RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2020, 06:05 PM   #85793

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Look what I found! I used to catch and play with these when I was a kid living in Midland, TX. Sadly they are now critically endangered be cause much of the red ant population (Their primary food source) has been displaced by Fire ants and the efforts to control fire ants.

We called them Horney Toads and having one was a status symbol for grade school kids. This is the smallest one Iíve ever seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_lizard

I met and came to love them in Arizona!
Iíve never seen one so small, Barb.
The ones I saw, or that first saw me, we without fear, and not camera shy!
Dang, I miss AZ!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 PM   #85794

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
so did we all agree that Wayne, Tim and Jeff will wear a man-kini at the GC? and the rest of us would go blind
2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs, 1 wife
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #85795

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
so did we all agree that Wayne, Tim and Jeff will wear a man-kini at the GC? and the rest of us would go blind
That does it! I'm no longer even tempted to be there!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:12 PM   #85796

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
and miss the blinding sight of the 3 man-kinis?
2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs, 1 wife
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:24 PM   #85797

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Admit it Sue, you just need to satisfy your curiosity. doncha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
and miss the blinding sight of the 3 man-kinis?
Blinded by the site, revving up like a floozie a bit silly in the night .....
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #85798
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Horny toads are hard to see against the sand. It's the movement that I noticed. We have baby lizards here that are even smaller. I haven’t been able to catch any of them - they are fast! Horny toads will freeze as a defense mechanism because they blend into the sand so well. Humans have better eyesight than their predators so I was able to just scoop him up with some sand. At least he hadn’t developed the shooting blood out of his eyes trick yet.

Lily spends hours searching for and chasing lizards. I don’t think she has caught any, but she is very dedicated to her job as lizard wrangler. She’s gonna miss all the freedom she has had here. We’re so far away from anyone she doesn’t need a leash or fenced yard.

Tomorrow we head north towards cooler weather.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:17 AM   #85799

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Horny toads are hard to see against the sand. It's the movement that I noticed. We have baby lizards here that are even smaller. I havenít been able to catch any of them - they are fast! Horny toads will freeze as a defense mechanism because they blend into the sand so well. Humans have better eyesight than their predators so I was able to just scoop him up with some sand. At least he hadnít developed the shooting blood out of his eyes trick yet.

Lily spends hours searching for and chasing lizards. I donít think she has caught any, but she is very dedicated to her job as lizard wrangler. Sheís gonna miss all the freedom she has had here. Weíre so far away from anyone she doesnít need a leash or fenced yard.

Tomorrow we head north towards cooler weather.

Well if you ever come here, Lily can join LitaBit and QTpi as lizard wranglers.... i have a small tower of concrete blocks right in the middle of their play ground for the lizards to play hide and seek with the girls... lots of baby ones, but there are 2 big ones that are always here.....

Be careful, and keep us informed...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:09 AM   #85800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post

Blinded by the site, revving up like a floozie a bit silly in the night .....

Dang, Moose.
I didnít know you couldnít sing!

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #85801

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Dang, Moose.
I didnít know you couldnít sing!
Yup I sure can't but I will sing along at the top of my lungs and in my outside voice which sometimes causes much consternation. Irene gets sooooooo angry when I make up and blurt out words to one or the other of her favorite tunes as we travel along the highways and byways of our life. I usually sing the words I think should be there when I am harmonizing with the radidio. That makes me happy so no harm no foul to my way of thinking but it does cause issues when Irene sings my words to the right song in the wrong place.

At the next GC remind me to tell you the story of the Christmas Pageant Faux Pas I inadvertently caused by constantly singing the wrong words to the right carol during that august religious season. I thought it hilarious but Irene was going to kill me.

BTW its beautiful here in downtown nowhere BC. Big lake with magnificent views, beautiful mountains and thick full forests surround us where we sit (pictures to follow) in Quarantine like we are on a prison bus. Only a bit more time until midnight on the 14th and we magically are no longer a virus threat to the trees and such. So we keep busy piling up and burning the dead-fall from the campground trees just to have something to do. The other residents of the campground all work and live a few hundred yards from us where it is considered a safe distance from us. Is there such a thing as a safe distance from me. I feel sorry for the DW as she plays Jackie Gleason to my Paul Newman impersonations as we sometimes have a failure to communicate.

May have to start Rambo thinking as this area was used to film one of Stalone's movies years back. But that would mean I'd have to watch those movies and I really don't wanna do that. BTW I always cheered for the Russian.

Anyhoo enough about me, whatcha doing today?

Barb is probably rolling down the highway and singing her versions to her songs.

Wayne is likely driving his bride crazy as he is want but she soldiers on in great stead.

Dwayne is probably doing Dwayne things to his Jeep to make it better than all the other rock climbers out there.

Tim is probably napping and dreaming about all his Bambi killing exploits. I was informed that he kills way more in his sleep than when wide awake. I guess that's OK as it keeps him outta Mary's hair and w all know she puts up with a lot from that guy.

Carl is maybe changing a tire?

Hey it looks like I get chatty when confined.

Caio for now....
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
Old 06-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #85802

Quote:
Yup I sure can't but I will sing along at the top of my lungs and in my outside voice which sometimes causes much consternation. Irene gets sooooooo angry when I make up and blurt out words to one or the other of her favorite tunes as we travel along the highways and byways of our life. I usually sing the words I think should be there when I am harmonizing with the radidio. That makes me happy so no harm no foul to my way of thinking but it does cause issues when Irene sings my words to the right song in the wrong place.

At the next GC remind me to tell you the story of the Christmas Pageant Faux Pas I inadvertently caused by constantly singing the wrong words to the right carol during that august religious season. I thought it hilarious but Irene was going to kill me.

BTW its beautiful here in downtown nowhere BC. Big lake with magnificent views, beautiful mountains and thick full forests surround us where we sit (pictures to follow) in Quarantine like we are on a prison bus. Only a bit more time until midnight on the 14th and we magically are no longer a virus threat to the trees and such. So we keep busy piling up and burning the dead-fall from the campground trees just to have something to do. The other residents of the campground all work and live a few hundred yards from us where it is considered a safe distance from us. Is there such a thing as a safe distance from me. I feel sorry for the DW as she plays Jackie Gleason to my Paul Newman impersonations as we sometimes have a failure to communicate.

May have to start Rambo thinking as this area was used to film one of Stalone's movies years back. But that would mean I'd have to watch those movies and I really don't wanna do that. BTW I always cheered for the Russian.

Barb is probably rolling down the highway and singing her versions to her songs.

Wayne is likely driving his bride crazy as he is want but she soldiers on in great stead.

Dwayne is probably doing Dwayne things to his Jeep to make it better than all the other rock climbers out there.

Tim is probably napping and dreaming about all his Bambi killing exploits. I was informed that he kills way more in his sleep than when wide awake. I guess that's OK as it keeps him outta Mary's hair and w all know she puts up with a lot from that guy.

Caio for now....

Celebrating 53rd year of marriage today. Fancy meal tonight at steak house.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #85803
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
How does one quit being a Mlump?
Why would you want to quit? Just think of the good company you keep with the other Mlumps.

Quote:
So, Martin will be alone?

Quote:

Caio for now....
I just had to quote you to show how long it is and how inaccurate the bold part is.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #85804

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Steve and Mary Ann congratulations for the longevity of your mutual love for one another. Makes Mary Ann to be some sort of martyr. Love you both and see you in Shipsahoy.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #85805

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Why would you want to quit? Just think of the good company you keep with the other Mlumps.
Well I was thinking it would be unfair to the other mlumps if I stayed. After all they don't have the same fine physique and outstanding good looks like me.
Quote:
So, Martin will be alone?
When Sue gets on a roll I think Martin thinks he's all alone. She gets off to gallivanting like nobody's business.
Quote:
I just had to quote you to show how long it is and how inaccurate the bold part is.
To you inaccurate to your dear wife biblical.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #85806
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nope, not driving yet. I still have things that need to be stored away from the monsoons that are soon to come.

After 7.5 months of being parked on Connieís north side, I moved Homer to the south side this morning. Now I can show you what she looks like.

Sheís still very much a work in progress, but you can see the door and windows that Bob put in and the carport, turned water storage area, on the left. Plans are to build a screened porch that will stretch across most of the front. That will give me more water catchment area so Iíll need more water tanks.

Iím so proud of Homer! Once I threw the battery switch he roared to life despite not being started in months. From now on his place will be on the south side where there is plenty of gravel. His tires had sunk 3Ē into the sand in back but the carpet beneath them made getting out easy.

So where are we going? I still donít know anything more than north to cooler weather. Iíve decided to go east on I-8 which will allow me to stop at Costco west of Phoenix. From there ...????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23D6AEF5-8FEC-47FD-BAC5-097594ACAB0C.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	289035  
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote