Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2022, 07:52 PM   #92485
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
Wayne, are you heading to Lake Catherine tomorrow or Sunday?
Tomorrow is Memphis, then the Landing.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2022, 07:55 PM   #92486
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Visited Casey, IL. Nice little town with big displays.
Here are 3 good looking folks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0912..jpg
Views:	13
Size:	760.8 KB
ID:	377191
For all that have not traveled and met all our RVM friends....you are missing out.
The RVMutant family is wonderful.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #92487

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Looking good.

Also looking like it's time to start heading south...ya'll got jackets on!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:25 AM   #92488

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tomorrow is Memphis, then the Landing.
When you pass Benton on I-30 you’ll go through a construction zone with narrow lanes. It is only about 5 miles start to finish but can slow traffic down quite a bit so take your time.

We will be over Monday, I’ll be at VA this weekend!

You may not need your jacket here but cool enough for campfire. I’ll bring some wood!
Old 09-24-2022, 08:28 AM   #92489

Grand Design Owners Club
@huntnski : Tim, I just sent you PM RE Mutant #203 First Contact
Rhody_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:49 PM   #92490
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Carl, it is 40+ degrees warmer here then 300 miles back up the road.
Set up in 93˚ temperatures.

Tim, thanks for the heads up. You could drop Mary off with the RV before going to the VA.

Had some problems yesterday and today and even before that.

Before that: Went to Sue and Martin's great abode, had a wonderful lunch and Lexi was with us. We arrived back at the RV to find that the power was off for 7 hours. That was at D & W Lake Camping. That is a really nice campground. I reset the circuit breaker and we were ok throughout the night but AC not needed at night. Next morning at 8 a.m. the owner was knocking on the door and changed out the breaker and the plug, No more problems for the rest of our stay.

Next stop was Camp Lakewood RV Park and we were in site 7. Seven, 8, 9 and 10 are cement pads with patio. Site 7 pad is sloped from back to front and I had to unhook (which was what I was going to do anyway) and after moving the car (Had to through the moving part in for fear of snide coments.) I backed the MH up to the edge for a better angle. Still could not get the MH level but glad it was only for 4 nights. Best part was having Ed and Jackie there.

Also, when I backed up it changed the pedestal and sewer locations such that I had to carefully walk across big boulders to get to the bays.

Left this morning and stopped about 2-1/2 hours later to start the car. NOPE. Used my lithium jump start and got it going. Ran it for 5 minutes and then on our way. Decided to stop hourly and start the engine for 5 minutes. One hour later, NOPE, and not even with the jump start.

Got here at KOA Memphis. Put the 8amp charger on the battery. After an hour the car started. Going to leave the battery charger on for the night, not that it is going to help.

One more also: KOA Memphis site 31 is not level and i'm not able to get a good leve, but it's better than the last place.

I lied - Also, plugged in to 50 amp. PT-56X tripped off. L1 118V, L2 103V PE6 error. Park staff came out and changed the breaker but L2 was still reading 108 and not holding steady. I ran into this once before in a Kansas RV Park and they switched the L1 L2 lines at the breaker so I could have AC for the night. I suggested this to the staff and he agreed it wa worth a try. It worked. AC's should run all night.

No more also-s.

Happy trails.

Oh darn almost forgot (also) Generator will not come on without using house boost so may be time to change the service batteries in the MH.

G'night
Old 09-24-2022, 07:13 PM   #92491

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Tim, thanks for the heads up. You could drop Mary off with the RV before going to the VA.

Before that: Went to Sue and Martin's great abode, had a wonderful lunch and Lexi was with us. We arrived back at the RV to find that the power was off for 7 hours. That was at D & W Lake Camping. That is a really nice campground. I reset the circuit breaker and we were ok throughout the night but AC not needed at night. Next morning at 8 a.m. the owner was knocking on the door and changed out the breaker and the plug, No more problems for the rest of our stay.

Next stop was Camp Lakewood RV Park and we were in site 7. Seven, 8, 9 and 10 are cement pads with patio. Site 7 pad is sloped from back to front and I had to unhook (which was what I was going to do anyway) and after moving the car (Had to through the moving part in for fear of snide coments.) I backed the MH up to the edge for a better angle. Still could not get the MH level but glad it was only for 4 nights. Best part was having Ed and Jackie there.

Also, when I backed up it changed the pedestal and sewer locations such that I had to carefully walk across big boulders to get to the bays.

Left this morning and stopped about 2-1/2 hours later to start the car. NOPE. Used my lithium jump start and got it going. Ran it for 5 minutes and then on our way. Decided to stop hourly and start the engine for 5 minutes. One hour later, NOPE, and not even with the jump start.

Got here at KOA Memphis. Put the 8amp charger on the battery. After an hour the car started. Going to leave the battery charger on for the night, not that it is going to help.

One more also: KOA Memphis site 31 is not level and i'm not able to get a good leve, but it's better than the last place.

I lied - Also, plugged in to 50 amp. PT-56X tripped off. L1 118V, L2 103V PE6 error. Park staff came out and changed the breaker but L2 was still reading 108 and not holding steady. I ran into this once before in a Kansas RV Park and they switched the L1 L2 lines at the breaker so I could have AC for the night. I suggested this to the staff and he agreed it wa worth a try. It worked. AC's should run all night.

No more also-s.

Happy trails.

Oh darn almost forgot (also) Generator will not come on without using house boost so may be time to change the service batteries in the MH.

G'night
Wayne have you researched the numbers. Amps used to crank engine vs amps restored to battery from a 5 minute idle. 5 minutes is not very long.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #92492
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Wayne have you researched the numbers. Amps used to crank engine vs amps restored to battery from a 5 minute idle. 5 minutes is not very long.

Yep, I do know that but I don't want to fire up the generator and hook up the charger sitting there for an hour just to have it go dead the next time. I do think it is time to invest in a new battery. I'd have to pull out my receipts to see how old this one is.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:45 PM   #92493

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Yep, I do know that but I don't want to fire up the generator and hook up the charger sitting there for an hour just to have it go dead the next time. I do think it is time to invest in a new battery. I'd have to pull out my receipts to see how old this one is.
Did you ride in Martins EV?
Old 09-24-2022, 07:55 PM   #92494

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

No more also-s.

Happy trails.

G'night

BTW and me had a very nice 400+ mile drive today, staying at a unique campground named Almost Home RV park in Walnut Ridge. they have 1 pull site and they keep it free for people like me who do not make reservations.

Wayne, hate to hear about all your troubles, tomorrow things will be better.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #92495

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Nice...

Quote:

I was going to suggest this before you left Shipshewana but now it's obvious your solution just isn't working.

Get this charger, it's what I use. I've had the charge issue in the past but once I switched to this thing, problem solved. And I had something else from the same company in the past but it didn't provide enough amps. This newer model works really nice. I never worry about my battery anymore while towing.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:32 PM   #92496

Wayne. We spoke about this when you visited. You do need to run a constant 12v to the car while towing.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:29 AM   #92497

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Nice...

I was going to suggest this before you left Shipshewana but now it's obvious your solution just isn't working.

Get this charger, it's what I use. I've had the charge issue in the past but once I switched to this thing, problem solved. And I had something else from the same company in the past but it didn't provide enough amps. This newer model works really nice. I never worry about my battery anymore while towing.

Wayne, this looks easy to install at Catherine if you can get it in time.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:37 AM   #92498
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim, yes I did ride in Martins complicated electronic on four wheels computer.

Carl, thanks for the info.

Martin, not necessary to have a charge line. Only until recently have I had a problem. Towed the Saturn with no problems. Towed this Lincoln with no problems and every 2 or so hours stop to stretch and run the car for a little bit. This battery doe need replacing

However, it will make it easier when I get the charge line installed. Maybe I can find one in Hot Springs and get one of the younger more nimble bodied nice person to install it for me, Or, hire it out.