Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #8625

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have to tell you about my morning. First, I'll say that the last time I drove my toad into town (60 miles round trip) I stopped to get gas and oops no wallet, but I keep 2 emergency credit cards locked in my glove compartment for just such occasions, but BOTH were invalid for different reasons.

So by the time I got home the dash display said I had .3 of a gallon of gas. No problem. I get 40 mpg and the nearest gas station is 7 miles. I should have 5 miles to spare. So Sena and I take off this morning to Cathlamet and once I get up to the highway I look down and the display says .1 of a gallon left (4 miles) and I still have 5.5 miles to go. Yikes!! So I slow way down and coast down the hills and promise God lots of things, just PLEASE don't let me run out of gas.

We are in the Pacific Northwest and it was drizzling rain and we even went thru one patch of dense fog. There is still one 3/4 mile long, pretty steep hill to go up and another mile downhill to the station, but whew! We made it and I filled the car up and then headed to the Post Office, all the while thanking God for being so merciful.

As I turned off the highway the sun was shining. Wow! Two great things happening in the span of only 10 minutes! I haven't seen the sun for weeks! Such an exciting day. I make 3 of the 4 turns on my way to the Post Office and there it is! A Rainbow!! It was so beautiful that I had to stop and try to take pictures.

We continued on to the Post Office, got the mail and headed back..,the rainbow was still there! So I stopped again to take more pictures. Once I find the transfer cable, I hope to get them out of my ancient cell phone and into my iPad and I'll post the best.

While I was taking pictures, it suddenly dawned on me. You can't have rainbows without rain. This was the lesson I needed to learn. I will be much less of a complainer about the rain now that that has been so vividly demonstrated to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #8626

Solo Rvers Club
Somewhere Along the Rainbow

I have decided to begin the Mutant Song -fest... this is my New Years Eve song ...do sing along
(tune : Over the Rainbow ..sing it like Judy!

(Chorus)
Somewhere, a-long the Rainbow
Muuu-tants sing,
All sing , a-long the Rainbow,
As New Year's Bells do ring..

Some day I'll drive beyond the hue,
And find me driving beside you,
.. in your rig,
Where gas is squeezed from lemon drops,
and diesel fuel from tootsie pops'
Now THAT... would save me ...
(Chorus)

If every single Mutant sings...
Along the Rainbow , Why,
Oh why don't I ?

Best ride and Best wishes in the coming year!

The Journey IS the Destination
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #8627

Solo Rvers Club
Okmunky Oh what a beautiful and inspiring day you have had, sure makes the rest of us want to find those rainbows.... even the ones reflected off the crystal fresh snow on a sunny day...
All Magical for sure! (angels ride with us as you have shown...)
Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #8628

A ponderance comes to mind, my fellow mutants.

Each and every time I think my fellow mutants have settled down to sleep, why oh why is it my mutated device does beep ? And lo and behold what is it I find, nothing more than a mutant opine. But not one or even two, tis more like a slew of opines twining between and through each other like the vines of ivy, with no end to find.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #8629
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
A ponderance comes to mind, my fellow mutants.

Each and every time I think my fellow mutants have settled down to sleep, why oh why is it my mutated device does beep ? And lo and behold what is it I find, nothing more than a mutant opine. But not one or even two, tis more like a slew of opines twining between and through each other like the vines of ivy, with no end to find.

Cheers !!!
Very Profound PT!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #8630

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Dwayne,

What you do to your Jeep depends on what ya want to do with it. If you are going to make it a rock crawler, you'll want to lift it and get bigger tires. Make sure you have roll bars and perhaps a winch and possibly on board air. As far as tops I have a hard top, you may want a soft top, and don't forget about skid plates, ya gotta protect the vitals.

Cheers !!!
It has a 8 point cage. I plan on using it everyday and I also play hard. it has a 3in lift with 31 10.50 x 15's are you selling the hard top ? winch check forgot to put it on my list thanks.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #8631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post

It has a 8 point cage. I plan on using it everyday and I also play hard. it has a 3in lift with 31 10.50 x 15's are you selling the hard top ? winch check forgot to put it on my list thanks.
Hey Dwayne,

No I'm not selling my top, cause I didn't get a soft top with it. It's our daily driver as well as our desert buggy and geocaching magic carpet. There are things I'd like to do with it, but just can't justify it right now.

Cheers !!!

I think you should go for the CJ7 though
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #8632

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, Dennis is out, no one say anything ( make any post) for the next few days!

NOT!

I predict 8 pages by the time he post again!
Wrong eleventeen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dennis, I'll let you know when you come back if I missed you.
Wellllllllllllllllllllll??????????

Here's a cool Christmas Yule Commercial...

This is why they are our favorite airline up here in Canader.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #8633

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
Okmunky Oh what a beautiful and inspiring day you have had, sure makes the rest of us want to find those rainbows.... even the ones reflected off the crystal fresh snow on a sunny day...
All Magical for sure! (angels ride with us as you have shown...)
When my daughter first started driving I bought her a keyring with an enscribed tag that read, "Never fly faster than your guardian angels can fly."

I must have many guardian angels. I've tried some really out there things in my life -- not dangerous or illegal, just ... Hmm, unusual. Ninety-five percent have turned out reasonably well.

I had a mentor/parent figure who once told me, "Barb, I used to worry about you, but then I realized that regardless of what screwball idea you tried, it all turned out OK. So I quit worrying." I know she's one of those who flies with me now.

Thank you Eve! The rainbow was beautiful. I miss you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #8634

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wrong eleventeen.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll??????????

Here's a cool Christmas Yule Commercial...

This is why they are our favorite airline up here in Canader.
Thanks for this wonderful celebration of the Christmas Spirit... looks like Operas 'pay it forward' is really in full swing...

most delightful!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #8635

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
When my daughter first started driving I bought her a keyring with an enscribed tag that read, "Never fly faster than your guardian angels can fly."

I must have many guardian angels. I've tried some really out there things in my life -- not dangerous or illegal, just ... Hmm, unusual. Ninety-five percent have turned out reasonably well.

I had a mentor/parent figure who once told me, "Barb, I used to worry about you, but then I realized that regardless of what screwball idea you tried, it all turned out OK. So I quit worrying." I know she's one of those who flies with me now.

Thank you Eve! The rainbow was beautiful. I miss you.

I had that as a bumper sticker on my van when it was new, about 4 years later parked in Costco it was stolen... maybe they needed it more than I, but it was there for the enlightenment of others, I already knew the rule..
Old 12-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #8636

As usual, the best thoughts and ponderances and lyrics....occur while I sleep.
Great stuff!
Hope you dont mind if I do a bit of "CNTRL-C".
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #8637

Tiffin Owners Club
RVM#27 CHECKING IN:

We were back in the hospital with double pnemonia from the brain surgery and when I got back to the thread I was 50+ pages behind. Just about the time I got caught up (only 15 to go) we decided to take a trip and when we get back it'll probably be another 50+ pages to go. You guys can post faster then I can read. We don't have a computer on the coach and nook isn't the way to read this thread.

JEFF, When you go to New England, be sure and go across the pond to the Maritimes (CA). We used to ride the ferry from Portland MA to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and then drive out through New Brunswick. Ask me about this at the GC. Some of the best lobster I ever had was in Prince Edward Island and also at Peggy's landing.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #8638

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Bob! We've missed you here. So how are you and Stephanie doing now? Please update us. Hope this is your best Holiday ever and Santa, AKA RVM#0 brings you all your wishes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]