Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #90651

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quartzsite Gathering (On very short notice)

Mutant Gathering in Quartzsite....
Today at or close to 4:30 pm at the Stagecoach Restaurant across from the Dollar General on the north side access road. Four confirmed so far are
Deb and Dale Bashaw
Moose and the Mrs Moose.

No need to sign up just show up.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #90652

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mutant Gathering Somewhere on I-10 After Feb 18th 2022

Come one come all to the next long range Mutant Gathering.

Place to be named after Denise and I get to Copper Mtn RV in Tacna.

Open to all Mutants and Mutant Wannabees

Please indicate if you will be attending

Attendees planning to attend so far

Barb Parker
Denise and Dennis

We will notify of the actual venue once we have the numbers almost confirmed and tentative seating booked. The site will be set between Fortuna Rd and Welton AZ east of Fortuna Rd.

The last I-10 gathering that I am aware of was held at the (ISTR) Daybreakers Restaurant at the northwest corner of Fortuna Rd and I-10.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:48 PM   #90653

Fleetwood Owners Club
We must have missed that one. I remember the one at DaBoyz in downtown Yuma 2 years ago.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:04 AM   #90654

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
We must have missed that one. I remember the one at DaBoyz in downtown Yuma 2 years ago.
It was where Carol and Dave presented the Notta Ranch sign Barb displays so proudly.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:49 AM   #90655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Prayers Steve…. Where are you? Down south or north? Let us know when you are ready for visitors, and we will come visit you…. Smile if you are in Florida….

3rd day post op, but that is only because of gas pain…. Many times they inflate you to give them room to work… both on old fashioned and robotics…. son David does both….

Take care and stay warm this weekend….
We are in Florida at our Ruskin park model. We're glad because the surgeon that did my 2019 surgury and the hospital he's associated with are 20 minutes away. Both he (Dr. Donavan Tapper) and the hospital (St. Joseph's South).

I tested positive for Covid on Sunday so I can't see folks for a while. I'd love to see you two but I'm not good company right now. Finally able to walk and sit down without assistance. Significant pain still present. (5th day post-op.) Moved from oxycodone to Tylenol extra strength last night.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:23 AM   #90656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
We are in Florida at our Ruskin park model. We're glad because the surgeon that did my 2019 surgury and the hospital he's associated with are 20 minutes away. Both he (Dr. Donavan Tapper) and the hospital (St. Joseph's South).

I tested positive for Covid on Sunday so I can't see folks for a while. I'd love to see you two but I'm not good company right now. Finally able to walk and sit down without assistance. Significant pain still present. (5th day post-op.) Moved from oxycodone to Tylenol extra strength last night.

For sure….. and I didn’t mean right away, but when you feel like it, it’s time for us to come see you guys and your area…. And right now Larry is feeling better than you…. Prayers for healing…..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #90657

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Click image for larger version

Name:	mutant 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	355252

This is the pop as according to my computer this pic was taken at Daybreakers Restaurant in Fortuna AZ.

When we first got there our reservation was set to be placed in the bar area and it was Karaoke Night. We moved to a side room off the restaurant as we couldn't possibly allow a mutant anywhere near a microphone eh?
Old 02-01-2022, 07:25 PM   #90658

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Bummer on the positive test, I know I didn't give it to ya

Well, I'm back in the area (19 hour 3 minute ride, birdies are pooped), so I'll keep my distance for the next week or so...see you two soon though I hope!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:25 AM   #90659
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Testing positive and having illness are actually two different matters. I’ve heard hospitals get paid a bonus for every positive test and if you cycle them enough times they will always come out positive.

My hope is that you have no symptoms. Feel better soon!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:19 AM   #90660

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On a different Note

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	355340

While I was sitting at my desk having coffee I happened to notice the smallest hummingbird I have ever seen down here in Arizona. The colouring was very different in that the head was a bright purplish blue. The item above it to the left is an on/off switch for the hanging "BAR" light cord it is using for a perch.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #90661

Fleetwood Owners Club
Winter weather tip!
How to prep for a Arkansas Winter Storm. Weathermen are calling for Soow, Sleet and Freezing Rain to cover AR starting this afternoon. Earlier we got a light rain and a front has entered from the northwest bringing the previous mentioned weather. So when I got up this morning the rain had stopped leaving the large mountain of leaves in back yard only damp for the top couple of inches. So with temperatures in low 60s I raked back the damp stuff and started burning.

Friend from the NW corner of the state called to visit as the sleet had started at his house, was surprised to find I was in shirt sleeves and burning leaves. Well the temp is now in upper 30’s but no precipitation yet so leaves still burning! Just watched the afternoon weather report and they’re saying all back to normal by Monday!

So the tip is, burn your leaves when you can!
Old 02-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #90662

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Winter weather tip!
How to prep for a Arkansas Winter Storm. Weathermen are calling for Soow, Sleet and Freezing Rain to cover AR starting this afternoon. Earlier we got a light rain and a front has entered from the northwest bringing the previous mentioned weather. So when I got up this morning the rain had stopped leaving the large mountain of leaves in back yard only damp for the top couple of inches. So with temperatures in low 60s I raked back the damp stuff and started burning.

Friend from the NW corner of the state called to visit as the sleet had started at his house, was surprised to find I was in shirt sleeves and burning leaves. Well the temp is now in upper 30’s but no precipitation yet so leaves still burning! Just watched the afternoon weather report and they’re saying all back to normal by Monday!

So the tip is, burn your leaves when you can!
what is normal in Arkie land????
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:15 PM   #90663

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
what is normal in Arkie land????

Might I suggest reading in Corinthians, Hebrews, Danial, Psalm and Revalations to name a few books where a good description of ARKIE land is illustrated!

Y’all still down around Corpus?
Old 02-02-2022, 07:11 PM   #90664

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Y’all still down around Corpus?[/QUOTE]

yeah, decided to stay a extra week to let San Antonio thaw out
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote