Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2021, 01:27 AM   #90049

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
So a few pages back Carl ( The bird whisperer), posted that a Macaw was available near him. After a few phone calls and a lot of thought Jackie and I decided we would love to have it. So we left Thursday after driving 525 miles and headed South. Arrived back home this morning.

So met Crush our new addition.
Crush is gorgeous! I wish you all easy bonding & a beautiful relationship. Can't wait to meet him/her!

You have a great mentor, if Carl is willing! Sort of in the family, donchaknow.

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2021, 07:28 AM   #90050

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
As luck would have it, Jackie and Ed have been owned by birds in the past, so it's not like they're starting from scratch. The B&G may be different than their previous birds, but I think Crush is in the best home possible...of course, I'm always at the ready to discuss birds
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #90051

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok so I’m at deer camp, reading here and there on the small screen iPhone and really amazed how Carl is handling this Ed and Jackie getting a bird for thanksgiving.

Or did I miss something?

On a more serious note, I tripped at noon yesterday falling across my arm. The arm is ok but the ribs are really bummed up. Enough that I’m contemplating leaving deer camp for an X-ray. Of course it happed at noon so almost everyone was in camp and came running. Nice to know they cared, now I just have to put up with all the old man jokes.

Think I’ll have chicken tonight , I’ll call it Tyson!
Old 11-15-2021, 06:01 PM   #90052

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
On a more serious note, I tripped at noon yesterday falling across my arm. The arm is ok but the ribs are really bummed up. Enough that I’m contemplating leaving deer camp for an X-ray. .... now I just have to put up with all the old man jokes.
Bummer, Old Man! Are you sure a sneaky little son of a venny-son didn't stick a hoof out in your path?

Take care of those riblets, now, y'heah? Don't need no cracked bones or pleurisy. Makes getting in your winter's venison a bit tricky, not to mention ruining campfire time.

Bones ommms!
Old 11-16-2021, 06:43 AM   #90053

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Bummer, Old Man! Are you sure a sneaky little son of a venny-son didn't stick a hoof out in your path?

Take care of those riblets, now, y'heah? Don't need no cracked bones or pleurisy. Makes getting in your winter's venison a bit tricky, not to mention ruining campfire time.

Bones ommms!

Thanks Sue, many of the younger guys came by the campfire checking on me. Some saw me on the ground and thought I had a heart attack. They told me to hunt if I could and call if I shoot something and they would come load it and clean it for me.

I may milk this till end of season!
Old 11-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #90054

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thanks Sue, many of the younger guys came by the campfire checking on me. Some saw me on the ground and thought I had a heart attack. They told me to hunt if I could and call if I shoot something and they would come load it and clean it for me.

I may milk this till end of season!
You and Wayne seem to be in agreement on this subject! Who'da guessed that would ever happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:56 AM   #90055
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
So a few pages back Carl ( The bird whisperer), posted that a Macaw was available near him. After a few phone calls and a lot of thought Jackie and I decided we would love to have it. So we left Thursday after driving 525 miles and headed South. Arrived back home this morning.

So met Crush our new addition.
I know the microwave in the tractor is small, but that bird will only feed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
On a 36 inch cast iron griddle with a bacon press is my preferred way. Earlene uses the oven.

Quote:
Ok so I’m at deer camp, reading here and there on the small screen iPhone and really amazed how Carl is handling this Ed and Jackie getting a bird for thanksgiving.

Or did I miss something?

On a more serious note, I tripped at noon yesterday falling across my arm. The arm is ok but the ribs are really bummed up. Enough that I’m contemplating leaving deer camp for an X-ray. Of course it happed at noon so almost everyone was in camp and came running. Nice to know they cared, now I just have to put up with all the old man jokes.

Think I’ll have chicken tonight , I’ll call it Tyson!
Morw likely what they inherited like boots, rifle, sleeping bag, parka, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You and Wayne seem to be in agreement on this subject! Who'da guessed that would ever happen?
Still milking it, just some more years to go!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #90056

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The ongoing saga; Will we ever get to Aridzona.... continues

Our coach is being worked on and repainted in Chilliwack BC. The painters said it should still be ready by Friday if all goes well. The problem right now is getting from our daughters place on Vancouver Island to the repair depot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...XOwCtQQ4dUDCA0

See also

https://www.google.com/search?q=cbc+news+bc+flooding&client=firefox-b-d&ei=LfSTYdb8CqTL0PEP8-CqoA0&oq=cbc+news+bc+flooding&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6E AwyBQgAEMQCOggIABCwAxDEAjoGCAAQBxAeSgQIQRgBUJwIWPQ PYIEiaAFwAHgAgAFOiAGSApIBATSYAQCgAQHIAQHAAQE&sclie nt=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiWx9nEvZ30AhWkJTQIHXOwCtQQ4dUDCA0

At present all the highways between us and the coach are likely to reopen by Friday. The highways that we need to travel to get to the stuff we have stored are likely to be closed for an undetermined amount of time because of rock slides.

We're caught between a rock and a hard landslide it seams. Will update when we know how we can navigate this mess to get over the border.

Y'all be good now and whomever is sticking pins into the voodoo travel weather-doll; please stop.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #90057
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As long as you two are safe is what is most important
Old 11-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #90058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Our coach is being worked on and repainted in Chilliwack BC. The painters said it should still be ready by Friday if all goes well. ....

We're caught between a rock and a hard landslide it seams. Will update when we know how we can navigate this mess to get over the border.

Y'all be good now and whomever is sticking pins into the voodoo travel weather-doll; please stop.
Chilliwack? Seems to me you'd have been better adding pontoons than paint! (....unless it was an SOS sign.) Any idea if it's still ok?

I put that doll in a safe place, ya know.
Now where was that?

Weather ommms!
Old 11-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #90059
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue did you find my safe place? I have been looking to retrieve some thig I placed there. Unfortunately it is very safe!!!
Old 11-16-2021, 11:44 PM   #90060

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Chilliwack? Seems to me you'd have been better adding pontoons than paint! (....unless it was an SOS sign.) Any idea if it's still ok?
According to the facility the coach should still be online for us to pick it up Friday next.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:07 AM   #90061

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
According to the facility the coach should still be online for us to pick it up Friday next.
Good luck with that! The system that pumps water out of Sumas flats to keep the waters from the Fraser River from reforming what was once Sumas lake has failed. There does not look like there will be any relief there for quite some time. That is the main road connecting Chilliwack and the Vancouver area. The other highway has some pretty major problems as well. The two highways from Chilliwack going east have catastrophic washouts and slide across them. To go south they are having problems across the border as well with a lot of flooding and washouts. It is not good there at all.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #90062

Fleetwood Owners Club
Total rib fracture!
Lucky there was no punctures, DR warned about limiting my movements so I now know Mary CAN lower the ramps and unload the side by side. Not to mention unload the clothes bags and firearms. This is going great!