Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2021, 11:20 AM   #88075

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
There are tons of puppies in Dateland. I saw an adorable pug/chihuahua mix and almost went to look at his sisters for you. When you get back down here I bet we can find you the perfect pup.
Thanks Barb, but I'm not sure when the looking will start in earnest. We both still have issues with even petting other pups. She was a huge part of our life together and we both still miss her immensely. By the time we are down there again may be the right time to start the quest; year after next will be fine.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2021, 08:48 PM   #88076

Moose, avert your eyes & hold your nose!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_140942.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	319560
One small rocket stove just getting started under a pan of maple sap. Apparently some of my twigs were more damp than I thought. The jar is brown glass, not finished syrup! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_152535.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	319564
Later on there's more steam & little smoke.
That ring of tiny bubbles looks like an ice ring, doesn't it?

Name:	20210227_153047.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	319565
Minding the fire, looking somewhat....rustic?

If you're staying put, might as well do something different, interesting, useful. Useful? Did I just say that?
Old 02-27-2021, 09:13 PM   #88077
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we lost Miya we were of our own opinion that because of our age we would not get another pet...but a short time later we decided that it was a not a situation we wanted to be in. We check several of the animal shelters and SPCA shelters in the area but we could not find one young enough or of the breeds that we would be interested in.

My son was the one that suggested a Goldendoodle and one evening on the Kemah Boardwalk a couple came walking by with a Goldendoodl. We chatted and they gave us the name of the breeder. When we got Lexi she was 7, almost 8 weeks old. So precious.

She has been a dear to our lives. Fun, playful, and loves all other dogs. She likes to see the cows and horses in our ride-about town. We have never regretted getting another pet, and especially Lexi.

She is Earlene's dog for sure - where ever Earlene goes in the house, Lexi goes with her. We miss Miya but Lexi has filled the void.

Go for it! And soon.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #88078
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
She is saying, "I wish they would hurry up and get in here so I can get going!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0348.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	319568  
Old 02-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #88079

Fleetwood Owners Club
I’ve thought about a blue healer. Oh not for the cows, but to help Mary get a little hurry up in her step.[emoji56]
Old 02-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #88080

Fleetwood Owners Club
The new baby got here. We’re setting at a such shop picking up parents some bait. I’m setting in lot, it’s taking for ever. Guess they had to cook it!
Old 02-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #88081

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
The new baby got here. We’re setting at a such shop picking up parents some bait. I’m setting in lot, it’s taking for ever. Guess they had to cook it!
You're due two congratulations.
First for the new grand baby So Congratulations to you and your family.

Second for the most ambiguous Mutant post in the 88080 posts presented so far. Again Congratulations. But this time just to you.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #88082

American Coach Owners Club
Smile R U a Mutant

Hey all.

So a couple of summers ago we bought a Harley, after having a couple Goldwings, the Harley didn't make the cut and we sold it Friday.

Found like new 2013 Goldwing and picked it up this weekend. The only issue was it was 953 miles each way. So I pulled a " Carl" and made the 1906 mile trip in 46 hours. Not to bad I think.

BTW Lancaster Minnesota is only 12 miles from the Canadian border. Once when the wind was just right, thought I got a whiff of the Moose.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #88083

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Hey all.

So a couple of summers ago we bought a Harley, after having a couple Goldwings, the Harley didn't make the cut and we sold it Friday.

Found like new 2013 Goldwing and picked it up this weekend. The only issue was it was 953 miles each way. So I pulled a " Carl" and made the 1906 mile trip in 46 hours. Not to bad I think.

BTW Lancaster Minnesota is only 12 miles from the Canadian border. Once when the wind was just right, thought I got a whiff of the Moose.
Says the "professional truck driver"

Lots of Harley models so not sure which one you had. What do you like about the Goldwing that the Harley didn't deliver on?

At least you're still biking, so that's cool. What did you do to transport the GW?

I was riding yesterday, weather was really nice. Travelled around a bunch of very-low-travelled roads on the interior. Saw a car/truck maybe every couple miles so the ride was nice.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #88084
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hey all.

I don't think you have to be close to smell the Moose. Sometimes I think it is the refineries and then I stop, exhale, inhale and yep! It's Moose!
Old 02-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #88085

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hey all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I don't think you have to be close to smell the Moose. Sometimes I think it is the refineries and then I stop, exhale, inhale and yep! It's Moose!

Look you two.. eventually the border will reopen and there's no way you are going to enjoy it when the moose gets loose.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:06 AM   #88086
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's a good think you have that nice lady with you or you would be banned from all travel!!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #88087

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
It's a good think you have that nice lady with you or you would be banned from all travel!!
if we taught the nice lady how to drive the RV then we could still ban the Moose
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #88088

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Since when do you think??

Ain't gunna fool me old old buddy.