Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #88719

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Well, whatcha say, Diesel-Lover?

The Muties have given youse much info, good guidance, silly thoughts, brave conjecture, and some homely yet horrible....

Well, I’ve gone on long enough!

YOU’RE IN!!!
Your lifetime dues have been paid in full by my huge team of RVM Temps, whom shall soon adorn you with your RV Mutant #

WELCOME TO
RVMdom, you silly foo... er... Mutant!!

Dave and Nola
RVM 1

Glad to be in your company. This club is a lot of fun, harkens back to a mix of HeeHaw and Ed Sullivan and Art Linkletter...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #88720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Tha_Face!

This could be the cover photo for the definition of Old Curmudgeon. I think I'm in love!
Old 05-17-2021, 04:01 PM   #88721

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Glad to be in your company. This club is a lot of fun, harkens back to a mix of HeeHaw and Ed Sullivan and Art Linkletter...
still watch HeeHaw and Ed Sullivan don't think Linkletter is on any more. what was old is new again
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #88722

Here here is a memory chip burner if not its a neato song!

Old 05-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #88723

Quote:
Welcome, thrice welcome, Diesel-Lover!

You seem to have done your research well before declaring yourself. Smart man!

You do realize, don't you, that you are now the keeper of the mop & broom. Cleanup duty is yours till the next sucke ... foo ... uh, newbie comes along. It does get a bit deep 'round here sometimes, so keep up. Now *there's* exercise for ya!

Greetings to your domestic boss, as well. Some of our spouses participate here, others not. Totally voluntary.

Intro: DH Martin is ex-pat Brit, now a bona fide American, according to his papers. I'm Cal born, IL raised, camped all my longish life. Glamping is new. We live as gentleman farmers on a glacial moraine in IL, travel w/ 2 cats currently & my garden, mostly snowbirding unless a Curiosity happens.

M. is the motorhead, techno guy. Me, I'm just a sort of ole hippie-type strange person. Find us at a Curiosity sometime. August in Shipshewanna would be a good start!

Cheers & welcome!
Old 05-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #88724

Quote:
Here here is a memory chip burner if not its a neato song!

Yep, cool song, even if you have to admit you never heard of Phineas & ... who? Like the music!
Old 05-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #88725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Welcome, thrice welcome, Diesel-Lover!

You seem to have done your research well before declaring yourself. Smart man!

You do realize, don't you, that you are now the keeper of the mop & broom. Cleanup duty is yours till the next sucke ... foo ... uh, newbie comes along. It does get a bit deep 'round here sometimes, so keep up. Now *there's* exercise for ya!

Greetings to your domestic boss, as well. Some of our spouses participate here, others not. Totally voluntary.

Intro: DH Martin is ex-pat Brit, now a bona fide American, according to his papers. I'm Cal born, IL raised, camped all my longish life. Glamping is new. We live as gentleman farmers on a glacial moraine in IL, travel w/ 2 cats currently & my garden, mostly snowbirding unless a Curiosity happens.

M. is the motorhead, techno guy. Me, I'm just a sort of ole hippie-type strange person. Find us at a Curiosity sometime. August in Shipshewanna would be a good start!

Cheers & welcome!

Thank you for the warm greetings. I loved the campground on the lake, a local or state park horizontally aligned with some outlet mall type thing if I recall correctly. The campground is right on the lake, so much fun it was. We stopped at the beach for Northwestern, an old college id got us in! Kids had a grand time, as it was not the high season yet so the total number of people there was our party and 8 others. Then we mosied on up to Illinois beach state park for camping.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #88726

Quote:
What I don't have in me RV is a built in Coffiffe maker on an exposed shelf!

Had one with .... but as a lonestar after one brewed the coffiffe went in the fridge ... then after lunch send a cup full into orbit .. the taste seemed to be altered. Switched to a hotpot and freeze dried instant, more than good enough for me and half strength too, so during the cold months I can have two cups in the morning a cup in the afternoon and one more in the evening after the meal or a cigar around the campfire. So no I do not miss the built in coffiffe maker at all. When I want a brew I use a french press, but will be trying a coffee press for a cup at a time soon!

Life is a Journey with many stops along the way! So yea the goal is the Journey, keep on keeping on.

EezMoose hope that covers it for a C+ at the least. Bullwinkle, Great Race, Yogi, speed racer... talk about grand Saturday mornings they used to be eh.

Okokokokok

RVM #199 is now Diesel-Lover.....
but I need a name to write in the list book....

Btw. Since I am the temp now, I do have a text number...
I read updates every am first thing... we are busy gators down here. Adding on classroom and workshops, and I am now on the Hernando County Fine Art Council, appointed by the county board, so I gave immersed myself into my community, no surprise for those who know me...

And thankful that Larry is feeling well enough to want a shop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1712.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	616.4 KB
ID:	328618

Name:	IMG_1721.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	815.7 KB
ID:	328619

Name:	IMG_1715.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	328620

Name:	IMG_1718.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	667.1 KB
ID:	328621
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #88727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Okokokokok

RVM #199 is now Diesel-Lover.....
but I need a name to write in the list book....

Btw. Since I am the temp now, I do have a text number...
I read updates every am first thing... we are busy gators down here. Adding on classroom and workshops, and I am now on the Hernando County Fine Art Council, appointed by the county board, so I gave immersed myself into my community, no surprise for those who know me...

And thankful that Larry is feeling well enough to want a shop.

Attachment 328618

Attachment 328619

Attachment 328620

Attachment 328621
Wow-o-wow-o-wow! Y'all really *are* busy gators! The work you have done since we saw that first load of rock on a bare lot ... boggles the mind. I'm so happy for your new lifestyle. Congratulations to both of you!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #88728

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Diesel Lover, great to have you aboard!
I'm Bill, RVM #172, hope to see you out there somewhere one day......or perhaps as to all Mutants, my invite to stop by for a stay at my new rv park. I'm set to open finally this year soon.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:27 PM   #88729

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh, where's the mop and bucket? Pass it on to the new recruit!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:54 PM   #88730

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Welcome Diesel Lover, great to have you aboard!
I'm Bill, RVM #172, hope to see you out there somewhere one day......or perhaps as to all Mutants, my invite to stop by for a stay at my new rv park. I'm set to open finally this year soon.
where is the RV park? always looking for a new destination
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 PM   #88731

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
where is the RV park? always looking for a new destination
Hey there chocochip man!
It's in North Central Iowa near Clear Lake. It's called The Corn Patch Corner. It's a small micro-park I designed and built from scratch. Here's the sign to go up soon....

Name:	20201125_193705.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	328648
Old 05-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #88732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hey there chocochip man!
It's in North Central Iowa near Clear Lake. It's called The Corn Patch Corner. It's a small micro-park I designed and built from scratch. Here's the sign to go up soon....
Attachment 328648

The sign brings the movie

Field of Dreams movie to mind!

Lovely.

RVM199 (1 shy of the bicentennial!)
RVM brings On Golden Pond to mind!