Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2022, 03:36 PM   #91981

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Wayne's a bit further away at the moment...oh, with some other mutants as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC0874.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	372581  
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #91982

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I know those folks❗️
Old 08-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #91983

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
having too much fun we will be there tomorrow for those that are prone to leave town when I show up.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #91984

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody_Chris View Post
We've got 3 nights booked at the local beach parking lot the last week of August for shakedown. Might take a short tour through New England in September. Then a 3 week round trip to Austin Texas in October. Not sure if we'll wait until early spring for the next trip (destination to be determined) or not.
Come spend winter in southern Arizona. That way you won’t have to winterize that new rig before you get it broken in. That would be such a shame.

I can even help you put solar on your new rig so you won’t be dependent on plugging in. I am totally off grid both with my RV and my tiny house. I live in the sunniest place in the world. Yuma, AZ is listed as the sunniest city by The Guinness book of world records.and we get more sun than Yuma, we just aren’t a city. There are some great prices on panels down here, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:01 PM   #91985

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Come spend winter in southern Arizona. That way you won’t have to winterize that new rig before you get it broken in. That would be such a shame.

I can even help you put solar on your new rig so you won’t be dependent on plugging in. I am totally off grid both with my RV and my tiny house. I live in the sunniest place in the world. Yuma, AZ is listed as the sunniest city by The Guinness book of world records.and we get more sun than Yuma, we just aren’t a city. There are some great prices on panels down here, too.
Sounds very tempting but not sure it's in the cards ... Yet. Main concern is a 13 y/o house cat. She's a bit too old to put the shock of our traveling rodeo on her.

As for the solar, the TT came with a 165W panel and 80AH Battery. Will probably consider an upgrade in the future, but that would also mean new Lithium batteries and appropriate charger/controller. Our shakedown is off grid so we can get a better feel for how long we can go without shore tie.
Rhody_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #91986

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha Richard, see you lurking!
Want some firewood?
Old 08-01-2022, 08:03 PM   #91987

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ha Richard, see you lurking!
Want some firewood?

I tried to talk Queen into cutting some….

She didn’t even think about it before she exclaimed “NO!!!”

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:21 PM   #91988

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
I tried to talk Queen into cutting some….

She didn’t even think about it before she exclaimed “NO!!!”
Just wait till January, she’ll be thinking twice! Ice storm, no power, no heat oh Tim I wish I had some firewood!

And I’ll probably haul some your way.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:54 PM   #91989
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We've got 3 nights booked at the local beach parking lot the last week of August for shakedown. Might take a short tour through New England in September. Then a 3 week round trip to Austin Texas in October. Not sure if we'll wait until early spring for the next trip (destination to be determined) or not.
Austin is about 220 miles from us. Beaches in Galveston but not as good as Hampton but the water is most definitely warmer. We'll be home in October. Driveway has 50Amp and water. Dump is about 1.5 miles away and is free.

Come on down!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #91990
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Arrived around 3 p.m., and Carl came down to the site to bother us. I just ignored him and let Earlene handle the mutterings.

Finally set up and sat down. A loud air horn sounds. Hey it's an American Eagle pulling a red jeep. HEY! That's Jackie and ED. Very nice surprise,
Old 08-01-2022, 09:18 PM   #91991

A newish neighbor came up today, offering us some sweetcorn. While he & Martin were talking, he told Martin if we ever needed trees felled or mowing done, he'd be happy to help. M is a wiz with the mower, but boy do we need tree work done!

I reckon we must look like the old folks on the block now.

Wonder if there's any truth to that!
Old 08-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #91992

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Sounds very tempting but not sure it's in the cards ... Yet. Main concern is a 13 y/o house cat. She's a bit too old to put the shock of our traveling rodeo on her.

As for the solar, the TT came with a 165W panel and 80AH Battery. Will probably consider an upgrade in the future, but that would also mean new Lithium batteries and appropriate charger/controller. Our shakedown is off grid so we can get a better feel for how long we can go without shore tie.
You couldn’t pay me to put lithium batteries in my RV or house. They cause too many fires and they are too dang expensive. There was a semi truck sized moving van that caught fire last year on I-8 about 20 miles from me. Guess what started the fire and burned up that family’s entire contents? And then there was the Tesla involved in a minor accident, but the electrically operated doors wouldn’t open and it fried 2 people inside.

Until I went to an electric refrigerator I did just fine with a 200 watt panel and 2 golf cart batteries (200AH). I doubled both for the 12V DC fridge. The house has 2000 watts and 840 AH so that I can run a similar fridge plus a big swamp cooler and a small washing machine with a 3,000 watt inverter. Most of the house is wired with DC power.

All Mutants are welcome to stay here. I have an acre of land and my nearest neighbor is about a 1/3 mile away. This is the boonies. There’s a macerator pump and 100’ hose to get holding tank contents to the septic system. So all visitors need is their own power. I do haul water, but it is RO water from the community water system. Tastes great and no calcium buildup.

I also have 2 small dogs, 2 cats and I am fostering 8 kittens. Thankfully the cats all live outside. No rodents or lizards survive long here. I never do anything outside without an audience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:27 AM   #91993
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No campfires last night 'cause Ed didn't get any fuel...well, he probably had wood but we opted not to have fire. We were all tired from the days drive, except Carl so we called it an early evening after some fine Mexican cuisine in Middlebury.. On Sunday in Shipshewana the sidewalks are rolled up and they don't unroll them until Tuesday so out of town sojourns are required if you need to eat or get anything.

Life is Good!
Old 08-02-2022, 08:35 AM   #91994

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha, I know where y’all can get some firewood!
Bring your saw.