Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #85149

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Well,,,, I didnt want to say lust book, but Barb already did....
sacre bleu?
I knew you weren't a real blond.

Irene and I will miss seeing you this year but hopefully we don't have another catastrophic incident next winter.

Looking forward to the inevitable GC we all get to enjoy one another at again.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2020, 10:43 PM   #85150

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi MJ & Amanda,

We're Dave & Carol. In regard to that previous list of mutants to watch out for, CampDaven is Dave, I'm the Other Dave, and some other Dave is the Other Other Dave. Our MH is 21 years old, our car is 15 years old, our dog Hershey is also 15 years old and we're...well, let's just say we're old and leave it at that...
We sold the house (and the other 3 cars) and went full-timing about 4 years ago. We're originally from the middle of Indiana but are currently hiding out a little east of Yuma AZ for the time being.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #85151

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
MJ & Amanda

Welcome to the fray. We are all a few bricks short of a proverbial two brick load but we do have fun. If you get a chance to attend a gathering you will find that everyone has a great time and rags on one another. Looking forward to meeting you along our mutant rainbow.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #85152

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.colors77 View Post
Sorry it's the meticulous military in us lol.

We are MJ and Amanda. Both veterans. Love rv life. Traveled to Utah for work on a 5 day trip from Ohio back in November. Got stuck here lol. But almost done with RV Renos and school, and we'll be back in the RV.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and we can't wait to get our RVM# and meet some or all of you.

Smile.... my husband Larry is retired Army, and 100%DAV... most if the other vets on here seem to be navy or marine..... but I am retired Jr High teacher.... he was from Baltimore, Me - Arkansas... we met after previous marriages on match.com on the 9/11.... been through a lot, he has a LVAD heart pump, and is now in hospital after almost dying 2 weeks ago with renal failure, but pulled through.

You are so fortunate to have found this group.... while we number almost 200, some just popped in and out never to really get active.... but you will not find a better group anywhere... I love these people so much and there us no funner group.... join us on facebook too.

Anyway welcome, we moved from Little Rock AR last year to a small community 40 miles north of Tampa, FL.... still have our RV, but cant use it to travel, although we lived in it a year while getting our house....

Enjoy my friends...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM   #85153

This group has already made us feel so welcome.

Diwizi sorry to hear about your husband. Get well wishes. Amanda is my best friend and I shutter at the idea of anything happening to her. She is taking an internship just North of Tallahassee at white oak after graduation from vet tech school. So we will be close to you then. Probably around winter of 2021.

As to the rest of you troublemakers lol we will fit right in. Amanda is a jokester/prankster. Loves trying to make people smile. She loves the Arts. Drawing painting etc. I am a little more reserved and laid back. Coffee, RV, nature, Amanda and the pups are all I need for the rest of my life.....oh and tacos/nachos. Lol. Can't wait for the day we all meet in person.

We totalled the car on the 16th. Just bumps and bruises. All are ok. We have to go say good bye to our little red Kia Soul (Kiara) today. They are totalling her out. Sad day. But we're alive and that's what matters. I will miss that awesome little car.

Have an awesome day. From the S.H.M.I.L.Y family.
m.j.colors77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:59 AM   #85154

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.colors77 View Post
This group has already made us feel so welcome.

Diwizi sorry to hear about your husband. Get well wishes. Amanda is my best friend and I shutter at the idea of anything happening to her. She is taking an internship just North of Tallahassee at white oak after graduation from vet tech school. So we will be close to you then. Probably around winter of 2021.

As to the rest of you troublemakers lol we will fit right in. Amanda is a jokester/prankster. Loves trying to make people smile. She loves the Arts. Drawing painting etc. I am a little more reserved and laid back. Coffee, RV, nature, Amanda and the pups are all I need for the rest of my life.....oh and tacos/nachos. Lol. Can't wait for the day we all meet in person.

We totalled the car on the 16th. Just bumps and bruises. All are ok. We have to go say good bye to our little red Kia Soul (Kiara) today. They are totalling her out. Sad day. But we're alive and that's what matters. I will miss that awesome little car.

Have an awesome day. From the S.H.M.I.L.Y family.

Oh wow.... you and Larry would do great, Amanda and I would too... I am a watercolor artist and have 2 of the cutest WESTIEs there ever were... LitaBit and QTpi.... look forward to meeting you in Florida,,,

Btw, think i refused you on facebook and maybe Rvillage (we dint do RVillage much snymore)

Stay safe....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #85155
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
[...]

And despite the warnings given to you, the truth is, any offer of a "theme song" must be summarily rejected or your ears will forever suffer the consequences...

When it comes to my theme song, pay them no nevermind for they not know for what they speak. My theme song is lovely and it is so apropos for me. It says everything about me. So, as Barb has sent you the method of other communications, be sure to ask me for my theme song. Everyone does love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Welcome to mutantism... RVM#196 is your official number and you are in the sacred book....

Yes, a very hearty welcome to M.J. and Amanda. As a group we have not had many years socializing but when we do we have so, so much fun. A better group of people (oops, RVMutants) you will not find anywhere.

We live in Texas City, TX, 40 miles South of Houston, and 14 miles from the tourist trap of Galveston Island. Winters are typically mild. We enjoy entertaining other RVMutants so you are always welcome to come to this area and enjoy some fine food and visit with us. Some of that find food is cooked by Earlene, and she's the worse half. (That's my side of the story and I'm sticking with it.)

We lost our Husky last September and now have what is called a "designer" dog. She is a Goldendoodle and love playing with other dogs. Big back yard here, so come on down!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #85156

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
When it comes to my theme song, pay them no nevermind for they not know for what they speak. My theme song is lovely and it is so apropos for me. It says everything about me. So, as Barb has sent you the method of other communications, be sure to ask me for my theme song. Everyone does love it.
In my best Gomer Pile voice I will say "You lie you lie you lie" Nobody buy you likes this song; especially the rendition you chose to adopt so there.
Quote:
Yes, a very hearty welcome to M.J. and Amanda. As a group we have not had many years socializing but when we do we have so, so much fun. A better group of people (oops, RVMutants) you will not find anywhere.
On this part I will concur. Our get togethers are a lot of fun. We even team up doing mini gatherings on our way to the big gatherings.

Hard to beat this august group of nuts and mutants. Looking forward to seeing you and officially meeting you in the future.

BTW I am Dennis and my wife is Irene and our fur kid is Mizzie.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #85157
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
...and don't forget we have reservations for Shipsewana South RV park August 11th through September 11th. See y'all there.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #85158

Quote:
...and don't forget we have reservations for Shipsewana South RV park August 11th through September 11th. See y'all there.

Shipshewana? Indiana? August into September?
Hmmmmm.....
Cutters and Wohlfords are not far away!
Dutcher’s said maybe a day trip?
Carl indicated a definite maybe!
How about Ed and Jackie?
Maybe some Arkies?
Barry Scanlon?
Whosomever else?
Nola and I be close to a YUP!
So what say, Muties?

GC????
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #85159

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hmmmmm.....
How about Ed and Jackie?
Maybe some Arkies?
Barry Scanlon?
Whosomever else?
So what say, Muties?

GC????
Hells Bells we could even make it a longer visit ... We are retired !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #85160

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hells Bells we could even make it a longer visit ... We are retired !!!
Definit possible maybe for the three of us.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #85161

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
1990 Airstream A Class

I was ogling this unit but because of the situation we are all in I didn't get time to query the owners on their unit. Thought everyone would like to wee what a 1990 still looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1865.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	282961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	282962  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	282963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	282964  

Old 04-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #85162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hmmmmm.....
How about Ed and Jackie?
Maybe some Arkies?
Barry Scanlon?
Whosomever else?
So what say, Muties?

GC????

Those dates are on Mary Ann’s calendar