Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 07:36 PM   #89251
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mary and I are curious, with such a large selection, which style of hat did y’all choose?
It's a surprise for next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Charlene, a livestream was accomplished at the GC in MI a few years ago. Don't know how it was done, but surely it's possible ... w/ Zoom, maybe? C'mon, someone techier than me!

Wish we could see you in person. We still have an Asian market crawl to do!

Speaking of which, who's up for making sushi? Wayne has the equipment & experience, I've got mat & nori in the cupboard but very little experience. Is anyone else interested? We could even bastardize the project by using thin strips of cooked beef for those who don't like raw fish. Why not?!

Cheers!

Sue, all my equipment is at the house. I didn't know we were going to do sushi, but really all you need is the mat, nori, and fish. BTW, if salmon, steelhead trout, etc., are farm raised they are ready to go other wise freezing at -4 degrees F for 7 days makes any cut of fish sashimi grade.

For the squeamish, don't think of raw fish as the only type of sushi. Sushi can be vegetables and/or eggs, and also cooked fish...think smoked salmon for instance. Try slices of carrots and avocado...doesn't have to be all raw fish.

Now Sashimi is just plain old raw fish and with a touch of soy and wasabi is delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I may be able to offer a Zoom meeting, & that is 2-way. Viewers need access & I'm not sure yet how to do that. I think it would (have to!) be free.

Dave Steen, can you remember what y'all cooked up for the MI gig? You & Wayne? Carl's wifi, prob?

I don't remember how we did it, but I remember that was some buffering problems,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:36 PM   #89252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

[COLOR=blue] Sue, all my equipment is at the house. I didn't know we were going to do sushi, but really all you need is the mat, nori, and fish. ....

....think smoked salmon for instance. Try slices of carrots and avocado...doesn't have to be all raw fish. ....

I don't remember how we did it, but I remember that was some buffering problems,
Should we discuss this on the Shipwreck thread?

Buffering issues, you betcha!! It was still fun, if stressful for the guys trying to make it run!

Oooh, smoked salmon! (Very unladylike slobbering at the thought of it.) I like cream cheese, avocado & cucumber in my sushi, & hardly care what the fish is. A lightly cooked shrimp is more than acceptable.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #89253
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a bit of a blow here last night. One neighbor's big trampoline got lifted up and deposited on top of his fence. In Tacna, a small town 25 miles west of here, a microburst collapsed a steel girder building frame and knocked a tree over into someone's house.

I went down to check on Connie about 8:30 and found the new 6’x48’ shade (that I worked 3 days installing) had pulled up 2 out of 3 ground anchors. The pipe frame was bent in several places and it looked ready to leave for Mexico.

My only light source was a small solar motion sensor light, but somehow I managed to get cement blocks back there and secure the ratchet straps to 2 blocks for each pole. At one point I was holding the strap with my teeth and maneuvering the ratchet with my hands.

By 5 am the winds were dead calm and I went down and added more anchors and cement blocks to the other poles. This took about 3 hours, but I felt confident that it was secure when I finished.

We'll see ... we have another blow coming tonight. Life in the desert is never boring!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #89254

Fleetwood Owners Club
If a person was to fry up some crappie or catfish, how many would be interested.

Caught this year, battered and deep fried. I know not everyone’s cup of tea but might be possible. Need to know just how interested the group is for this!
Old 07-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #89255
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim, aren’t you up past your bedtime?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #89256

Quote:
If a person was to fry up some crappie or catfish, how many would be interested.

Caught this year, battered and deep fried. I know not everyone’s cup of tea but might be possible. Need to know just how interested the group is for this!
Oh, yes! Please!
Old 07-22-2021, 11:23 PM   #89257

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
We had a bit of a blow here last night. ....

I went down to check on Connie about 8:30 and found the new 6’x48’ shade .... looked ready to leave for Mexico.

.... At one point I was holding the strap with my teeth and maneuvering the ratchet with my hands.

.... confident that it was secure when I finished.

We'll see ... we have another blow coming tonight. Life in the desert is never boring!
All the best, Barb. Once was quite enough, I think, but the desert may have other ideas! Let us know how it went, cuz we have ommms going Connie's way. Hang in there, girl!
Old 07-23-2021, 04:04 AM   #89258

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

making my mouth water just thinking about it
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:06 AM   #89259

Quote:

Most certainly. Bring some for us.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:16 AM   #89260

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tim, aren’t you up past your bedtime?
Since our S&B is in total disarray, we have to spend the day in the MH for AC, go out to eat and visit friends and relatives till time to go home and to bed.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #89261

Quote:
Since our S&B is in total disarray, we have to spend the day in the MH for AC, go out to eat and visit friends and relatives till time to go home and to bed.
Might as well go FT for the duration, hey? Park that rig in a scenic spot on that hill & act like onsite contractors w/ garden priveleges.

We did that 2 summers running before our place was liveable. YMMV, of course.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:49 AM   #89262

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Welcome to my world...I haven't slept in my house since I got back from FL back in May!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #89263
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
NOTICE:

Those attending the Shipwreck GC in Shipshewana, IN, August 9th through the 16th...or however long you want to be there, please check the following frequently as things do change and items do get added, so check the following:

Shipshewana Shipwreck GC

If you have not signed up and plan on being there be sure to call and make your reservations (TIM). Don't want anyone to have to boondock in a pasture...oh, yes, Tim would be right at home there.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #89264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
NOTICE:

Those attending the Shipwreck GC in Shipshewana, IN, August 9th through the 16th...or however long you want to be there, please check the following frequently as things do change and items do get added, so check the following:

Shipshewana Shipwreck GC

If you have not signed up and plan on being there be sure to call and make your reservations (TIM). Don't want anyone to have to boondock in a pasture...oh, yes, Tim would be right at home there.
Sorry, guy, but that link took me (twice) to the ABS thread. Ruh roh!