Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #85177

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Marking out 9/11 - 10/11 on the calendar & may make a reservation, but as Carl said, we'd need to narrow down the window a wee bit.

I need a GC ... gotta move out some of these prizey-type things that gradually fill up crates in the closet! Not that we need to see any of you lot, of course. [emoji6]
To add clarity to the GC discussion the dates Wayne and Earline will be in Shipshewana are August 11 - September 11.

After Sept.11 he's gone. Oh I get it Sue , your right those might be better dates!

But 8/11 through 9/11 are the dates to choose from. Around the first week of Sept. Works for me. Speak up mutants with your opinions on dates. We all know this might never happen but we can plan.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #85178
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Labor day is September 7th. Reservations will be needed early if they are to include those dates. You can go on their web site Reservations and see if the dates are open.
There is a $25 cancellation fee if made prior to 10 days before the reservations. This is why I made my reservations early, only a couple six packs of beer will be lost if I have to cancel.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #85179

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
To add clarity to the GC discussion the dates Wayne and Earline will be in Shipshewana are August 11 - September 11.

After Sept.11 he's gone. Oh I get it Sue , your right those might be better dates!

But 8/11 through 9/11 are the dates to choose from. Around the first week of Sept. Works for me. Speak up mutants with your opinions on dates. We all know this might never happen but we can plan.
To avoid the holiday weekend how about 8/19-8/26?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Labor day is September 7th. Reservations will be needed early if they are to include those dates. You can go on their web site Reservations and see if the dates are open.
There is a $25 cancellation fee if made prior to 10 days before the reservations. This is why I made my reservations early, only a couple six packs of beer will be lost if I have to cancel.
Wayne according to their website they offer group discounts, and have indoor and outside group areas. Have any idea the rate and number of sites to get the discount?
Old 04-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #85180

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The August dates would work for us as we could plan to be there on the way to the wedding. It would work into our plans quite nicely.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #85181

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
The August dates would work for us as we could plan to be there on the way to the wedding. It would work into our plans quite nicely.
Well let's see, Wayne, Dennis!
Where two should gather, there am I?
Old 04-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #85182
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
To avoid the holiday weekend how about 8/19-8/26?

Wayne according to their website they offer group discounts, and have indoor and outside group areas. Have any idea the rate and number of sites to get the discount?
My turn was last year. Someone else's turn this year. I just said I made reservations I'm not going to be Grand Master....so there.

Quote:
Well let's see, Wayne, Dennis!
Where two should gather, there am I?
See above.

I don't know anything about discounts for groups. We are hoping to get our same site back and although it is reserved there is no guarantee that it will be the one we end up in.

Dennis, a date where you can attend would be wonderful but everyone has to realize that traveling back home, if not staying for the holiday, they will need reservations for the return. It is why we extended until after Labor Day.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #85183

Fleetwood Owners Club
If I can ever get Carol to leave Yuma...

Activity suggestion: Day trip to Elkhart IN (about 35 miles) to visit the RV & MH Museum. Really interesting collection of coaches/trailers/etc. and lots of vintage camping gear displayed with. You were allowed to go inside most of the coaches (assume that is still allowed).

RE: that 1990 Airstream - and you thought polishing a regular MH was a chore...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #85184

Tim:
"After Sept.11 he's gone. Oh I get it Sue , your right those might be better dates! [emoji23]"

Sure would be quieter 'round there!

Musta bin late when I did that 9/11 - 10/11! Or I'm dixlecsic mebbe! Yeeouch!

Anyhow, it's correct in my calendar at least. So there! [emoji2957]
Old 04-26-2020, 06:05 AM   #85185

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
My turn was last year. Someone else's turn this year. I just said I made reservations I'm not going to be Grand Master....so there.

See above.

I don't know anything about discounts for groups. We are hoping to get our same site back and although it is reserved there is no guarantee that it will be the one we end up in.

Dennis, a date where you can attend would be wonderful but everyone has to realize that traveling back home, if not staying for the holiday, they will need reservations for the return. It is why we extended until after Labor Day.
Poobah, looks like Wayne just made you Wagonmaster!
Old 04-26-2020, 06:25 AM   #85186

Exactly, I have three friends that travel a lot, they have all taken it as a preventive many times and had no issues. The next time you pick up any "ANY" prescription, read all the possible side affects on it. It will scare you to death. The are Politicizing a drug. nonsense.
Tampa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #85187
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmmm! That's weird. (Post above)

----------------------------------------

Newmar factory tour is about 40 minutes away.
Notre Dame is a wonderful place to visit.

Thor, Nexus, Forest River, Cardinal, Dynamax, Heartland, are all manufacturer's in that area.

Amish buggy ride, or Amish buggy ride, farm tour, and Amish dinner at Amish house. Cheese factories, buffets, and don't forget good company.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #85188

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well ok, since this is not a political thread I'll get back to the business of bad mouthing Wayne.

You know Wayne the Texas GC was GOOD. But we (us Mutants) see a lot of potential in you and truly think you have the skills and the mind-set to pull off a GREAT GC.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #85189

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hmmm! That's weird. (Post above)

----------------------------------------

Newmar factory tour is about 40 minutes away.
Notre Dame is a wonderful place to visit.

Thor, Nexus, Forest River, Cardinal, Dynamax, Heartland, are all manufacturer's in that area.

Amish buggy ride, or Amish buggy ride, farm tour, and Amish dinner at Amish house. Cheese factories, buffets, and don't forget good company.
Do the Amish have electric horses yet. I have this issue of following a big ass around (besides Wayne) being dragged by a horse. My step son's mother in law has horses and I can last there about eight minutes before I can't breathe.

Wadda you mean I will need an exit permit??

Quote:
Well ok, since this is not a political thread I'll get back to the business of bad mouthing Wayne.

You know Wayne the Texas GC was GOOD. But we (us Mutants) see a lot of potential in you and truly think you have the skills and the mind-set to pull off a GREAT GC.
Yup I figure out if Earlene can get his roundness to help even just a little they could be mutant Wagon Masters extraordinaire.

One more time Wayne, littler buddy, one more time. Pretty please and a kiss on the cheek.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #85190
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

You have so much experience, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Do the Amish have electric horses yet. I have this issue of following a big ass around (besides Wayne) being dragged by a horse. My step son's mother in law has horses and I can last there about eight minutes before I can't breathe.
Keep kissing, keep kissing!

Wadda you mean I will need an exit permit??

Yup I figure out if Earlene can get his roundness to help even just a little they could be mutant Wagon Masters extraordinaire.

One more time Wayne, littler buddy, one more time. Pretty please and a kiss on the cheek.

"Ain't" gonna happen!