Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #92849

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Well that's certainly welcomed news!!! Great to hear!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2022, 10:58 PM   #92850
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave, great news. We would love to see you and Nola again at Shipshewana. Don't forget though, it's Summer for the meeting. Kevan, Carl, Sue & Martin, Chris and Nadine (maybe) and others will be there together from August 4th, or earlier, until the 11th, or later. Seems we always have fun when together.

We will be there from August 1st through September 19th and maybe a little longer. So anytime is great for us.

I'm keeping a list and I'm checking it twice! Sometime after the 1st of the year I'll start a thread on who's who at "Shipshewanna Campground - South Park"

For anyone interested in joining us all, make sure you get the name correct. There are a lot of Shipshewanna Campgrounds but only one "South Park."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:52 AM   #92851

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafango View Post

Wait till you meet me! He He
!
Old 12-03-2022, 11:52 AM   #92852

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dave, great news. We would love to see you and Nola again at Shipshewana. Don't forget though, it's Summer for the meeting. Kevan, Carl, Sue & Martin, Chris and Nadine (maybe) and others will be there together from August 4th, or earlier, until the 11th, or later. Seems we always have fun when together.

We will be there from August 1st through September 19th and maybe a little longer. So anytime is great for us.

I'm keeping a list and I'm checking it twice! Sometime after the 1st of the year I'll start a thread on who's who at "Shipshewanna Campground - South Park"

For anyone interested in joining us all, make sure you get the name correct. There are a lot of Shipshewanna Campgrounds but only one "South Park."
We're looking at being in Shipshewana August 13-20. Also hoping to get into the GDRV National Rally (Elkhart) August 28 to Sept 2, with a run around the lakes in between.

Is there an organized group set up for this with a specific POC? Or do I just call and take my chances to find a spot near #101?
Rhody_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #92853

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I started treatment from the doctors in August to control my brain recovery.
I feel 90 percent-plus recovery!!
I could barely speak at all at the beginning.
OMG! I am so shocked! (Doesn't that sound lame?!) Of all the things that went through my mind earlier when you mentioned treatment & getting your speech back, Alzheimers was absolutely not one of them.

I'm so glad to hear the early treatment has helped so much. Keep it up, man! The ommms machine is running overtime here. Seriously!
Old 12-03-2022, 12:39 PM   #92854
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Chris,

Make it a week earlier to see others that are grouping the area otherwise you will miss some very interesting RV Mutants.

The dates that I have for other RV Mutants attending is August 6th for as long as they want. Some will be in earlier which means I'll have to put up with them for a longer time.

Adjust you schedule!
Old 12-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #92855

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Chris,

Make it a week earlier to see others that are grouping the area otherwise you will miss some very interesting RV Mutants.

The dates that I have for other RV Mutants attending is August 6th for as long as they want. Some will be in earlier which means I'll have to put up with them for a longer time.

Adjust you schedule!
What makes you so sure you'd want to put up with me for any longer?

The timing is whether we get into the GDRV Rally or not. Won't know that until April. If we don't make that cut then we could come earlier, but we'll have to wait and see.
Rhody_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #92856

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody_Chris View Post
What makes you so sure you'd want to put up with me for any longer?

The timing is whether we get into the GDRV Rally or not. Won't know that until April. If we don't make that cut then we could come earlier, but we'll have to wait and see.
Chris, no need to worry I arrive on the 5th and leave on the 20th so you will not have to put up with Wayne alone. or just stay for 2 weeks
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 10:04 PM   #92857
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Howdy y’all! Just thought I’d pop in and see what’s happening. Nice to know y’all still pick on each other all the time.

I’ve been putting together and installing my new IKEA kitchen. That’s some heavy stuff, but I have a friend helping me lift the upper cabinets. There’s always something to do, actually too many somethings.

We have rain today. It’s the first rain we’ve had in three months. I spent several hours raking sand on the driveway and driving on it with a smoother grate. I wanted it to get wet with everything flat. I had some special sand brought in that has some natural cement like properties, but no rain to activate it. I sprinkle the gray water on it, but it’s a BIG circle driveway.

Next step is to bring in gravel from the local quarry. I still have the trailer I bought up in Quartzsite. Anyone remember Schitty, Schitty Bang Bang? With him I can get about 1,000 pounds of river rock for $20. Now all I need is the time and energy to unload it.

Have I mentioned that anyone wanting to enjoy our marvelous winter weather is welcome to come visit?

Dave, I'm happy to hear your great news! Keep fighting! If you got the Covid jab I'd suggest you look into detox protocols. That sh#* does nasty stuff to brains, but research is finding natural methods to remove it.

Have fun!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:44 AM   #92858

Dave and Nola - - Our prayers are with guys. May your treatments continue to go in a positive direction. From my experience, life is sometimes difficult to handle. You just have to be tougher than the stuff life brings your way. Again, love you guys and we hope to spend a few days in the Shipshewanna area in the Fall. God Bless.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:58 PM   #92859

Thanks very much, Barb, Steve, and Mary Ann!!
Nola and me are still fighting in the gauntlet here in PA, but we are soon in the end!
We look forward to see all yalls as we can.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #92860
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looking forward to it!
Old 12-06-2022, 12:31 PM   #92861

Dang! I just mistakenly made a dental appointment for August 8th. Now let me think: will it be the dental hygienist or our mutant friends in Shipshewana? Hmmm....
Old 12-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #92862

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Dang! I just mistakenly made a dental appointment for August 8th. Now let me think: will it be the dental hygienist or our mutant friends in Shipshewana? Hmmm....
Confuses say, rotten teeth easyer to deal with than rotten mutants!