RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2020, 11:38 PM   #87109
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh my gosh! So quiet.

Just be thankful - no more political phone calls. Yay!!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2020, 12:28 AM   #87110

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hey Wayne, it's 10:30 PM way out here on the west coast. Dis you fall asleep at your computer?
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #87111
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning Muties! It’s a gorgeous morning here in Arizona. I moved the RV back to our place since the weather has cooled off and I no longer need massive amounts of water to run the swamp cooler. It’s time to get Connie finished so that we can move in. I sure miss my helpers this year.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #87112

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ditto
Dennis, Denise and Mizzie (Tail Wagger Emeritus) living as Full Time RV Mutants #40
Old 11-04-2020, 04:43 PM   #87113
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Hey Wayne, it's 10:30 PM way out here on the west coast. Dis you fall asleep at your computer?
It's not my fault you cannot keep up with the time(s).
Old 11-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #87114
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alright y'all! There isn't a darn thing you can do about who gets elected or not elected so get over it.

It would be nice if y'all came back to this thread and posted like you have in the past.

We are going on a short 10 day trip around the middle of Nov. Going to our favorite place, Fort Sam Houston RV Park, San Antonio, TX. Any one that is going to be around that area, let us know. We can always meet you somewhere for an outside meal.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #87115

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wayne, we dutifully read this thread for every post (all 87115 of them) and either comment or not as we see fit. That said we are a bit depressed that the borders ill remain closed so we are opting to head for the warmest area of Canada to overwinter in. So with our chief medical health officer declaring one should not get together with people outside their 'bubble' we can not even go visit the kids this winter and Christmas.

As it is now the curly haired wonder will not reopen the border until January 21 next year at the earliest so we are no longer even trying to plan for a trip south. Although the next time through Quartzsite we may just declare ourselves adopted and just call it home.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #87116

I am here, check in at least 4 times a day,,,, but so many times when I do comment, it gets lost, so I mostly read...

We are in the between..... between AC and heat, and I love it....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #87117
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis, a group of us are paying your leader to keep you North of the line, but if'n you do sneak across the driveway is still yours to park in.

Di, we are the same. Early morning doors and windows open, afternoon might see the AC, and evening it cools down again. Right now, at 1:46 p.m. it is 76˚. Going down to the mid 60's at night for the next 10 days and daytime highs will be 71˚ to 76˚. Great weather for visiting -----y'all.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #87118

Fleetwood Owners Club
All this worry about Nothing. The world could end tonight and there nothing we can do about it. We don't know our appointed time. So, I'm going to deer camp! Suprise! It's youth weekend hunt. Not sure this year just how many families will be at camp, temps in mid 70s so a little hot. But yep, that's where I'm going! Wayne I would come down to harass you but it's just the wrong time of the year. Besides I'm afraid I'd catch what you've got! Dennis came down and parked in your driveway last year and it looks like he might have caught it. Worst case go the Uglies I've ever seen! To Ta Loo!
Old 11-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #87119
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,
It worked. Dennis came and now he is locked into the North territory. I'm inviting you down so maybe you'll be locked in to Ar-kansas.

But you are still welcome to come down AFTER you kil...er get Bambi!
Old 11-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #87120

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've been looking in here but keeping quiet.
This has not been a good trip. Coach water pump quit working. Fuse was blown but a new fuse didn't fix the problem. Accident in a parking lot in Ormond Beach FL. Tore a chunk out of the rear cap (other side this time) and damaged the utility bay door (second door there - replaced previously). But hey - you should have seen the other guy (I screwed up his right front fender and tire royally). Coming through TX, had a grease cap come off on a trailer wheel. Spewed out all the grease and melted the bearings. Axle survived but needed a new hub. Part of the wire to the electric brake had the insulation melted. Replaced section of wire but now being plagued with an intermittent short in the trailer brakes. Don't have necessary tools to pull wheel and check my wiring job. House batteries lost charge. NAPA test says need replaced (they were new last May?). Put them on the charger, they're holding OK so far. Hopefully just ran down. Yesterday the exhaust pipe decided to become wobbly and start bumping on the pavement. It's temporarily wired up (did that on the Interstate shoulder, glad it was on the passenger side). Today I was looking at my non-functioning right rear turn signal. Had a loose fitting connector so I sprayed contact cleaner on it and tightened the fit a little. Then the adjacent connector fell apart in my hand. New connector time. Safety chains tend to get below the trailer skid and scrape the pavement sometimes. One has worn through a link and separated. Replacement link goes on the shopping list.

Nothing has been insurmountable (only one day delay in travel schedule) but it has really been annoying...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #87121

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4240.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	307017
Somebody’s gotta keep a lookout

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #87122
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave and Carol, been there suffered thru stuff like that. You have my sympathy. These darn machines really know how to be a pain in the tookess, don’t they? When will you get to Yuma? I need a Mutant fix.

Ranger spent his first 23 years in chilly Oregon so he didn’t come with air conditioning from the factory. You can’t survive southern Arizona without it. So I ordered the parts, which of course had a few missing, so I spent several hours leaned over the hood of a junked pickup removing bolts and lines. Automotive stuff is Greek to me, but I found a local mechanic who is good and reasonably priced who was directing me. Tomorrow morning I get to take the bolts out of a thingy so he can put one of the parts inside.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote