Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2021, 12:49 PM   #90147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dennis, don't visit his deer stand. When no one was in it, it fell to the ground. No telling what it would do if his beef and yours were to climb up into it. Now if it is just the mountain top, well, still be careful.
Well I guess that settles it. Thanks for your input PITA #1. (Bird mans title not mine)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #90148
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So happy to contribute!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:28 AM   #90149

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dennis, don't visit his deer stand. When no one was in it, it fell to the ground. No telling what it would do if his beef and yours were to climb up into it. Now if it is just the mountain top, well, still be careful.
I didn't think the height would be an issue.
It is already laying on its side; isn't it?
Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #90150

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
for those who don't care but have nothing better to do than to read this thread: I just got home home from having a complete roof replacement (including the wood). lifetime warranty with NO maintenance, no more climbing on the roof. found out the PO was less than honest about previous roof work. if the weather gets better next week the air bags get installed. looking forward to Baa Harbor.
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #90151

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
for those who don't care but have nothing better to do than to read this thread: I just got home home from having a complete roof replacement (including the wood). lifetime warranty with NO maintenance, no more climbing on the roof. found out the PO was less than honest about previous roof work. if the weather gets better next week the air bags get installed. looking forward to Baa Harbor.

Good to hear you won’t be singing “ raindrops keep falling on my head”. Enjoy getting out on the road
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #90152

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Kevan, you and WTF are in for a treat. Next spring you will be given the opportunity to meet, me Moose, (aka Possum) and my dear wife Denise. When we get close to youse guyes we will contact you for a homing in on address and I will guarantee that once you have been officially introduced to me you will forget all about the rotund one, cir cumference or whatever moniker you want to throw his way. You will find I am a way more fun than reading this thread....
Old 12-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #90153

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeBus View Post
Good to hear you won’t be singing “ raindrops keep falling on my head”. Enjoy getting out on the road
Just fer your information when Kevan was young they would pay him a quarter to sing; and then upwards of five bucks to shut up, so be prepared.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM   #90154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Just fer your information when Kevan was young they would pay him a quarter to sing; and then upwards of five bucks to shut up, so be prepared.
the older I get the more they pay. on the way back from getting the roof replaced I was singing to my dog hope my leg heals soon
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
Old 12-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #90155

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Kevan, you and WTF are in for a treat. Next spring you will be given the opportunity to meet, me Moose, (aka Possum) and my dear wife Denise. When we get close to youse guyes we will contact you for a homing in on address and I will guarantee that once you have been officially introduced to me you will forget all about the rotund one, cir cumference or whatever moniker you want to throw his way. You will find I am a way more fun than reading this thread....
Considering whom posted this I completely understand the error. But it’s
Rebecca BTW (pronounced be-‘twas).

Don’t be offended Rebecca, it’s a Canadian thing!
Old 12-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #90156

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Moose, me and BTW (Rebecca) are anxiously waiting to meet Denise, all it takes is a phone call. do ya'll plan to make the GC in Baa Harbor in august?
Old 12-05-2021, 09:39 PM   #90157

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Moose, me and BTW (Rebecca) are anxiously waiting to meet Denise, all it takes is a phone call. do ya'll plan to make the GC in Baa Harbor in august?
Probably not. We are planning on redoing our honeymoon trip to the steam railroads of Pennsylvania and area. East Broad Top, Strasburg, and also the Cass Scenic slightly south of there. The timing of Bah Hah bah is almost too close to our anniversary for us to be able to do both.

I would love to go though as Denise and I did drive to Maine years ago just to go for fresh lobstah.The only problem with the planned GC is that PITA1 and PITA2 will be there. But then again so will their wonderful wives so this may prove to be the saw-off that allows us to attend.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:15 PM   #90158

I don’t like slideouts. I don’t watch TV and had my satellite dish removed because it leaked. Now that I’m in one spot for a few days I wouldn’t mind hooking up to cable to watch westerns.

I like this forum and have read many posts mainly on things that can go wrong. If I had joined this forum before I bought I may not have bought. I had no idea how troublesome an RV can be.

My old teardrop served me well.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:27 PM   #90159
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
OH my, oh my, oh my! Dennis' nose is way out in front of his brain, way out. I'm not sure if there is a tape measure that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryH001 View Post
I don’t like slideouts. I don’t watch TV and had my satellite dish removed because it leaked. Now that I’m in one spot for a few days I wouldn’t mind hooking up to cable to watch westerns.

I like this forum and have read many posts mainly on things that can go wrong. If I had joined this forum before I bought I may not have bought. I had no idea how troublesome an RV can be.

My old teardrop served me well.
Henry, you are most welcome here. We need more folks to pick on. However, to be a fully fledged RVMutant you need to declare that the journey is your destination.

I'm the nice quiet smart one of the group. Pay no never mind to what anyone may say of me. Once fully fledged be sure to ask for my theme song.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:29 PM   #90160
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello HenryH001! Welcome to the RV a mutant thread. You may not know that you have stumbled into a group of misfit RVers who have been harassing each other since 2013.

Have you read the first few pages? They will enlighten you as to how we started and the necessary exam that must be passed before you can claim your esteemed RVM number.

So, study hard and come back and join us.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote