Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #89321

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I learned a lesson today: patience has its own reward. I applied for a Harbor Freight credit card about 2 months ago and I decided to buy their $3300 towable backhoe. I didn’t need the credit, I wanted the 10% discount off the first purchase with the card.

Anything and everything that could delay this happened - They sent it to my SD address, I lost some gift cards that I needed to add in, etc, etc. today I finally had all the obstacles jumped, or so I thought. Their website wouldn’t accept my order. So I called customer service for the 10th time. Instead of being angry, I played the sympathy card.

I worked! I got the discount via an override by the lovely lady on the phone ... AND .... I will still get a 10% discount on the first order I put on the card.

Wait til you see all the holes I plan to dig on Notta Ranch! I am putting geothermal cooling pipes into Connie, my planned ground level fish tanks for aquaponic gardening are a go, and I might dig a root cellar for cooler storage. Plus, I do think it will be great fun just to play with.

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-hp-t...hoe-62365.html
all I can say you are one amazing person, looking forward to meeting you some where some time.
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #89322
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
all I can say you are one amazing person, looking forward to meeting you some where some time.
Boy, do I have you fooled! i’ve always believed that I could do anything that I set my mind to doing. I told my daughter when she was about 12 years old that the only job she couldn’t have was being a sperm donor. My ex husband used to say “that’s woman’s work“. Anybody wonder why he’s my ex?

I’d love to meet you and Rebecca too! I think it would be fun to have a GC in Arizona this winter. Maybe we can find a park in Yuma that’ll have enough space for us. A lot depends on whether or not the Canadian border reopens.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #89323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Just a FYI here…. I gave always used the IRV2 app as opposed to the website…. Just my preference sine I exclusively use an IPad rather than a full laptop or desktop….

However the last 2-3 weeks it has been on a bender. It will not load the newer posts. So I missed a lot of good retort chances

But don’t fuss over a fire pit. Just put some red food coloring in a jar…. You guys are still lucky enough to get together.

I miss you, I miss the get togethers, but we just cannot travel… Larry rode with me to Bradenton, FL to pick up a grand from camp and was exhausted for a week….

Enjoy that you can get together. I will have to just enjoy being a ‘’has been’’……

No comments at all?
ok, I am a has been….. (tear drops)
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:39 AM   #89324

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
No comments at all?
ok, I am a has been….. (tear drops)
it is all Wayne's fault. sorry ya'll can not make it, I know you and my wife would be like 2 peas in a pod.
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
Old 07-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #89325

Fleetwood Owners Club
A has been!
Yeah right!

You know we all miss you two. My advice is stay rested up, you never know when a FLASH GC might break out right in your front door! Also remember some of us are battling our own issues along with this COVID mess and for the record, camping in your RV barn is no fun!
Old 07-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #89326

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Boy, do I have you fooled! i’ve always believed that I could do anything that I set my mind to doing. I told my daughter when she was about 12 years old that the only job she couldn’t have was being a sperm donor. My ex husband used to say “that’s woman’s work“. Anybody wonder why he’s my ex?

I’d love to meet you and Rebecca too! I think it would be fun to have a GC in Arizona this winter. Maybe we can find a park in Yuma that’ll have enough space for us. A lot depends on whether or not the Canadian border reopens.
a GC in AZ would be fun, been talking to Rebecca about going west rather than south this winter. I know when the border reopens that the campgrounds will be full.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:06 PM   #89327

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
a GC in AZ would be fun, been talking to Rebecca about going west rather than south this winter. I know when the border reopens that the campgrounds will be full.

Be careful Bull. From my experience for every job that needed a back hole or excavator operator they also need 2-3 hand shovel operators.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #89328

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Be careful Bull. From my experience for every job that needed a back hole or excavator operator they also need 2-3 hand shovel operators.
does that hand shovel come with detailed written instructions?
Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 PM   #89329

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Wink

Quote:
yes. But they're in Chinese. No problem tho. They have pictures.
Make sure you have good gloves.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:00 PM   #89330

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

No instructions but I might be able to help you. I’ve been watching the road crew working on the highway here. It appears the big big boss sets in the truck with the AC on. The big boss has a clip board with papers so he can fan himself while talking to worker #1 who has a shovel handle tucked under his arm and leaning on it. Worker #2 is in ditch leaning on shovel and wiping sweat.

Must of been a fellow on a back hole that dug the ditch.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #89331
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Go to first page of Shipwreck.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/2021...-540429.html#1
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:27 PM   #89332

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
A has been!
Yeah right!

You know we all miss you two. My advice is stay rested up, you never know when a FLASH GC might break out right in your front door! Also remember some of us are battling our own issues along with this COVID mess and for the record, camping in your RV barn is no fun!

Lol…. Thanks Tim. And yes, that is why we haven’t been back to Ark to visit…. We have a rv that Larry has never slept in, I spent one night with grands in my yard. But we do use it for day trips..

I think moving to FL gave Larry a new purpose….

This year has been tough on many areas. We have been less impacted than most areas, thankfully. My prayers are with each of you and your own struggles…. Physical and material…. I try to celebrate each day, just because it is another day….

Lol, and I will never be a has been…. You know me…. I JUST MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH….
Old 07-29-2021, 06:29 PM   #89333

Quote:
it is all Wayne's fault. sorry ya'll can not make it, I know you and my wife would be like 2 peas in a pod.

Awwww. Thank you…. Maybe one day….
Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #89334
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some day Di, some day. We may just come a knockin'
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

« College Football | - »