Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2022, 03:07 PM   #92191

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Been busy (with Waynes' help) setting this up, watching videos on what I can cook, how to season it, how to clean it, etc...tonight is the first night to cook on it
call Wayne for a 6 page list of accessories the fun has only just begun btw what is for dinner? not lamb I hope.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #92192

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Knee acting up, I’m back on the frozen peas and carrots. Well actually there own me ie my knee!
Mary is going to get fed up with your whining
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
Old 08-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #92193

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ouch! Been there, done that - glad that they upgraded them to the titanium model. Hang tough, Tim. (or is just a ploy to get out of doing something you don’t wanna do?)
The set back was due to doing to much to soon.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:30 PM   #92194

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Been busy (with Waynes' help) setting this up, watching videos on what I can cook, how to season it, how to clean it, etc...tonight is the first night to cook on it
Acting more like Wayne every day!
Old 08-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #92195

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
call Wayne for a 6 page list of accessories the fun has only just begun btw what is for dinner? not lamb I hope.
Believe me, he's been sending many links to things I need

Tonight is simple, Kobe beef hot dogs, corn on the cob and frozen curly fries (experimenting to see if they come out right).

Oh, and I'll heat up some beans in the micro.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #92196

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Believe me, he's been sending many links to things I need

Tonight is simple, Kobe beef hot dogs, corn on the cob and frozen curly fries (experimenting to see if they come out right).

Wayne is a Black Stone chef, been fortunate to per take of several of his meals.
seems like the beans could be heated on the griddle. ask Wayne I guess. curious about the frozen fries, let us know how it works out.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:34 PM   #92197

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I covered the fries when I first put them on with a dome. After a while I just let them sit there to undo the sogginess. In the end, most came out better than Wendys

Corn cooked as expected, so happy there, the dogs took a little longer than expected but I need to start with a higher temp. I was worried about burning everything so I started low and slow (to quote some Blackstone Youtube dudes).

Birdies ate it, so it couldn't have been that bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4433.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	374491  
Old 08-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #92198

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I covered the fries when I first put them on with a dome. After a while I just let them sit there to undo the sogginess. In the end, most came out better than Wendys

Corn cooked as expected, so happy there, the dogs took a little longer than expected but I need to start with a higher temp. I was worried about burning everything so I started low and slow (to quote some Blackstone Youtube dudes).

Birdies ate it, so it couldn't have been that bad.
looks like way too much food for just you and 2 birds....guess you and Wayne can do a cook off at the next GC. makes me want to take mine out and use it
Old 08-24-2022, 07:27 PM   #92199

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
looks like way too much food for just you and 2 birds....guess you and Wayne can do a cook off at the next GC. makes me want to take mine out and use it
It was all gone when we were finished
Old 08-24-2022, 08:54 PM   #92200
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The set back was due to doing to much to soon.
You're just milking it for all it can get you! Mary will get wise soon.

Quote:
Acting more like Wayne every day!
Everyone wants to be me!! Even have a theme song to prove it.

Quote:
[...]

Microwave! Put the beans in a pan next time and set it on the corner of the griddle. Just make sure to have a pot holder to take the pan off the griddle.

Tonight I did Coney Islands. Put the chilli in a pan and when I was through with the onions peppers (my take on it) and hot dogs, the chili was hot,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:47 AM   #92201

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You're just milking it for all it can get you! Mary will get wise soon.

Everyone wants to be me!! Even have a theme song to prove it.

Microwave! Put the beans in a pan next time and set it on the corner of the griddle. Just make sure to have a pot holder to take the pan off the griddle.

Tonight I did Coney Islands. Put the chilli in a pan and when I was through with the onions peppers (my take on it) and hot dogs, the chili was hot,
I almost did the pan thing, even got it out, but then I thought to myself, this is dumb, I usually just put the beans into the bowl, heat them in the micro and I eat them right from that bowl (it's a small can of beans). So what's the point of dirtying up a pan just for that? You folks are not thinking efficiency here!!!
Old 08-25-2022, 08:13 AM   #92202

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do they have Waffle House restaurants in y’all’s area?

For some reason y’all remind me of Waffle House. Just for those not familiar, WH is a 24/7 restaurant that cooks everything on a flat grill. There may be few exceptions but very few. Their small but may have at best up to 3 waitresses and one cook. Nothing is written down the orders are just called out to the cook who is in plane site of the whole restaurant. Actually watching them work is very entertaining and they usually get orders right.

Now having said all that, from my observation and conversation with those that work there I have determined a high standard is required for employment. Must have a diploma from 6th grade or above, tattoos are a must, no outstanding warrants from the local cops, and baths are optional.

Since they never close, Never! I recently heard that the weather channel determines the severity of hurricanes and tornadoes by if the area WH answers their phone.

Yep, I believe Wayne Carl and Kevin might have a future in grill work!
Old 08-25-2022, 08:46 AM   #92203

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I almost did the pan thing, even got it out, but then I thought to myself, this is dumb, I usually just put the beans into the bowl, heat them in the micro and I eat them right from that bowl (it's a small can of beans). So what's the point of dirtying up a pan just for that? You folks are not thinking efficiency here!!!
just put the can on the griddle, best to remove the top first
Old 08-25-2022, 08:50 AM   #92204

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Do they have Waffle House restaurants in y’all’s area?

For some reason y’all remind me of Waffle House. Just for those not familiar, WH is a 24/7 restaurant that cooks everything on a flat grill. There may be few exceptions but very few. Their small but may have at best up to 3 waitresses and one cook. Nothing is written down the orders are just called out to the cook who is in plane site of the whole restaurant. Actually watching them work is very entertaining and they usually get orders right.

Now having said all that, from my observation and conversation with those that work there I have determined a high standard is required for employment. Must have a diploma from 6th grade or above, tattoos are a must, no outstanding warrants from the local cops, and baths are optional.

Since they never close, Never! I recently heard that the weather channel determines the severity of hurricanes and tornadoes by if the area WH answers their phone.

Yep, I believe Wayne Carl and Kevin might have a future in grill work!

I could be their official tester don't forget I DO NOT cook, BTW does all the cooking I just set up the griddle and keep it clean