RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2020, 06:49 AM   #85429

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Hey Bill,

My 2nd hand-me-down Buick was my grandparents' 1962 LeSabre 4-door hardtop, light blue with a white top. Drove it to my senior prom in '66.
Grandma still had the car when she passed in '89 so I brought it home and drove it for a year or so until rust in the frame made it unsafe and I had to let it go (it spent several years in a leaky roof garage - didn't know you could grow mushrooms in a car trunk). Speaking of go, that thing could pass almost anything on the road except a gas station...

My uncle bought a 62 Buick Electra in the late 60s.
Black, chromed to the teeth, and smooth as a babyís butt!
401 v8 with a 1-speed slush-o-matic trans.
Grand machine

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #85430

Monaco Owners Club
Those old Buick's were cool. My brother drove them for years. I bought an old 55 special from him. It was almost 20 years old but it rode like you were floating on a cloud. So smooth and quiet and at 70 - 80 mph it was awesome. Had to part with it later on because it fell victim to rust!
Old 05-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #85431

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dave, Carol, Barb, Irene, Sena, Mizzie, Lilly and I almost had a mini going on but we were all having such a grand time I forgot the pop so I guess it really didn't happen. Good thing too because being in our coach the social distancing thing was a bit much. We are thinking of hitting a restaurant before we leave this area so anyone for a gathering here near Fortuna Road?
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:53 PM   #85432

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Dave, Carol, Barb, Irene, Sena, Mizzie, Lilly and I almost had a mini going on but we were all having such a grand time I forgot the pop so I guess it really didn't happen. Good thing too because being in our coach the social distancing thing was a bit much. We are thinking of hitting a restaurant before we leave this area so anyoyne for a gathering here near Fortuna Road?

So what you planning a robbery before skipping town?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #85433

Well good evening to you Mutants,

Tim you will pay for that comment on the letter M ...

We made it to West Amarillo today from 50 miles south of Albuquerque , the drive was quite peaceful and hopefully soon this Walmart parking lot will get peaceful in a couple of hours , only time will tell.

I never drove a Buick, my grandfather on my dad's side liked Pontiacs, and my dad was an Oldsmobile and Cadillac man.
My first car was a 67 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 with a 425 4bbl and a turbo hydramatic transmission. And after I met Marcia we were Pontiac people , I sure was sad when they decided to close Pontiac down we had a Bonneville and two different Gran Prix and I loved all of them , currently driving my 2008 Jeep and it takes me places that would make most passenger cars crumble in fear .

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:20 PM   #85434

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
Dave, Carol, Barb, Irene, Sena, Mizzie, Lilly and I almost had a mini going on but we were all having such a grand time I forgot the pop so I guess it really didn't happen. Good thing too because being in our coach the social distancing thing was a bit much. We are thinking of hitting a restaurant before we leave this area so anyone for a gathering here near Fortuna Road?
Sounds like a plan. We are available now most of the time.
Let us know when & where.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #85435

Long time ago when I was in my teens, (in the 50s) Dad had a subscription for several years for delivery of the National Geographic Magazine. In those days, cars in the UK were mostly small and painted black. So I found the adverts in the magazine for those huge colorful American cars fascinating and I clearly recall lusting after that Buick Electra with its 'frowny' inward sloping face. Dad collected several years worth of the magazines and eventually had them leather bound into volumes. I was so disappointed that the binder had removed all the adverts as they did give me a glimpse of the culture of that land over in the west. Who knew!
By the way, I still think I'm too young to be considering owning a Buick.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:04 PM   #85436

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
By the way, I still think I'm too young to be considering owning a Buick.
How much you willing to pay to keep me from telling DW what you wrote. She was in tears when we went out on the road because we could tow her favorite car 4 down; a Buick Rendesvouz. Had all the bells and whistles and still had more pep than required.
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
Old 05-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #85437

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

I thought that "M" stood for Massive?

Jeffery! Although there Might be things I've said or done that Might Warrent retribution. But as you can see from the above quote that the comment on the M was not me! Never would I make such comment about our leader, the chosen one, the Lump supreme aka. "The Big Lump"
Old 05-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #85438

Fleetwood Owners Club
My first car 1958 Ford!
Only owned one other ford other than it. Found Chevys and GMCs were more reliable. We did have a little BMW Z3 that was fun but mechanic friend suggested getting rid of it before Warrenty ran out on drive train. Chrysler LHS was a lemon, Chrysler actually replaced it due to countinuous breakdown time. The new car only cost be $50 and was a year model newer.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #85439

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Now something totally Mutant in scope

Notta Ranch has functioning air-conditioning powered by four dedicated solar panels.

Our Barb is a true mutant extraordinaire

Next project is to finalize the permanent positioning and then get the plumbing all up and operating.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #85440

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Now something totally Mutant in scope

Notta Ranch has functioning air-conditioning powered by four dedicated solar panels.

Our Barb is a true mutant extraordinaire

Next project is to finalize the permanent positioning and then get the plumbing all up and operating.

Now that there is downright nifty!
Truly more Mutant success at Notta Ranch!
Thanks

Old 05-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #85441

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yuma Mutant Dinner Gathering

OK you lot still in Yuma (or trapped there for life) we are trying to get a dinner gathering for the mutants willing to go.
The restaurant is right downtown in 'old town' and they have a patio table big enough for 30.

I doubt we will need that many seats but the place will hold from 8 to 30.

Reservations depending on date picked and we will go for that date most people can get to so .......................

So far Denise and I are confirmed as are Paula and Jim

The place location is

Da Boyz Italian Restaurant

284 S Main Street

Yuma.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:49 PM   #85442

Moose, I B Jelly about a Curiosity in Yuma.
Pics, or.....