RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #84463
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I wish you FBers would post here also. I find it too intrusive and difficult to read if you skip a few days. Some day y’all will find out how evil it truly is.
Listen to her, people. She is wise in the way of these things.

Facebook is not your friend. It is not benevolently helping you share critter pics or grandkid pics; it is collating relationship information about you, your location, your morals and philosophy, and your habits, and then selling that info to anyone with money, all without your permission.

I realize that when we get to a certain age, we're like, "Hey, whatever, man." If your choice only affected you, that would be cool. But Facebook goes through you to get to your family, friends, relatives, acquaintances, business contacts, and even enemies. Want random strangers knowing where your grandkids live and what ages they are? Yeah, probably not. But that's how Facebook works; that's what Facebook does.

For a short while I was on Facebook. Then I canceled my account. I don't miss it, I have a lot less spam in my inbox/ junk folder, and the people I care about still know how to contact me. Oddly enough I still know what's going on in their lives without being bombarded by food pics, political screeds, and personal rants. I have more control over who has access to me and my friends. My blood pressure is a lot lower, too.

Drop Facebook. Use smaller sites like IRV2 to keep in touch. You'll be glad you did.
miketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #84464
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,239
Barb, you don't have the artistic problem that I have. I can't even draw stick men.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #84465
Senior Member
 
Xmcdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,301
Wife and shopping. Sure honey I'll come with you, I want to look at tools, will you help me select some. Oh, well ok, say, I'll meet you back at the RV. Gives me time to settle down with a good book.
Hey, the system works. Yea!
Xmcdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #84466
RVM #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketo View Post
Listen to her, people. She is wise in the way of these things.

Facebook is not your friend. It is not benevolently helping you share critter pics or grandkid pics; it is collating relationship information about you, your location, your morals and philosophy, and your habits, and then selling that info to anyone with money, all without your permission.

I realize that when we get to a certain age, we're like, "Hey, whatever, man." If your choice only affected you, that would be cool. But Facebook goes through you to get to your family, friends, relatives, acquaintances, business contacts, and even enemies. Want random strangers knowing where your grandkids live and what ages they are? Yeah, probably not. But that's how Facebook works; that's what Facebook does.

For a short while I was on Facebook. Then I canceled my account. I don't miss it, I have a lot less spam in my inbox/ junk folder, and the people I care about still know how to contact me. Oddly enough I still know what's going on in their lives without being bombarded by food pics, political screeds, and personal rants. I have more control over who has access to me and my friends. My blood pressure is a lot lower, too.

Drop Facebook. Use smaller sites like IRV2 to keep in touch. You'll be glad you did.
Sage advice. This is the only social media I ever took part in. Talking about RVs and the lifestyle is great, and the rules here keep things civil.
I watched a program about Bezos and Amazon the other night. Do you know that Amazon stores all of the data for the CIA? Amazon Web Services (AWS).
It's astonishing at how things have evolved from a simple site selling books. It seems they are all mining us. Alexa is listening, all the time, not just when you "wake her up"? Probably true for Google mini too, and the Ring doorbell etc, wifi cameras, you saw how that was hacked. Pretty crazy, and somewhat scary, we should be very afraid? Perhaps, well yes.
I love techy stuff, but at the same time, resist it....so I'm a walking paradox, a sort of contradiction.
I dunno. I'm with Mike though, I believe embedded in all this stuff is a sinister monster, by design, or not.
The Bible indicates that the anti-Christ will be a person, but maybe it will actually be an artificial intelligence humaniod the nations of the world fall for as the supreme impartial leader of "peace". Don't laugh, at the rate technology is progressing by the hour.....?
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #84467
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,239
Mass surveillance in the United States has been going on for a very very long time. Names of programs change but it is still surveillance.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:03 PM   #84468
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,239
I had a bumper sticker on my 2007 Saturn. Wish I still had one. It read:

FACEBOOK: Where purposeless information is shared with friends you don't know.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #84469
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
Wife and shopping. Sure honey I'll come with you, I want to look at tools, will you help me select some. Oh, well ok, say, I'll meet you back at the RV. Gives me time to settle down with a good book.

Hey, the system works. Yea!


But this wife loves tools, and hardware stores... I know my way around Lowes and Home Depot better than Larry.... and I have my own dremmel.....
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #84470
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,357
Thanks for the support Mike, Wayne and Bill!

Do you remember having to read George Orwell's novel, “1984” in high school? He was off a few decades, but I think George foretold the future quite accurately.
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Ranger" '97 Ford Ranger toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #84471
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 10,357
Maybe we should turn this thread into a novel! We now have 119 guests reading. WOW!
__________________
Barb (RVM18) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie) RIP Sena FMCA#F466348
"Homer" ‘11 Shasta Cynara, pulling "Ranger" '97 Ford Ranger toad
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #84472
RVM #172
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,977
Yeah Barb, science fiction becomes science fact.....faster, and faster.
How many movies etc have we watched where the machines became smarter than their creators.....and over took them.
An age old foe of the Doctor in Doctor Who is the Cybermen. Cyber, hmmm, not a new-ish term if you're a "Whovian".....anyway, the merging of man and machine. We're starting to do that now.
Personally I like the friendlier hero version of cyborg technology better in the Six Million Dollar Man.
__________________
BILL {aka-"Admiral"-"Deuce"-"W.D."}
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD,
Freightliner Maxum, 450HP Cummins ISL, 3000 Allison,
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:58 PM   #84473
Senior Member
 
Eez Moose's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,086
We could have R U an RV Mutant too? part two if we could get these to be members...
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 132 (3 members and 129 guests) Eez Moose, daveandcarol, jfjr
__________________
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:20 AM   #84474
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 5,743
Hello, Lurkers, my old friends ...
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #84475
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Yeah Barb, science fiction becomes science fact.....faster, and faster.
How many movies etc have we watched where the machines became smarter than their creators.....and over took them.
An age old foe of the Doctor in Doctor Who is the Cybermen. Cyber, hmmm, not a new-ish term if you're a "Whovian".....anyway, the merging of man and machine. We're starting to do that now.
Personally I like the friendlier hero version of cyborg technology better in the Six Million Dollar Man.


With Larrys heart pump. We feel like he is the 6 million dollar man, I mean he has an electric pump running his heart.... and we are almost to that figure.... if you have no idea what an LVAD is, look it up.... fascinating...

Or check my blog.


https://zeelarry.blogspot.com/p/this...g-of-blog.html
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #84476
Registered User
 
Bob_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver Wash
Posts: 7,231
Just doing a test from my phone Click image for larger version

Name:	20200220_150429.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	276154.......Finally got it to work!!!.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Wayne M
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.