Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2020, 04:48 PM   #85723

Fleetwood Owners Club
Heat index in upper 90’s till Cristobal arrives! Woot woot
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #85724

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well we are sitting in a neat little place in Christina Lake BC. Our niece and nephew took over a really cool motel & RV complex. We will be assisting in the renovations when we are out of quarantine but interesting little occurrences help pass the time of day. Irene went for a walk along the trails leading to the creek and when she was on her way back to our site she realized there was a young immature black bear following the same path.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8756.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	288259

Name:	IMG_8762-001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	288260

I was bored and at a loss for something to do when I heard a quail calling. Got a couple of pictures of the little cutie.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #85725

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I don't know about you but I like looking at the other end of a bird. That side, well, let's just say I know a lot about it
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #85726

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry, it's going to be hot!
my mom always told me if I didn't like the heat then I had better change my ways
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #85727

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I like the idea of looking head on but this little feather-head wanted nothing to do with a front end shot.

Name:	IMG_8763.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	288280

Name:	IMG_8764.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	288281

Name:	IMG_8765.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	288282

I was getting dizzier than normal running around that tree trying to get his good side.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #85728
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What's normal dizzy?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #85729
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow, the motel/rv park looks like it has 40 or so spaces. Hmmm!
Old 06-05-2020, 12:04 AM   #85730

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
What are you thinking.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:25 AM   #85731

R U an RV Mutant too?

So it is a California quail, after all. I had to go look it up. Pretty bird, no matter which end yer lookin at.

Cheers!
Old 06-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #85732
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
What are you thinking.

Not going to say, it gets me in trouble.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #85733

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
What are you thinking.
Perhaps everyone should make sure their passport is still good for at least another year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #85734

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
48 but who's counting,

The place has a real interesting Chinese connected story. That's why it is in need of some much work. When Randy finishes with it I am sure it will be a crown jewel, just as the original owner envisioned when he built the place.

Have a peak
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...4d-118.2120721

The buildings along West Lake Drive (either side of the entrance) are the motel and the pool (needs liner) The building parallel to highway 3 is comprised of (starting at the motel)
1st Restaurant
2nd Lounge
3rd Coffee shop
4th a grocery
5th a Laundromat

The building right across from the last campsite (#48 where we are parked) is the campground showers and washrooms and showers and workshop.

Being the place was built way long time ago there are presently no sewers to the sites but that is in a rezoning application to be amended.

Lots of planned upgrades including a pavilion over the building housing showers etc.

The forested area to the south west of the motel will be made into a huge tenting and rustic camping area.

Electrical at the moment is non existent in the campground because of stolen expensive parts from the workshop. That will be modified by the end of next week and we will have 50 amp (actually dual 30) with a adapter. When the sewer rezoning is approved the campground will be upgraded to 50 amp service.

I will post pictures later as we are both anxious to get out of quarantine and start working on more than grounds cleanup.

Saved the best for last. Because they are not yet open for business Mizzie just loves the place. She can wander at will and has no restrictions. But all of you who know her, know that she is definitely Mommy's girl, and is always insight of mommy even when mommy is sitting in her gazebo making cards.

Barb, the creek is visible just south of the opening that is the tenting area. It runs diagonally from the Pines campground on Neimi Rd (behind us) to highway 3. Supposedly good trout fishing for the kids.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #85735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
48 but who's counting,

The place has a real interesting Chinese connected story. That's why it is in need of some much work. When Randy finishes with it I am sure it will be a crown jewel, just as the original owner envisioned when he built the place.

Have a peak
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...4d-118.2120721

The buildings along West Lake Drive (either side of the entrance) are the motel and the pool (needs liner) The building parallel to highway 3 is comprised of (starting at the motel)
1st Restaurant
2nd Lounge
3rd Coffee shop
4th a grocery
5th a Laundromat

The building right across from the last campsite (#48 where we are parked) is the campground showers and washrooms and showers and workshop.

Being the place was built way long time ago there are presently no sewers to the sites but that is in a rezoning application to be amended.

Lots of planned upgrades including a pavilion over the building housing showers etc.

The forested area to the south west of the motel will be made into a huge tenting and rustic camping area.

Electrical at the moment is non existent in the campground because of stolen expensive parts from the workshop. That will be modified by the end of next week and we will have 50 amp (actually dual 30) with a adapter. When the sewer rezoning is approved the campground will be upgraded to 50 amp service.

I will post pictures later as we are both anxious to get out of quarantine and start working on more than grounds cleanup.

Saved the best for last. Because they are not yet open for business Mizzie just loves the place. She can wander at will and has no restrictions. But all of you who know her, know that she is definitely Mommy's girl, and is always insight of mommy even when mommy is sitting in her gazebo making cards.

Barb, the creek is visible just south of the opening that is the tenting area. It runs diagonally from the Pines campground on Neimi Rd (behind us) to highway 3. Supposedly good trout fishing for the kids.
This is so cool! What a project!

Our passports are still valid, but Martin will tell me that's a LOT of miles from IL. Not that he's wrong, of course, but maybe he needs an attitude adjustment? [emoji56]
Old 06-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #85736

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
This is so cool! What a project!
They do want to contract out the operations of the above mentioned businesses. The laundromat has all new equipment ant I'm sure would do well in this area. Its the only commercial laundromat for thirtyish miles in each direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Our passports are still valid, but Martin will tell me that's a LOT of miles from IL. Not that he's wrong, of course, but maybe he needs an attitude adjustment? [emoji56]
Just do a southern belle thing and whomp him upside his head.