Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 08:53 PM   #90567

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I don't know just how to inform all of my fellow mutants but here goes. The "primitive" cabins at Timberline just won't work for me. Midnight and early morning walks to the bathhouse just won't work for me.

I've investigated the possibilities of reserving hotel/motel rooms close to the campground and these places want to take my firstborn for a stay at their place during the prime vacation season in beautiful Maine. Add the cost of overnight stays in hotels/motels while traveling to and fro to Indiana. It's a real "yikes" for my budget.

I'm still uncertain about my post op physical condition also.

If you're within 150 miles of my home in Indiana or my home in Florida, I would be glad to meet up with ya'all. So I have to back away from my commitment to attend the Bar Harbor event. Sorry.
I'll be visiting youse twos in another week or two...things here have stabilized with heating and it's getting darn cold next week, probably enough to motivate me to get out of dodge...or wherever I am...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 11:07 PM   #90568

Fleetwood Owners Club
Soooo...
Tim, if you have "Paul Revere" boots, do you have the white tights to go with them?

'60's era trivia: Paul revere and the Raiders had a local hit with the song "Louie, Louie" before the Kingsmen hit with it nationwide.

"Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen has been the only song (I'm aware of) that was ruled against the law to play on radio in Indiana. There was so much concern about the lyrics somehow being vulgar that even the FBI investigated it. Their conclusion, "we can't understanding what he's saying either.."

I have a cassette tape which has around a dozen different versions of "Louie, Louie" ranging from the original writer to a marching band (then it gets weirder...)

This ends today's music trivia. Thank you and goodnight.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:18 AM   #90569

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Soooo...
Tim, if you have "Paul Revere" boots, do you have the white tights to go with them?
your kidding right? Everything thing I have is tight!

'60's era trivia: Paul revere and the Raiders had a local hit with the song "Louie, Louie" before the Kingsmen hit with it nationwide.

"Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen has been the only song (I'm aware of) that was ruled against the law to play on radio in Indiana. There was so much concern about the lyrics somehow being vulgar that even the FBI investigated it. Their conclusion, "we can't understanding what he's saying either.."

Dang long hair music

I have a cassette tape which has around a dozen different versions of "Louie, Louie" ranging from the original writer to a marching band (then it gets weirder...)

This ends today's music trivia. Thank you and goodnight.

The real question is are you and Carol coming to the Lobster A Go Go! Sounds like the moon rise trio could strike again!
Old 01-20-2022, 07:13 PM   #90570

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
Steve, so sorry to hear that you may not be able to attend. you will be missed. hopefully something will work out. what part if Indiana do you live?
We're just north of Indy. The town is Noblesville.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #90571

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'll be visiting youse twos in another week or two...things here have stabilized with heating and it's getting darn cold next week, probably enough to motivate me to get out of dodge...or wherever I am...
We need to get together a few more times Carl.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:39 PM   #90572

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
We need to get together a few more times Carl.
I'm all for that, perhaps a visit or two to Di and Larry and any others we can coerce to come along...all good.

My company, like a lot of companies, have switched to "unlimited time off" starting this year. So no more "set" days off. I asked if I could take perhaps 6 months at a time, nothing but silence on the other end of the line
Old 01-20-2022, 08:26 PM   #90573

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
And Then On Another Note .....

What does one get when one wants to take more than one tow to an event?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	354322

This is the passenger side rear view

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3042.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	354323

Driver's side view of the unit in its entirety. The unit can haul their living quarters, A quad and the jeep or buggy they need for the competition they are competing in.

I will attempt to get and post pictures of this unit all hooked up to the truck and loaded with the competition vehicles loaded up and strapped down.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:56 PM   #90574

Quote:
.... The "primitive" cabins at Timberline just won't work for me. ....

.... these places want to take my firstborn for a stay at their place during the prime vacation season ....

I'm still uncertain about my post op physical condition also.

.... So I have to back away from my commitment to attend the Bar Harbor event. Sorry.
Steve, I'm sorry to hear we won't see you at Bah Hahbah, but I certainly understand about the cost at high season. Like you, we had considered the cabins, but were told they had no toilets. We aren't fond of midnight treks to the bathhouse, either, or the chamber pot, for that matter. Deal breaker!

Perhaps we would get over your way for a mini or midi-C. Keep us posted on your situation. We also need to know when to ramp up the ommms when there's a surgery scheduled.

Martin seems to be rethinking whether he really wants to drive all the way to Maine, even with a passel of RVMs at the end of the rainbow. Nuh-oh! Can't we just snap our fingers or click our heels together 3 times & be there?

Oh, but lobstah! With buttah!

And blueberries! Last time I cooked everything blueberry I could, since they were in season, even making some rather tasty beverages. (Blueberries are reputed to improve one's memory, but I don't see much dif ... um, what were we talking about?)
Old 01-20-2022, 10:08 PM   #90575

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Bah Hahbah is not that far from IL. Geez...day trip
Old 01-21-2022, 09:12 AM   #90576

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Bah Hahbah is not that far from IL. Geez...day trip
If you can do 1255 miles in a day you're a better man than I Gunga Dinn.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:26 AM   #90577

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
If you can do 1255 miles in a day you're a better man than I Gunga Dinn.
even harder with the cold, rain, snow etc. that I will bring
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:09 AM   #90578

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
even harder with the cold, rain, snow etc. that I will bring

I think you have earned a new nickname.

Mr Freeze
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #90579

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Steve, I'm sorry to hear we won't see you at Bah Hahbah, but I certainly understand about the cost at high season. Like you, we had considered the cabins, but were told they had no toilets. We aren't fond of midnight treks to the bathhouse, either, or the chamber pot, for that matter. Deal breaker!

Perhaps we would get over your way for a mini or midi-C. Keep us posted on your situation. We also need to know when to ramp up the ommms when there's a surgery scheduled.

Martin seems to be rethinking whether he really wants to drive all the way to Maine, even with a passel of RVMs at the end of the rainbow. Nuh-oh! Can't we just snap our fingers or click our heels together 3 times & be there?

Oh, but lobstah! With buttah!

And blueberries! Last time I cooked everything blueberry I could, since they were in season, even making some rather tasty beverages. (Blueberries are reputed to improve one's memory, but I don't see much dif ... um, what were we talking about?)
I won't know about a time for my surgery until Tuesday afternoon (the 25th) for my surgery on the 26th. Today, I think I've jumped thru all of the pre-op hoops for "being a reasonably good candidate for a successful surgery". Tooooo much CYA stuff going on to suit me. I will be glad to be free of the pain in my abdominal area (3 . . . hernias soon to be mended) yippppeeeee!!
Old 01-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #90580

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wonderful greetings to Jen and Corey, Barb!
Will you fill them in on you amazing abode and equipment?

Hope your place is reconstruct.

Missin you, Sister!!
Wow! I am a bit far behind in reading this thread. So time for a little ketchup -

I guess Dave is wanting me to tell you about Connie, my shipping container turned tiny house project that I have been working on for the last 2 1/2 years. We moved in about two weeks ago, but that doesn’t mean she’s finished. Actually I doubt she’ll ever be finished because I always find some new project before I’ve completed the ones then I’m working on currently. We live totally off grid in Yuma county Arizona. That means solar power, capture or hauled water and lots of peace. All RVMutants are certainly welcome to come stay if you are set up to Boondock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote