Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2021, 11:01 PM   #90371

Happy New Year, y'all! May it only get better!

Thinking of da Moose & bride, especially right now. Hope you are warm & safe & where you need to be at the moment. Better days starting today!

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2021, 11:59 PM   #90372

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Muttis
Happy new year
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:02 AM   #90373

Happy New Year! I’m going to bed now.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:03 AM   #90374

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy 2022 y’all! Let’s hope that some resemblance of normalcy returns to our world this year.

Am I the only one still up? I guess that three hour nap I took late this afternoon has me wide awake now.

A friend came over today and helped me work on Connie. We were able to put the linoleum down in the living room, straighten up a bunch of tools and get my bed set up. I still need to clean up the remaining sawdust and sand, organize the makeshift kitchen and move enough of our stuff over from Homer before we can start sleeping there.

Although far from finished, most of the really messy work is done and it will be easier to work in there now. Tomorrow is a planned trip to Yuma, but Sunday will be dedicated to getting Connie ready!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:22 AM   #90375

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning, happy new year, happy birthday.
That should cover it.
Now down to business. We’re looking at venturing up through Vermont on our way home from Baa Haaba. A Google search shows numbat one attraction is a tour of Ben & Jerry factory. Really!

Any suggestions on a few days in Vermont?
It’s one of the states we haven’t been to is our main reason to go but ice cream factory tour is #1. Seriously.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #90376

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Good morning, happy new year, happy birthday.
That should cover it.
Now down to business. We’re looking at venturing up through Vermont on our way home from Baa Haaba. A Google search shows numbat one attraction is a tour of Ben & Jerry factory. Really!

Any suggestions on a few days in Vermont?
It’s one of the states we haven’t been to is our main reason to go but ice cream factory tour is #1. Seriously.
Tim, gonna be in your area sometime mid to late this month and would love to visit with Mary and Queen Ann.

friend of mine has toured Vermont by MC and used the State tour guides a lot. she said the main attraction is the history and covered bridges (watch out for height restrictions).

Wayne, plan to be in Texas City late this month looking forward to seeing Earlene and Lexie.

as usual no reservations only a vague idea of a direction. if the weather holds a trip to Kansas City to Little Rock to Crowley, LA to Texas City then?
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:45 AM   #90377

Fleetwood Owners Club
Kevin thanks for the warning, let us know when you have a date better zeroed in.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #90378

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh also Kevin, thanks for the info on Vermont. Now also looking at Rhode Island.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #90379

Quote:
Must of been some we picked up before PEI. Remember we spent 2-3 weeks in kanukland before we meet up in PEI!

I remember staying at St Andrews on the Kewanis Openfront Camping place where you cleaned my RV windshield. But no tomatoes.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #90380

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dwayne to the rescue and from 1800 miles away, give or take.
He has a buddy of his bringing us and extension cord and charger so we can circumvent the botched and hooped alternator and that should get us on the road. Kind special people who would be willing to get up new year morning and go help bail out someone they don't know. As us how much we love Shara Dwayne and their collection of friends.

Happy New Year all.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:16 PM   #90381

Quote:
Oh also Kevin, thanks for the info on Vermont. Now also looking at Rhode Island.
If you get to RI, you might check out Bristol. It's a charming waterfront town between Providence & Portsmouth. It has (or had) a lovely Episcopalian church, & was apparently the first town to have a 4th of July parade. The parade route (past that church & along the seafront wall) is always kept painted red, white & blue. (Hope Street)

Colt was originally based there, complete w/ a family mansion ... & a state park. Our neighbor Cappy used to run the ferry out to Hog Island, & the big bridge (that used to scare the bejeesus out of another neighbor) crosses the river east to Portsmouth. The Herreschoff Marine Museum is now next door to the place we lived on Burton St. (Previous life) Coggeshall Farm is open to the public & is of interest me because Coggeshall was my mother's ancestral family name.

TMI? Apologies. I got carried away!
Old 01-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #90382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Dwayne to the rescue and from 1800 miles away, give or take.
He has a buddy of his bringing us and extension cord and charger so we can circumvent the botched and hooped alternator and that should get us on the road. Kind special people who would be willing to get up new year morning and go help bail out someone they don't know. As us how much we love Shara Dwayne and their collection of friends.

Happy New Year all.
Hope that did the trick & you're ready to roll again! Bless Dwayne & Shara & their friends!

Cheers!
Old 01-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #90383

We had Hoppin' John for supper. It's a southern thang, especially SC: Black-eyed peas, pork hocks, rice, greens, & red chili flakes. It's all for good luck in the new year:

The peas swell when cooked, so they indicate prosperity.
Pork because hogs root forward (good luck) and never chicken because they scratch backward (bad luck).
Greens indicate dollars.
Some add carrot coins for obvious reasons, & serve with cornbread which is gold in color.

Anybody else have similar food traditions for NYD?
Old 01-01-2022, 07:04 PM   #90384

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I heard from Moose and Denise this afternoon. They were rolling again thanks to Dwayne and one of his Seattle friends. They were 39 miles north of Portland and planning to drive about 80 miles before stopping for the night. Who knew that an RV generator, a battery charger and an extension cord could take the place of a failed alternator?? We learn something new here every da … uh, once in a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote