Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2021, 11:53 AM   #90315

Monaco Owners Club
31 deg. in Oliver B.C. light snow. Marcie is recovering from a surgery on her jaw to remove a bad gland that has bothered her for years. She is currently on a pureed diet so Christmas dinner will be different this year.

Merry Christmas to all the Mutants and their families, peace to all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #90316

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wishing for yummy purée for Marcie.

Merry Christmas everyone .

Wayne I’ve been looking over my trip to Bar Harbor and was thinking a stop over near Gettysburg would be nice. Think you could guide us around, the First Person narration would be nice.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #90317

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What a day this has been! It started raining about 2pm yesterday and rained all night. We got 3/4 of an inch by 2pm today with a few showers later. Paved roads are few and far away so I took Ranger when I had to go out. Proudly, he handled the drowned sand roads nicely and we didn’t get stuck. I just wish Lily and Bebe hadn’t waded thru every puddle in the yard and brought so much mud into the house. But, it was a much needed rain, so I want to thank Mother Nature for the early Christmas gift.

To all of you … I hope this is your best Christmas ever!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #90318

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
What a day this has been! It started raining about 2pm yesterday and rained all night. We got 3/4 of an inch by 2pm today with a few showers later. Paved roads are few and far away so I took Ranger when I had to go out. Proudly, he handled the drowned sand roads nicely and we didn’t get stuck. I just wish Lily and Bebe hadn’t waded thru every puddle in the yard and brought so much mud into the house. But, it was a much needed rain, so I want to thank Mother Nature for the early Christmas gift.

To all of you … I hope this is your best Christmas ever!
I’m in Kingman and it rained here too.

Ho ho ho and Merry Christmas to all.
HenryH001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #90319

Merry Christmas to all of my mutant friends. We are certainly counting our blessings on this wonderful day. God bless you all. May good health be yours during the coming year.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 07:00 AM   #90320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Merry Christmas to all of my mutant friends. We are certainly counting our blessings on this wonderful day. God bless you all. May good health be yours during the coming year.

Yes!
And Merry Christmas to all of RVMdom!!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #90321
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now Tim, if'n we were there I would be very happy to to tell you where to go. I know, I know, Mary tells you all the time and I also know that you are happy to be on your way.

However, if'n you have not been there before I can tell you a few things. Artillery Ridge CG is maybe not the nicest one in the area but it is 1/2 mile from the Gettysburg National Military Park headquarters and visitor center. You need to go there and purchase the Auto Tour CD and use it to visit the battleground. The self guided tour is the best way to see the area in our opinion.

Before you go riding around visit the Diorama in downtown Gettysburg, again only a short distance from Artillery Ridge CG. It used to be free if you were staying at Artillery ridge. Oh, an Artillery Ridge is also a horse camp and if'n you are up to it you can take a trail ride through the battlefields. There are lots of Civil War places to visit in the area.

Be careful of the pigeons near the statues. I hear tell they like tall ugly people. (I can't believe I just said that on Christmas Day!)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:18 AM   #90322
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yesterday T'was the night before Christmas.

Today:

Merry Christmas everyone. May your day be blessed with happiness.
Old 12-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #90323

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Mutants!

So who has had the most fun Christmas this year? It’s certainly not me, I spent several hours connecting a new pressure switch to Connie’s water system. But I know some of you have had a grand time today. Please share with us. You know some of us have to live vicariously thru others. I can’t think of any group that might have had a better day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #90324

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Mutants!

So who has had the most fun Christmas this year? It’s certainly not me, I spent several hours connecting a new pressure switch to Connie’s water system. But I know some of you have had a grand time today. Please share with us. You know some of us have to live vicariously thru others. I can’t think of any group that might have had a better day.

Merry Christmas, Barb, and to all Muties out there!!

Our Aqua-Hot is down: no hot water! Hopefully will have it repair or a instant heater installed.
Good camp showers and heating water on the stove is aplenty!

It’s time for me to back off from being the only Grand Poobah! My stuttering and slow speaking have gotten quite lousy.

Sue and Dwayne and more have stood in for me quite a bit since our first GC in 2014. But, we WILL be at GCs whenever we can! Planning is something I can help with and enjoy!

Story: Even at the first GC, my capability was limited. What you may have seen me do, my stage show mostly included cheat sheets, where I stood up front and read from crib sheets or my phone notes.
I was doing my shtick and having a great time! But I required the crip sheets. I wrote em!
I had seldom stuttered to spit out the words, but it’s too difficult now.

It sure was a blast of fun back then. I just can’t keep on going with my mouth!

What Muties want to jump in!

My great granddaughter is now nearly 5 and 1/2 years old.

No worries for Nola and me. We are still viable!!!

Any words from Dave and Carol?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #90325

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Merry Christmas, Barb, and to all Muties out there!!

Our Aqua-Hot is down: no hot water! ....

It’s time for me to back off from being the only Grand Poobah! My stuttering and slow speaking have gotten quite lousy.
Planning is something I can help with and enjoy!

Story: Even at the first GC, my capability was limited. .... but it’s too difficult now.

It sure was a blast of fun back then. I just can’t keep on going with my mouth! ....
Barb, I believe you have earned a holiday rest!Did you git 'er done? That would make it a happy holiday indeed!

It saddens me to hear Dave is having more trouble with speech. Presentations & rituals just won't be the same. Crib sheets or no (nothing wrong with that), a standard has been set!

But hey! There can only ever be one, ah say one, Grand Poobah! Active duty or semi-retired, maybe.... IMO, you should be entitled for life.

Now as to successors (& titles), I thought of a Poobah II, or Poobah the Second, but other than that, I'll leave it up to better minds than my scatterbrain. No great leader, me, but I'll help where I can.

Now for something completely different, I made us English Christmas crackers this year & PoP is attached. Those are paper tubes filled with a tissue paper crown, a joke or riddle & a small favor or toy. Supposed to have a little noisemaker that's activated when it's pulled apart, like the caps in a cap gun. That's the cracker part. Two people take hold of opposite ends & pull against each other till the tube tears & the one who gets the bigger part gets the contents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_161543.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	352277

Martin got them both. I ask you, is that fair? Anyway, since I made them, I only loaded one for him anyway. Our selfie is totally silly since we didn't have enough hands to show the crackers & still hit the shutter button.

I do hope the Aquahot is soon repaired. We do get used to those conveniences, don't we?! Good to hear y'all are still viable!

As for Dave & Carol, he's prolly still out there moaning, " I can’t do it...."
Old 12-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #90326
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had the Aqua hot stop producing heat a few years ago. Luckily there is an Aqua Hot Guru in Houston and it was fixed quickly. Seems one of the pumps gave out. It is not fun to get to the AH in our rig, must be a contortionist.

So get it fixed 'cause it provides not only hot water but heat from the hot water.

Now Dave, who cares if you stutter, it just makes it more interesting wondering whats going to come out...and then surprise us. Who cares if you have to have crib sheets. Not I, nor most likely anyone else. Send those crib sheets around and from time to time someone will step out and say "your" words of wisdom in becoming an RVM

Let's face it. Many of us are getting up there in years, but for us, as long as I can drive safely we will continue to roll.

God bless everyone and stay safe this Holiday season.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:18 PM   #90327
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb,
We celebrated Christmas last weekend with the older kids going off to NY to see inlaws/outlaws. Great time. Today we celebrated with younger kids and we had an additional surprise.

Two RV friends from Saskatchewan, CA called and said they were 3 hours out. We knew they were coming but did not know exactly when. So we most definitely invited them over for Christmas dinner and was so happy to have them here. It was a very pleasant gathering, and fun.

Now if the other Kanuckistans would get off the bowl and start traveling that would be another wonderful New Years gift.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:58 AM   #90328

American Coach Owners Club
Grand Pooba

I am glad Great Minds think alike.

I have been pondering Dave's post and came to these ideas.

Dave will always be "The" Grand Poobah. He may not have known but it's a life commitment. Sorry there is no replacing you.

Now if he becomes the silent type, he can appoint someone to step in and help. I was thinking Court Jester as a title, maybe someone else has an idea.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote