Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-21-2021, 02:45 PM   #89503
Senior Member
 
PappaBull's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Prospect, KY
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My two cents...

We should entertain the idea of staying elsewhere. Not that I have anything against Timberland, but one thing it does not have is cabins (for our camper-less members)...

Here's what I've found so far (all the places below have cabins):

Forest Ridge Campground - this place has cabins (not necessarily the best) and the rates are around the same as Timberland. No pavilion or other gathering building. It does have a group fire pit.

Narrows Too Camping Resort - This is a Thousand Trails resort, so not sure this would be appealing to all. Rates are around $30 MORE per night than Timberland. Place is big, has an "Activity Center" and lots of site choices.

Smuggler's Den Campground - Smaller place, around $20 a night more than Timberland. Looks woodsy.

Bar Harbor Oceanside (KOA) - A KOA, prices are higher unless you're a KOA member (like a lot higher than Timberland).

Hadley's Point Campground - Prices slightly cheaper than Timberland, I didn't see any pavilion, but there is a barn (LOL).

So just throwing that out there for alternatives and consideration.

does Timberland have a pavilion? is there a hotel close by? I only have 1 cent
__________________
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #89504
Senior Member
 
bokobird's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SideOfTheHouse RV Park Resort, CT
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
does Timberland have a pavilion? is there a hotel close by? I only have 1 cent
Timberland has a pavilion.
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With Mac (28 yrs) and Boko (25 yrs) the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 02:58 PM   #89505
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
does Timberland have a pavilion? is there a hotel close by? I only have 1 cent


Does have a pavilion. Don’t know how close a cabin/motel/hostel/Airbnb would be.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #89506
Senior Member
 
MartinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign Co. IL
Posts: 599
[QUOTE=bokobird;5882342]My two cents...



Hadley's Point Campground - Prices slightly cheaper than Timberland, I didn't see any pavilion, but there is a barn (LOL).


Is that where the camperless folks stay?
__________________
Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:46 PM   #89507
Senior Member
 
PappaBull's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Prospect, KY
Posts: 771
[QUOTE=MartinC;5882506]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
My two cents...



Hadley's Point Campground - Prices slightly cheaper than Timberland, I didn't see any pavilion, but there is a barn (LOL).


Is that where the camperless folks stay?
my 1 cent worth there are hotels within 2 miles of Timberland per google
__________________
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #89508
Senior Member
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok so since I’m the only one on here I’ll correct myself.

Seems they would have given you a shot, that is unless the seams in your skirt was to short!

There!


Hahaha… love it…. Actually I did not really try, we got turned down as Publix, they are only giving to the exact ones listed. Went across the street to Walgreens and he got it… I did not want to do anything to jeopardize his…

But I am thinking really hard about going back…. Same one and just telling her, I did not realize that some of my conditions are considered immunosuppressive…. Really true, just mine are minor, but they don’t give a % on what is moderate…. Lol…

Will let you know..
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2021 THOR Delano 24fb
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #89509
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,831
R U an RV Mutant too?

Timberland has one other great quality. It’s close to the super cheap lobster shack Ed, I and the girls came across!

At $30 more a night at some of the other places, we could be eating lots of lobstah!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:10 PM   #89510
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,831
I’m thinking of the menu already.
Day 1 lobster
Day 2 lobster
Day3 lobster
Day4 lobster
Day 5 lobster
Day6 lobster
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:17 PM   #89511
Senior Member
 
rezman's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Anyplace Rainbow, USA
Posts: 758
Maine GC 2022

Thanks for pondering possibilities for a GC in Maine, 2022.

I just suggested Timberland as the campground using the KISS method.
__________________
Ed H
The "Wife" Jackie, and the dog Daisy (RVM51)
2000 American Eagle ( Jenny), 2013 Jeep Wrangler
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #89512
Member
 
Max Headroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 42
I've been lurking on the site for quite a while, even before I bought my coach, and read plenty of the posts in this thread, so I figured I might as well jump in.

I'm sort of an RV mutant. And unlike a lot of you, I wasn't a camper, or RV'r at all, and jumped in with a 40' DP as my first.

And I'm not quite like the toy hauler or Bounder folks, but I feel that I might still be a mutant. Especially on the coach side, and not so much on the lifestyle.
No slides, no 'smart wheel', or any overly complicated unnecessary stuff.
It's not like I didn't have 'must haves' when I was looking, even though some were more like 'must not have', like auqua-hot, DEF, EGR and no air only auto leveling, to name a few.
Wanted a DP, wanted a diesel genset, on a slide out, wanted a fiberglass roof, wanted a fuel filler on both sides, no leaks, no delam, wanted big cube Cummins power, side radiator, and a Jake. Since I didn't want slides, I wanted big, as in over 35'. Wanted a 6 speed, and real air brakes, not 'air over hydraulic'.
After narrowing it down over the course of a year or so, it looked like Monaco, or American Eagle, with my sweet spot somewhere around 96-00 models. Wanted something that had been driven and maintained regularly, but not abused. Wasn't overly concerned with the condition of the house side, as long as the expensive stuff was working, and wasn't trashed. Anything in the era I was looking at was going to be dated looking and probably a little worn, and I figured over time I'd be revamping the interior cosmetics, or I'd just learn to live with it since it's just me and my dogs.
I'm not retired, so my style is more driving, and less sitting. Unlike the OP, I won't pay to have someone else do things, unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm a DIY guy, and frugal. For me, some of the fun is working on them, doing upgrades here and there, although that can turn into a 'love-hate' thing at times!

On the list of stuff the OP posted, there are a few things on there that I like. I have a ham radio license, so having a two way radio would be on my list, as is the Scangage. I'm a bit leery of the RV fridge's catching fire, and might consider putting in a domestic. As it is, I have a bar size domestic fridge in the washer cubby, and don't use the propane fridge.
I'm in the camp that thinks carrying an unmounted spare is a good idea, and when I replace my tires, I'll probably save one for that purpose.
I'm agnostic on heat pumps and the TPMS. I see the value, but don't feel the loss of not having either. A nice Milton truck tire gauge and a tire beater works for me.

I love looking at these high roller coaches, they are awesome, but they're not for me. I'm happy to have what I have. And even though my Executive is old, and modest compared to these high-roller suites on wheels, there are times when even the opulence of my well loved 20+ year old coach is somewhat embarrassing when neighbors or coworkers that live paycheck to paycheck want to check it out.
__________________
97 Monaco Executive 40ft no slides
659 cid 450 hp Cummins M11 w/Jake.
Allison 4060 6 spd. Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel genset
Max Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #89513
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,831
We’ll Max there is no doubt your mutant for sure. We do have a two step application to this high class group..
1) name something your rig doesn’t have and you don’t miss.

2) on this thread make the public proclamation that the “Journey is the Destination”

Good luck, application scorers are standing by!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #89514
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,752
Max, any of that stuff you said you don't have, do you miss it?

Don't forget the "Journey."
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:15 PM   #89515
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
I've been lurking on the site for quite a while, even before I bought my coach, and read plenty of the posts in this thread, so I figured I might as well jump in.

I'm sort of an RV mutant. And unlike a lot of you, I wasn't a camper, or RV'r at all, and jumped in with a 40' DP as my first.

And I'm not quite like the toy hauler or Bounder folks, but I feel that I might still be a mutant. Especially on the coach side, and not so much on the lifestyle.
No slides, no 'smart wheel', or any overly complicated unnecessary stuff.
It's not like I didn't have 'must haves' when I was looking, even though some were more like 'must not have', like auqua-hot, DEF, EGR and no air only auto leveling, to name a few.
Wanted a DP, wanted a diesel genset, on a slide out, wanted a fiberglass roof, wanted a fuel filler on both sides, no leaks, no delam, wanted big cube Cummins power, side radiator, and a Jake. Since I didn't want slides, I wanted big, as in over 35'. Wanted a 6 speed, and real air brakes, not 'air over hydraulic'.
After narrowing it down over the course of a year or so, it looked like Monaco, or American Eagle, with my sweet spot somewhere around 96-00 models. Wanted something that had been driven and maintained regularly, but not abused. Wasn't overly concerned with the condition of the house side, as long as the expensive stuff was working, and wasn't trashed. Anything in the era I was looking at was going to be dated looking and probably a little worn, and I figured over time I'd be revamping the interior cosmetics, or I'd just learn to live with it since it's just me and my dogs.
I'm not retired, so my style is more driving, and less sitting. Unlike the OP, I won't pay to have someone else do things, unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm a DIY guy, and frugal. For me, some of the fun is working on them, doing upgrades here and there, although that can turn into a 'love-hate' thing at times!

On the list of stuff the OP posted, there are a few things on there that I like. I have a ham radio license, so having a two way radio would be on my list, as is the Scangage. I'm a bit leery of the RV fridge's catching fire, and might consider putting in a domestic. As it is, I have a bar size domestic fridge in the washer cubby, and don't use the propane fridge.
I'm in the camp that thinks carrying an unmounted spare is a good idea, and when I replace my tires, I'll probably save one for that purpose.
I'm agnostic on heat pumps and the TPMS. I see the value, but don't feel the loss of not having either. A nice Milton truck tire gauge and a tire beater works for me.

I love looking at these high roller coaches, they are awesome, but they're not for me. I'm happy to have what I have. And even though my Executive is old, and modest compared to these high-roller suites on wheels, there are times when even the opulence of my well loved 20+ year old coach is somewhat embarrassing when neighbors or coworkers that live paycheck to paycheck want to check it out.
Hi Max, that will be a nice coach! I just sold our 98 HR Imperial (very similar) and it was an awesome coach. No electronics to cost a lot to diagnose and fix. They are very well built. Welcome to the group!
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 2006 K Z Spree 26 ft. RVM59
We came, we went, nothing broken, nothing bent!
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #89516
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,831
Carl looks like you might have a storm to deal with. Stay safe!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
PappaBull
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.