expected there was a significant tube restriction just above my stomach entrance. I swallowed a barium pill after doing the barium milkshakes It got stuck at the restriction in my throat. Food getting stuck there would explain the need for small bites and amounts of drink sips and would explain the false feeling of fullness. Ballooning my esophagus is in my future.

Iron infusions scheduled for Tuesdays for the next five weeks (again at the hospital).

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm glad to know that there's plans for helping some of my symptoms.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #84416

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hospital imaging visit today for a barium swallow of my esophagus. As expected there was a significant tube restriction just above my stomach entrance. I swallowed a barium pill after doing the barium milkshakes It got stuck at the restriction in my throat. Food getting stuck there would explain the need for small bites and amounts of drink sips and would explain the false feeling of fullness. Ballooning my esophagus is in my future.

Iron infusions scheduled for Tuesdays for the next five weeks (again at the hospital).

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm glad to know that there's plans for helping some of my symptoms.
Well at least now they have a better picture of what the problem is. That's better than just a good thing. Prayers from this house for a quick resolution to the issue and recovery.

Side note, I've awaken with a restriction in my throat a few times. Turned out to be Mary's hands choking me. A CPAP solved the problem.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #84417
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ohmms, Papa Steve. I know what you are going thru, just lower down the pipe. After having gastric bypass 16+ years ago I developed a stricture between my new stomach and the intestines that the doc brought up to met it. I was having to have it widened every 4-6 weeks until the gastroenterologist started putting steroids on the newly balloon widened spot. You might want to ask your GI doc about his procedure.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:07 AM   #84418

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Schatzki ring. That is what I have. About every 4 or 5 years it seems to reappear and restrict my throat opening, making it harder and harder to swallow, especially proteins like chicken. The doc broke it last June and so far so good. Good luck with your balloon!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #84419
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
[...]

Side note, I've awaken with a restriction in my throat a few times. Turned out to be Mary's hands choking me. A CPAP solved the problem.
I knew I should have paid her more money!
Old 02-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #84420
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Check your email everyone and please, please respond if there are questions.